User Tag List

First 910111213 Last

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    which is even worse! you do know they'll let just about anyone post on here, don't you?
    i was refering to the fact that your post said not to just go with what the post said. so what clues am i looking for oh, great mystical one?
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Qwan View Post
    Ne is like a spider's web.
    Spiders catch flies in their webs.
    Writers collect ideas in a similar manner.
    Ideas fly in fast from all directions.
    Fi, like the spider, devours choice ideas.
    so you're saying that only NFs can write?

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    i was refering to the fact that your post said not to just go with what the post said. so what clues am i looking for oh, great mystical one?
    a nice, logical explanation as to why we have to confine people to operating in specific manners... that shouldn't be too much to ask for, should it?
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    yupp

so you're saying that only NFs can write?

a nice, logical explanation as to why we have to confine people to operating in specific manners... that shouldn't be too much to ask for, should it?
    no ne is like a spider spinning the web the web is where we get our wealth of knowledge from.

and so it's been said that listen toe whatever and whatever will set you free.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

no ne is like a spider spinning the web the web is where we get our wealth of knowledge from.

and so it's been said that listen toe whatever and whatever will set you free.
    dammit... I'd better throw out my works by Eudora Welty then... guess you can't learn anything through observation or listening... ... or LIVING!

and my toes are glorious... though stubby
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    yupp

dammit... I'd better throw out my works by Eudora Welty then... guess you can't learn anything through observation or listening... ... or LIVING!

and my toes are glorious... though stubby
    there there.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

there there.
    where?!

I have to be suspicious of anyone who says that someone can't do something because "they aren't the right type to do things like that" because that's bullshit... even if it WERE possible only to specialize in a few functions people adapt like any other animal... like stroke victims who figure out how to speak again after that portion of their brain was destroyed, or dogs who learn to run on two legs... we're elastic, not static

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

YUP!
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

MBTI
    yupp

where?!

I have to be suspicious of anyone who says that someone can't do something because "they aren't the right type to do things like that" because that's bullshit... even if it WERE possible only to specialize in a few functions people adapt like any other animal... like stroke victims who figure out how to speak again after that portion of their brain was destroyed, or dogs who learn to run on two legs... we're elastic, not static
    I agre with this, I don't have a clue about life, but that doesn't mean i can't learn. and MOST things aren't type related
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

and nobody has, as of yet, made an argument to me that makes sense as to why a person can't use both... the brain has capacity for it and it's not like they're mutually exclusive.

and "the book said so" doesn't count as a valid argument... use your fucking brains here!
    We do use both? Everyone is sensing and intuiting, S and N. Unless your asking why we don't use all four perceiving functions (which according to the eight function model we do) my answer is that: the deck would just get too cluttered. You could probably programme a computer to be NeNiSeSi but for all four of these to consciously used by a human would put them under too much mental strain. Plus it would distract them so much they wouldn't be able to focus on sex and causing this state of being to become evolutionary maldaptive.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Standuble View Post
    We do use both? Everyone is sensing and intuiting, S and N. Unless your asking why we don't use all four perceiving functions (which according to the eight function model we do) my answer is that: the deck would just get too cluttered. You could probably programme a computer to be NeNiSeSi but for all four of these to consciously used by a human would put them under too much mental strain. Plus it would distract them so much they wouldn't be able to focus on sex and causing this state of being to become evolutionary maldaptive.
    but wouldn't it be possible to develop them all and then change what's upfront depending upon the situation?

It's like an RPG or something of the sort, I would think... don't just develop one or two of your characters ridiculously strong and hope that's who gets attacked, you're safer developing on all fronts because you can't be sure as to what's coming

I have 3 social science degrees, work a blue collar job and write in the evenings... I don't just use Ne or Se in the course of my day, week or life and I don't see the practicality of thinking that anyone would do so...