Thread: Ni vs Ne Humor

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Family Guy is 100% Ne. King of The Hill is more Ni...if that helps.
    That's a pretty awesome distinction, and it seems so true now that I think of it.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I'ld have typed Peter from family guy ESFJ. I know one ESFJ in real life, who is exactly a jerk, you got to love like that
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

Arrested Development(Ni) vs. Family Guy(Ne)
    I N V I C T U S

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEI

My INFJ friend is freaking hilarious... even her laugh alone will set me off. I think it's the vibrant way she describes random things that happen to her and her reactions/thoughts.
    And this made me lmao:

Quote Originally Posted by Valuable_Money View Post
    I also really like messing with people, like going into the middle of a crowd in the mall and then suddenly freaking out "OH MY GOD SOMEON PLEASE HELP ME!!! MY HANDS!!! MY HANDS WONT COME OFF MY WRISTS!!!!!!"
    When I know that someone is forcing themselves to be funny and actually thinks they are, I pretty much always pick up on it and don't even crack a smile. Not sure if that makes sense...

I have really, really dry humor, and not very many people pick up on it. It seems like I connect fast with people who do though, because me and all of my good friends think each other's humor is hilarious.
    "So I say, live and let live. Thatís my motto. Live and let live.
    Anyone who canít go along with that, take him outside and shoot the motherfucker."
    - George Carlin

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

P.S.,
    Family Guy is 100% Ne. King of The Hill is more Ni...if that helps.
    I do think this is helpful.

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram

They're both very banter-y.

Ne humor is based on connecting unlikely ideas/people/things in the outer world into funny combinations/wording things in ways that, through subtext, could be interpreted in numerous different ways.
    Remember that Ni believes everything is totally a function of perception, so if something's funny to me it might not necessarily be funny to you, and so Ni will sometimes make quiet deadpan jokes that are extraordinarily funny to the speaker, but that there isn't enough even information for a listener to even put it together--but that's not the point, since it's all in the way you look at it anyway.
    A lot of Ni humor is based on poking subtle fun at people who place too much stock in their own arbitrary views of reality.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thursday View Post

Quote Originally Posted by ygolo View Post
    ISTJ/INTJ -Fe- finds outdated/ineffective social norms either funny or deceptive
    In small doses Fe can seem very funny to me, for instance the few parts in Pride and Prejudice that I enjoyed were mostly satire on social norms (um, social norms of those days anyway).
    "There's no need to be embarrassed about it, Mr. Spock. It happens to the birds and the bees!"

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by Thursday View Post
    Can we please find a better example for Ne?
    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh? wgah'nagl fhtagn

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by Valuable_Money View Post
    Can we please find a better example for Ne?
    the simpsons?? or is that Ni

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

There is a theory (Berens's) that the 7th function in the "lasagna model" is what is responsible for the comedic view...but the same function can be "deceiving."

For instance for me, that would be Se, and I really like physical humor over most other things. But I'm also the type that will wear my shirt inside out or backward at times. Keeping a sense of humor about these things allows me to not be too hard on myself.

For an ISTP, it would be Ne, and they would find protracted inferences comedic or deceptive depending on their mood.

So I am going to push this theory to the limit. Let's see what sticks.

Complete list:

ESFJ/ESTJ -Ni- finds weird/unlikely visions of the future either funny or deceptive
    ISFJ/INFJ -Te- finds strange/improper organization either funny or deceptive
    ISTJ/INTJ -Fe- finds outdated/ineffective social norms either funny or deceptive
    ISTP/ISFP -Ne- finds protracted/ridiculous inferences either comedic or deceptive
    ENFJ/ENTJ -Si- finds lapses in/incorrect recall either funny or deceptive
    ENFP/ESFP -Ti- finds weird/incorrect analysis either funny or deceptive
    ENTP/ESTP -Fi- finds sociopathic/lack of values either funny or deceptive
    INFP/INTP -Se- finds miscues/obliviousness of senses either funny or deceptive
    this seems so accurate to me it hurts. i'm going to have to think about this, but it feels right in an immediate kind of way. the interplay between funny and deceiving in this hits home, altho i imagine it creates a very specific definition of funny (while there are many ways to have fun or make fun, etc). there does seem to be a built-in unconscious humor with this that i can see in most people i know, well-described in what you've written.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

There is a theory (Berens's) that the 7th function in the "lasagna model" is what is responsible for the comedic view...but the same function can be "deceiving."

For instance for me, that would be Se, and I really like physical humor over most other things. But I'm also the type that will wear my shirt inside out or backward at times. Keeping a sense of humor about these things allows me to not be too hard on myself.

For an ISTP, it would be Ne, and they would find protracted inferences comedic or deceptive depending on their mood.

So I am going to push this theory to the limit. Let's see what sticks.

Complete list:

ESFJ/ESTJ -Ni- finds weird/unlikely visions of the future either funny or deceptive
    ISFJ/INFJ -Te- finds strange/improper organization either funny or deceptive
    ISTP/ISFP -Ne- finds protracted/ridiculous inferences either comedic or deceptive
    ENFJ/ENTJ -Si- finds lapses in/incorrect recall either funny or deceptive
    ENFP/ESFP -Ti- finds weird/incorrect analysis either funny or deceptive
    ENTP/ESTP -Fi- finds sociopathic/lack of values either funny or deceptive
    INFP/INTP -Se- finds miscues/obliviousness of senses either funny or deceptive
    can you give some examples of each then please, because i'm not sure of what strange/improper organization exactly means here