• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Wizard of Oz and Temperament

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
For some reason, I keep coming back to this mentally when trying to picture the four temperaments. These archetypes of striving and non-being.

Dorothy: SJ without reliable authorities or institutions. Seeks to go home where things are familiar.

Scarecrow: NT without a brain (a "strawman" argument). Seeks to be granted intelligence.

Tin Man: NF without a heart (it's obvious -- made of metal and heartless). Seeks to be granted compassion.

Lion: SP without boldness (the image of a "paper tiger"). Seeks to be granted courage.

Why would I claim that the characters seeking these qualities represent the archetypes most clearly? Well, would we not be most conscious of what we're trying to be, rather than how we are? Who seeks what they already have?

And think about it, look at what our ego is trying to do with it.

NT: I analyze things carefully and avoid bias. (Could a stupid/dishonest person do that? See, I must be more than that.)

NF: I behave compassionately and try to better humanity (Could a heartless/insensitive person do that? See, I must be more than that.)

SJ: I maintain stability and follow the rules. (Could a belligerent/unreliable person do that? See, I must be more than that.)

SP: I seize the moment and appreciate life. (Could a boring/timid person do that? See, I must be more than that.)

So basically, it's likely that however we consciously try to be, is compensation for whatever we aren't unconsciously.