First 1234513 Last

Thread: Ni vs Ne Humor

More human than human MetalWounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    TP
    Enneagram
    9w8

[YOUTUBE="4cLHxIaUWO0"]Let's Go To Prison[/YOUTUBE]

While not the best quality, It's my favorite example of INTJ humor with a healthy bit of Se.
    I'm doing science and I'm still alive

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ILE

i guess i make use of a lot of random associations whether they be scientific, literary, film/tv or general pop culture. sometimes it goes over people's heads if they don't understand or know the reference.

MBTI
    ENTP

My humor generally revolves around comedic timing, shock, and or dry/sardonic jokes.
    The probability that I was procrastinating when I was typing this post:

P(have big assignment due) = 0.6
    P(posting on TypoC) = 0.2
    P(having big assignment due | posting on TypoC) = 0.7

P(posting on TypoC | having big assignment due) = .......

Eh, I'll finish it later.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    Ni-types do not have humor.
    This must be a joke.....some of the funniest people are INxJs. It's usually subtle and witty, but it's sometimes very clear & biting. In any case, hilarious!

Being Ne-aux, I can be playful and silly in random way, and Fi-dom makes me a bit sardonic and wry in a subtle way. I like to say ridiculous things and exaggerate with a wink, but people don't always get it, and then I just seem like someone who says ridiculous things
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

I tend to imagine something completely random and have it interact with something else. For example, while watching a concert, I thought it would be interesting to attach a rope to all of the band members and have them flying around while going nuts playing guitar. I mess with obtuse ideas and possibilities and make something normal into something insane. That seems to be the sense of humor I work best with, but generally I try to include a bit of wit and pun if it comes to me quick enough.
    5 3 9

MBTI
    UFO

Quote Originally Posted by King-Of-Despair View Post
    I tend to imagine something completely random and have it interact with something else. For example, while watching a concert, I thought it would be interesting to attach a rope to all of the band members and have them flying around while going nuts playing guitar. I mess with obtuse ideas and possibilities and make something normal into something insane. That seems to be the sense of humor I work best with, but generally I try to include a bit of wit and pun if it comes to me quick enough.

This. Except, sometimes I like to throw in a little sarcasm. However, I'm not good with puns, at all.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    451 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp Ni

Ne humor is random, wacky, and silly, which makes sense when you think about what Ne does. Ni humor is harder for me to tack down. The main thing that comes to mind is verbal irony, which creates an interplay between the literal and intended meaning of your words. In order to understand and use that kind of humor, you have to be aware that words have multiple interpretations and that they aren't to be taken at face value. Ni is what allows you to do that.
    [ Ni > Ti > Fe > Fi > Ne > Te > Si > Se ][ 4w5 sp/sx ][ RLOAI ][ IEI-Ni ]

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Nunki View Post
    Ne humor is random, wacky, and silly, which makes sense when you think about what Ne does. Ni humor is harder for me to tack down. The main thing that comes to mind is verbal irony, which creates an interplay between the literal and intended meaning of your words. In order to understand and use that kind of humor, you have to be aware that words have multiple interpretations and that they aren't to be taken at face value. Ni is what allows you to do that.
    That sounds quite right, The last joke I remember hearing from an INFJ I know was something like: okay, so a man walks into a bar... *bursts out laughing*
    me:
    her: *explains*
    me: discusses technicalities of what a bar is, then makes joke about ogres using bars or poles
    5 3 9

Enneagram
    1w2

This morning I was on the subway doing my people watching thing when I looked at this dude who was completely thugged out down to the mean mug. I noticed he had on pink Hello Kitty socks.

I was amused.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    Ne style humor is like this, but those Ni people be making jokes like this.
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance