User Tag List

First 4567816 Last

Thread: Ni vs Ne Humor

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

why i think demetri martin is hilarious would be a great example. i love the feeling of being deceived in terms of Te. or in language use, making illogical connections, etc. a basic premise that devolves in funny ways.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Hmm..I thought about this the other day. i told my friends (intp and enfp) two jokes. The first:

1) Did you hear the one about the hole in the ground?
    Well, well, well...

the 2) Buddhist monk goes to a hot dog vendor and asks to make him one with everything. The vendor makes the hotdog and hands it over, and the monk pays with a 5 dollar bill. the vendor accepts the bill and just stands there. so finally, the monk asks: "can i have my change please?" and the vendor replies "change comes from within".

I found these jokes hilarious the first time I heard them, but my friends intp and enfp both commented that they didn't find them funny at all! Especially the INTP who said he preferred humour that had to do with spontaneous events in every day life...

I wonder how this fits in to your theory?
    Likes Punderstorm liked this post

MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    N/A
    Socionics
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Crazydaisy View Post
    Embarrassingly, I'm having trouble interpreting this joke. Would you care to explain it?
    http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u56/EnglerMeister/hehh.jpg

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by Engler View Post
    Embarrassingly, I'm having trouble interpreting this joke. Would you care to explain it?
    "Well", as in a water well. You repeat the word to give it an echo, as if you are speaking into it.

MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    N/A
    Socionics
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    "Well", as in a water well. You repeat the word to give it an echo, as if you are speaking into it.
    Ah, I see. A gradually diminishing font size may have allowed me to come to that conclusion more easily.
    http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u56/EnglerMeister/hehh.jpg

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Hmm..I thought about this the other day. i told my friends (intp and enfp) two jokes. The first:

Well, well, well...

the 2) Buddhist monk goes to a hot dog vendor and asks to make him one with everything. The vendor makes the hotdog and hands it over, and the monk pays with a 5 dollar bill. the vendor accepts the bill and just stands there. so finally, the monk asks: "can i have my change please?" and the vendor replies "change comes from within".

I found these jokes hilarious the first time I heard them, but my friends intp and enfp both commented that they didn't find them funny at all! Especially the INTP who said he preferred humour that had to do with spontaneous events in every day life...

I wonder how this fits in to your theory?
    Both of those jokes got a smile out of me - especially the second one, though I did appreciate the first one - and I'm an xNFP, so I don't see that's it's necessarily type related.

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram

Well, well, well...

I mean, hm. I guess my problem with these jokes is that they're really obvious. If someone told them to me in real life I might laugh, but only because I'd be laughing at the fact that they'd tell a joke like that

Then again, I'm kind of with your intp friend in that I tend to not be that impressed with rehearsed jokes (except "a baby seal walked into a club" I lol'd and lol'd the first time someone told me that).

-------

Also, Nanook, I wish I understood what you were talking about in that post...
    "There's no need to be embarrassed about it, Mr. Spock. It happens to the birds and the bees!"

MBTI
    INTP

[YOUTUBE="7gAtlYx-jYc"]Welcome to my home[/YOUTUBE]

I think this is possibly the funniest thing I've ever seen. Somebody please tell me what that means. "I've even had to underline it!"

MBTI
    INTX
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    LII

This is most definitely NTP humor:
    YouTube - Whitest Kids U Know: Hunting Accident
    Ti=Ni>Ne>Te>Si>Fi>Fe=Se

Neutral>Neutral Good>Neutral Evil

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

I think it's more a question of NT vs NF than Ni vs Ne. There are definite things I can class as NT humour but very times when I see a peice of humour which depends XNXJ vs XNXP.

In fact let's test it: I challenge anyone to find a joke, vid or pic which XNXJ's will overwhelmingly get and XNXP's overwhelmingly not, and vice versa.
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

"Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

-Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.