User Tag List

First 910111213 Last

Results 101 to 110 of 135

  1. #101
    Senior Member prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    29,781

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    which is even worse! you do know they'll let just about anyone post on here, don't you?
    i was refering to the fact that your post said not to just go with what the post said. so what clues am i looking for oh, great mystical one?
    In no likes experiment.

    that is all

    i dunno what else to say so

  2. #102
    not to be trusted miss fortune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Posts
    20,122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Qwan View Post
    Ne is like a spider's web.
    Spiders catch flies in their webs.
    Writers collect ideas in a similar manner.
    Ideas fly in fast from all directions.
    Fi, like the spider, devours choice ideas.
    so you're saying that only NFs can write?

    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    i was refering to the fact that your post said not to just go with what the post said. so what clues am i looking for oh, great mystical one?
    a nice, logical explanation as to why we have to confine people to operating in specific manners... that shouldn't be too much to ask for, should it?
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

  3. #103
    Senior Member prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    29,781

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    so you're saying that only NFs can write?



    a nice, logical explanation as to why we have to confine people to operating in specific manners... that shouldn't be too much to ask for, should it?
    no ne is like a spider spinning the web the web is where we get our wealth of knowledge from.


    and so it's been said that listen toe whatever and whatever will set you free.
    In no likes experiment.

    that is all

    i dunno what else to say so

  4. #104
    not to be trusted miss fortune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Posts
    20,122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    no ne is like a spider spinning the web the web is where we get our wealth of knowledge from.


    and so it's been said that listen toe whatever and whatever will set you free.
    dammit... I'd better throw out my works by Eudora Welty then... guess you can't learn anything through observation or listening... ... or LIVING!

    and my toes are glorious... though stubby
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

  5. #105
    Senior Member prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    29,781

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    dammit... I'd better throw out my works by Eudora Welty then... guess you can't learn anything through observation or listening... ... or LIVING!

    and my toes are glorious... though stubby
    there there.
    In no likes experiment.

    that is all

    i dunno what else to say so

  6. #106
    not to be trusted miss fortune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Posts
    20,122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    there there.
    where?!

    I have to be suspicious of anyone who says that someone can't do something because "they aren't the right type to do things like that" because that's bullshit... even if it WERE possible only to specialize in a few functions people adapt like any other animal... like stroke victims who figure out how to speak again after that portion of their brain was destroyed, or dogs who learn to run on two legs... we're elastic, not static
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

  7. #107
    Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne
    Posts
    5,634

    Default

    YUP!
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

  8. #108
    Senior Member prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    29,781

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    where?!

    I have to be suspicious of anyone who says that someone can't do something because "they aren't the right type to do things like that" because that's bullshit... even if it WERE possible only to specialize in a few functions people adapt like any other animal... like stroke victims who figure out how to speak again after that portion of their brain was destroyed, or dogs who learn to run on two legs... we're elastic, not static
    I agre with this, I don't have a clue about life, but that doesn't mean i can't learn. and MOST things aren't type related
    In no likes experiment.

    that is all

    i dunno what else to say so

  9. #109
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,153

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    and nobody has, as of yet, made an argument to me that makes sense as to why a person can't use both... the brain has capacity for it and it's not like they're mutually exclusive.

    and "the book said so" doesn't count as a valid argument... use your fucking brains here!
    We do use both? Everyone is sensing and intuiting, S and N. Unless your asking why we don't use all four perceiving functions (which according to the eight function model we do) my answer is that: the deck would just get too cluttered. You could probably programme a computer to be NeNiSeSi but for all four of these to consciously used by a human would put them under too much mental strain. Plus it would distract them so much they wouldn't be able to focus on sex and causing this state of being to become evolutionary maldaptive.

  10. #110
    not to be trusted miss fortune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Posts
    20,122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Standuble View Post
    We do use both? Everyone is sensing and intuiting, S and N. Unless your asking why we don't use all four perceiving functions (which according to the eight function model we do) my answer is that: the deck would just get too cluttered. You could probably programme a computer to be NeNiSeSi but for all four of these to consciously used by a human would put them under too much mental strain. Plus it would distract them so much they wouldn't be able to focus on sex and causing this state of being to become evolutionary maldaptive.
    but wouldn't it be possible to develop them all and then change what's upfront depending upon the situation?

    It's like an RPG or something of the sort, I would think... don't just develop one or two of your characters ridiculously strong and hope that's who gets attacked, you're safer developing on all fronts because you can't be sure as to what's coming

    I have 3 social science degrees, work a blue collar job and write in the evenings... I don't just use Ne or Se in the course of my day, week or life and I don't see the practicality of thinking that anyone would do so...
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Similar Threads

  1. Are atheists as important as they think they are
    By FunnyDigestion in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 104
    Last Post: 02-02-2017, 09:36 PM
  2. What type is most likely to think they are every type?
    By sillyface in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-07-2014, 01:52 PM
  3. Sensors that think they are Intuitives?
    By Antimony in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 10-05-2012, 12:58 PM
  4. Sensors who think they are Intuitives
    By Oaky in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 261
    Last Post: 08-31-2012, 09:46 AM
  5. Js who think they are P
    By Poki in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 10-17-2009, 04:59 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO