User Tag List

First 81617181920 Last

Results 171 to 180 of 200

Thread: Ni vs Ne Humor

  1. #171
    Senior Member Killjoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5
    Socionics
    ILI
    Posts
    215

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by King-Of-Despair View Post
    Is absurdity part of Ni humor too, or is it just Ne?
    To Ni types, almost everything is absurd.

  2. #172
    Senior Member The Outsider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    Posts
    2,424

    Default

    Then you'll be happy to know that what you just said is absurd.

  3. #173
    Senior Member pinkgraffiti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/so
    Posts
    1,489

    Default

    i found nothing of that funny. I'm ENFP. i don't know if that can help you....
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post
    My ISTJ friend goes on forever about Arrested Development. I finally saw it and had to force myself to sit through several episodes, hoping something would eventually click, but it just does not hit any funny bone anywhere.

    I sent two Catherine Tate skits that I think are hilarious to an ENTP friend and he had the same reaction to them that I had to Arrested Development. Not even slightly funny. I do not understand how anybody breathing can not find Catherine Tate funny. Insolence never fails to amuse me. And my sense of humor when I'm loose and warmed up is smart mouthed like that. It just takes awhile for me to get to that point with anyone because it's risking a lecture about being rude.

    I also like plain stupid jokes, like

    Q: What did the Puerto Rican and the Moron name their baby?
    A: Retardo

    or

    Q: What did the Chinaman and the Moron name their baby?
    A: Sum Ting Wong

    So what's that all about as regards type?

    YouTube - Lauren - French exam - The Catherine Tate Show - BBC comedy

    YouTube - katherine tate language translator

  4. #174
    Senior Member pinkgraffiti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/so
    Posts
    1,489

    Default

    i know. me too. maybe we're getting closer to something...... (we're both ne dom)
    Quote Originally Posted by guesswho View Post
    My humor is random. I love random.

  5. #175
    Senior Member pinkgraffiti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/so
    Posts
    1,489

    Default

    EXACTLY! Thank you! It's nonsense. The barrier between logical and non-logical, part of the world and unreal. That's it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Orobas View Post
    My Ne humor involves linking strings of odd random things together-things that SHOULD NOT be linked-then laughing because I know they are totally broken. Ne goes "yippie!" My judging functions decline to comment. (Please refer to the "chicken topology" thread in the graveyard. It is the ultimate Ne joke)

    ENFPs have a knack for coming up with total crazy things because, unlike the ENTPs, we dont really have Ti to keep us logical. We make ENTPs laugh, because we seem to be insane.

    Ni Humor is totally weird.

    My INTJ boyfriend loves puns. At first they werent funny at all. But once I realized that he thought they were funny, knowing I didnt think they were funny, it morphed into a giant Ne joke. The fact that we have a relationship embedded with silly puns strung out and connected Ne style has turned his Ni puns into a giant Ne connected joke. So now I think his puns are funny because they remind me of all his other silly puns and then I just feel sweet Fi love.

    My INTJ toddler and the INTJ boyfriend do have this game that they play involving Ni context shifts. My toddler thinks it is HYSTERICAL. The toddler points to an obvious body part-say an ear. Then he says "That's a CAR!!!". Then they both burst out laughing. I just stare at them....They go on and on and on....It actually causes an odd cognitive dissonance in me, as an ear is an ear...Si, go figure...

    The toddler also has decided that bad words are not specific words like "shit", "damn" and "f*ck"... but are actual words used in a certain context or way. I have tried to get him to explain this to me...certain words are bad, due to an odd combination of the word and the way the word was actually used. So car isnt bad normally, but becomes bad if you yell it after dropping something. Shit isnt bad normally, but is bad if you say it in frustration. This may explain why he keeps talking quite happily about loading rocks in the "f*cking truck". Ah, the toddler years....

  6. #176
    Senior Member Ribonuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    MBTI
    esTP
    Enneagram
    845 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti
    Posts
    257

    Default

    My dad observed the other day that a lot of my humor is based on people's reactions to absurd things rather than the absurd things themselves.

    For instance, say someone takes a video of a certain prank, like turning carpet protectors over so that the little plastic spikes are turned upwards and then making people walk over it. One of the women who walked over it, after crying out in surprise and pain, yelled out "YOU DID IT AGAIN, YOU DIRTY DOG!!" And I just found that HILARIOUS.

  7. #177
    Professional Trickster Esoteric Wench's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Posts
    950

    Default

    I haven't read this whole thread yet, but I thought the topic interesting so I'm just jumping in.

    I don't think Ni humor is that different for Ne humor. I've always thought that N-dominant types (whether Ne or Ni dominant) had a lot more in common when it comes to sense of humor than say an Ne dominant (such as ENFP) and an Ne auxilliary (such as an INFP).

    It'd be cool if someone did a scientific study on this to see if my theory was true.

    In other words, I'm far more likely to laugh at the same things with an INFJ (who is N dom like me) than with an INFP (who shares my Ne but has it in the auxiliary position.)
    ENFP with kick*ss Te | 7w8 so | ♀

  8. #178
    Sweet Ocean Cloud SD45T-2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sp
    Posts
    2,758

    Default

    I think this is Ni:

    "In the year 2054, the entire defence budget will purchase just one aircraft. This aircraft will have to be shared by the Air Force and Navy 3½ days each per week except for leap year, when it will be made available to the Marines for the extra day." - Norm Augustine
    1w2-6w5-3w2 so/sp

    "I took one those personality tests. It came back negative." - Dan Mintz

  9. #179
    Senior Member UniqueMixture's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp
    Posts
    3,038

    Default

    To me Ne humor is all about allusions, hyperbole, surprise, and paradox. Ni humor is more about parody, reframing, and ambiguity.
    Likes bundleofsunshine liked this post

  10. #180
    Senior Member Kurt.Is.God's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4W5 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    230

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Orobas View Post
    My Ne humor involves linking strings of odd random things together-things that SHOULD NOT be linked-then laughing because I know they are totally broken. Ne goes "yippie!" My judging functions decline to comment. (Please refer to the "chicken topology" thread in the graveyard. It is the ultimate Ne joke)

    ENFPs have a knack for coming up with total crazy things because, unlike the ENTPs, we dont really have Ti to keep us logical. We make ENTPs laugh, because we seem to be insane.
    This also describes my humor perfectly. I actually think Ne humor comes from subverting expectations. I laugh when a joke throws me off. The funniest jokes are often the ones that sound like they mean something but really don't at all. Self-referential humor. Humor that draws attention to its style of humor. It's pretty postmodern.

    I can't make any comments about Ni humor. The one INTJ I knew loved drawing satire out to the point of ridiculousness.

Similar Threads

  1. Video: Introverted Intuition vs Extraverted Intuition (Ni vs Ne)
    By highlander in forum Typology Videos and RSS Feeds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-29-2014, 11:47 PM
  2. Si vs Se / Ni vs Ne
    By Ribonuke in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-13-2013, 12:30 PM
  3. Ni vs Ne Explained!
    By Doctorjuice in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-18-2012, 07:05 AM
  4. Ni vs. Ne communication
    By King sns in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 87
    Last Post: 12-10-2011, 06:32 AM
  5. [JCF] Detemine Function Questions: Ni vs. Ne
    By TacEight in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 10-20-2010, 05:26 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO