User Tag List

First 4567816 Last

Results 51 to 60 of 200

Thread: Ni vs Ne Humor

  1. #51
    Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    2,460

    Default

    why i think demetri martin is hilarious would be a great example. i love the feeling of being deceived in terms of Te. or in language use, making illogical connections, etc. a basic premise that devolves in funny ways.

  2. #52
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Posts
    21

    Default

    Hmm..I thought about this the other day. i told my friends (intp and enfp) two jokes. The first:

    1) Did you hear the one about the hole in the ground?
    Well, well, well...

    the 2) Buddhist monk goes to a hot dog vendor and asks to make him one with everything. The vendor makes the hotdog and hands it over, and the monk pays with a 5 dollar bill. the vendor accepts the bill and just stands there. so finally, the monk asks: "can i have my change please?" and the vendor replies "change comes from within".

    I found these jokes hilarious the first time I heard them, but my friends intp and enfp both commented that they didn't find them funny at all! Especially the INTP who said he preferred humour that had to do with spontaneous events in every day life...

    I wonder how this fits in to your theory?
    Likes Punderstorm liked this post

  3. #53
    Senior Member Engler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    N/A
    Socionics
    N/A
    Posts
    114

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crazydaisy View Post
    1) Did you hear the one about the hole in the ground?
    Embarrassingly, I'm having trouble interpreting this joke. Would you care to explain it?
    http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u56/EnglerMeister/hehh.jpg

  4. #54
    Seriously Delirious Udog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None
    Posts
    5,295

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Engler View Post
    Embarrassingly, I'm having trouble interpreting this joke. Would you care to explain it?
    "Well", as in a water well. You repeat the word to give it an echo, as if you are speaking into it.

  5. #55
    Senior Member Engler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    N/A
    Socionics
    N/A
    Posts
    114

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    "Well", as in a water well. You repeat the word to give it an echo, as if you are speaking into it.
    Ah, I see. A gradually diminishing font size may have allowed me to come to that conclusion more easily.
    http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u56/EnglerMeister/hehh.jpg

  6. #56
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crazydaisy View Post
    Hmm..I thought about this the other day. i told my friends (intp and enfp) two jokes. The first:

    1) Did you hear the one about the hole in the ground?
    Well, well, well...

    the 2) Buddhist monk goes to a hot dog vendor and asks to make him one with everything. The vendor makes the hotdog and hands it over, and the monk pays with a 5 dollar bill. the vendor accepts the bill and just stands there. so finally, the monk asks: "can i have my change please?" and the vendor replies "change comes from within".

    I found these jokes hilarious the first time I heard them, but my friends intp and enfp both commented that they didn't find them funny at all! Especially the INTP who said he preferred humour that had to do with spontaneous events in every day life...

    I wonder how this fits in to your theory?
    Both of those jokes got a smile out of me - especially the second one, though I did appreciate the first one - and I'm an xNFP, so I don't see that's it's necessarily type related.

  7. #57
    triple nerd score poppy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram
    5
    Posts
    2,220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crazydaisy View Post
    Hmm..I thought about this the other day. i told my friends (intp and enfp) two jokes. The first:

    1) Did you hear the one about the hole in the ground?
    Well, well, well...

    the 2) Buddhist monk goes to a hot dog vendor and asks to make him one with everything. The vendor makes the hotdog and hands it over, and the monk pays with a 5 dollar bill. the vendor accepts the bill and just stands there. so finally, the monk asks: "can i have my change please?" and the vendor replies "change comes from within".
    I mean, hm. I guess my problem with these jokes is that they're really obvious. If someone told them to me in real life I might laugh, but only because I'd be laughing at the fact that they'd tell a joke like that

    Then again, I'm kind of with your intp friend in that I tend to not be that impressed with rehearsed jokes (except "a baby seal walked into a club" I lol'd and lol'd the first time someone told me that).

    -------

    Also, Nanook, I wish I understood what you were talking about in that post...
    "There's no need to be embarrassed about it, Mr. Spock. It happens to the birds and the bees!"

  8. #58
    Senior Member sofmarhof's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    327

    Default

    [YOUTUBE="7gAtlYx-jYc"]Welcome to my home[/YOUTUBE]

    I think this is possibly the funniest thing I've ever seen. Somebody please tell me what that means. "I've even had to underline it!"

  9. #59
    Member CyberHiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    MBTI
    INTX
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    LII
    Posts
    32

    Default

    This is most definitely NTP humor:
    YouTube - Whitest Kids U Know: Hunting Accident
    Ti=Ni>Ne>Te>Si>Fi>Fe=Se

    Neutral>Neutral Good>Neutral Evil

  10. #60
    psicobolche tcda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5
    Posts
    1,292

    Default

    I think it's more a question of NT vs NF than Ni vs Ne. There are definite things I can class as NT humour but very times when I see a peice of humour which depends XNXJ vs XNXP.

    In fact let's test it: I challenge anyone to find a joke, vid or pic which XNXJ's will overwhelmingly get and XNXP's overwhelmingly not, and vice versa.
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

    "Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

    -Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.

Similar Threads

  1. Video: Introverted Intuition vs Extraverted Intuition (Ni vs Ne)
    By highlander in forum Typology Videos and RSS Feeds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-29-2014, 11:47 PM
  2. Si vs Se / Ni vs Ne
    By Ribonuke in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-13-2013, 12:30 PM
  3. Ni vs Ne Explained!
    By Doctorjuice in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-18-2012, 07:05 AM
  4. Ni vs. Ne communication
    By King sns in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 87
    Last Post: 12-10-2011, 06:32 AM
  5. [JCF] Detemine Function Questions: Ni vs. Ne
    By TacEight in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 10-20-2010, 05:26 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO