• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Ni vs Ne Humor

G

garbage

I like:
  • Over-the-top stuff. Like, overplayed stereotypes that know that they're overplayed. If you've seen Lemony Snicket, you'll remember Count Olaf as an over-the-top villain who traps people on railroad tracks, has multiple disguises, harasses orphans, and sneakily tries to snatch an inheritance. Also, King of the Hill. Also, the "Ow, My Balls!" segment in Idiocracy. Also, the early episodes of South Park that revolved around the kids' naievete.
  • Generalizations. Sort of the same lines as the above.
  • Irony's good, too. I like sarcasm when it's not completely obvious.
  • A slight bit of random humor. Most Adult Swim-level random humor makes me want to stab myself, though. "Ha ha, some celebrity busted through our window! How wacky is that!" :doh:

Oh, and Frasier sucks.

No idea how these sorts of humor preferences correlate with types/functions, so I guess I'm not really answering the OP at all

stringstheory

THIS bitch
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I love King of the Hill and Fraiser.

i'm not too into Fraiser, though i wouldn't go so far as to say it sucks. but i freaking LOVE King of the Hill; it's like watching a slightly funner/less scary version of my daddy's side of the family. I heart Dale :wubbie::wubbie:

I'm a big fan of humour that elicits a "heh" or "WTF?" reaction from me...Or is political in nature...i guess i could desribe the humour i'm drawn to as either really subtle or really outrageous and doesn't go where I expect it to go.

my favourite comedians include Eddie Izzard, Maria Bamford and Margaret Cho. Other favourites include Home Movies, The Oblongs, Weeds, Arrested Development, Entourage and Tim and Eric Awesome Show: Great Job!...which i was not a fan of at first, but my INTJ LOVES it and it really grew on me. if Ni humour is anything like his, i would describe it as BIZARRE.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Hilo, as an INTP myself, neither Family Guy nor King of the Hill tickle me. Each luck into a joke I like every now and again, but I usually consider it an aberration. I can watch multiple full episodes of either show without cracking a smile.

Shows like Arrested Development, Mr. Show, Community, Flight of the Conchords, Extras, Garth Marenghi's Darkplace and It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia to name more than I need to, are really, really up my alley.

Oh, and the first 10 or so seasons of the Simpsons, but is there a living human being who doesn't love those?

Yeah, this is how I feel. I haven't watched the last two shows on your list, but fully agree with the others.

I've said this before, but Family Guy never goes far enough to make actual jokes. They just shine a light on something that already exists..."hey! here's a thing!"...rather than creating some sort of commentary that would make it worth bringing up. The Simpsons and South Park are hilarious while usually managing to make you think about the ridiculousness of some of the stuff that goes on around us. I have never, ever found King of the Hill funny in the slightest. I'm not even sure what's supposed to be funny about it.

stringstheory

THIS bitch
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I have never, ever found King of the Hill funny in the slightest. I'm not even sure what's supposed to be funny about it.

for me, i just find humour in how fucked up i perceive them to be yet just going on like it's nothing out of the ordinary. it's funny because they're a lot like my dad's side of the family, i'm sitting around watching everyone go on like everything is perfectly normal and going "WTFFFF are we all doing? are you serious??" Personally i can really relate to Bobby in a lot of the episodes and Dale just slays me.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Oh, and Frasier sucks.

No idea how these sorts of humor preferences correlate with types/functions, so I guess I'm not really answering the OP at all

Fraiser's just 23 minutes of Se ham. Good to get that out of the way.

Hopelandic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
me

neptunesnet

man-made
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5&4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I like Arrested development [...]

I think that's one of the better examples of Ne humor. There's a lot of wordplay mixed with odd plot development that's just so good. Can't think of any specific Ni humor examples.

I love King of the Hill and Fraiser.

One of the writers & producers of Fraiser went to my former high school.

Just fyi :)

G

garbage

Frasier sucks. It is not a good show. It's the worst show on the planet. I'm glad that there are no more new episodes.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
I thought King of the Hill was incredibly boring for a long time, then about somewhere around two years ago, something clicked, and I just started enjoying it, for what it is.

I can't really explain why I like it, but there is something to the show that I like, it doesn't make me laugh out loud per se, but I just enjoy it.

Now, Fraiser, I absolutely love.

I always have, and always will.

I think it is incredibly well written, period.

I love it.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I love really dry and offbeat slightly twisted humour...
Daisy Donovan from the eleven o o'clock show was great, also love Eddie Izzard.
T.V wise i'm not too into anything but i can remember one scene from spongebob squarepants that had me in stitches.
I do like the humour of Stephen Fry and sometimes watch QI. Also have i got news for you because Paul Merton makes me chuckle...
All this being said i refrain from commenting which of these are Ni or Ne...prehaps someone else can say

Coco

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I didn't read the thread, but here's Ne humor:
To write with a broken pencil is pointless.

Hahahahahaha!

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp