First 2345 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    For me, it's like a hobby. It's entertaining and thought-provoking. I type friends/family/celebs for fun, but it's not like it changes my impression of them. They are still the same people they always were. It's really funny to see my interaction with them in retrospect after figuring out their type too. I also find it interesting to make the connection between two people who give me the same "vibe" but are also very different (oooh, they are both ESFPs!).

I also think it is useful in the sense that it can help you to see that not everyone has the same thought process as you. I mean, I knew that to begin with, but grasping cognitive functions really explains the differences. I view the types as caricatures and generalizations of how the functions often work together, not as fully accurate descriptions of individuals.

It's comforting for me to know my own type and know that I am not an alien, and to help me see my strengths (which is something I often don't see) and my weaknesses in a more objective way.

I think people who are offended by MBTI and by people making generalizations based on it actually take MBTI more seriously. I think the generalizations mostly open up productive discussion and broaden people's views on types. When you understand the thought process behind certain behavior, it can make it less annoying or offensive. You get a glimpse of where other people are coming from.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    That's nothing compared to my altar!

I've got four huge, multi-tiered ziggurats with about 16 layers representing each of them, built of bricks made from diamond, emerald, marble, and sapphire respectively, and the bricks are held together with gold. The entire complex takes up a square mile. Further, there are walkways connecting all four of them, and a platform in the middle with an altar that looks like a replica of the Parthenon with a pit in the center, where we ritually sacrifice 10 virgins daily to each of the four gods! We also create effigies of each of the four gods each day, and burn them on top of their respective pyramids (as an honor, of course). There are also smaller golden altars on each of the pyramids for voluntary sacrifices to win the favor of the gods.

And they tell me it's not a cult.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

[URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

Im ah so serious about it.
    Dead serious.
    Haha.

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzcrossed View Post
    I really think that when we teach people about the MBTI, we should start with teaching about the cognitive functions; the 16 "markers" or "categories" are simply points on a line graph of personality and many people fall between them. I believe the index would be taken much more seriously if we more closely examine the parts that make up the whole rather than the whole broken down into parts. Or maybe that's my inner Ni talking...
    Especially if we add a time scale and see the how we change and who we are around, that would make it a much more dynamic syatem, but isnt that what socionics is trying to do with type relationships and how they interact. All they need to do is take it one step further and give a psuedo type that each type acts like when they around other certain types.

MBTI
    I

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    For me, it's like a hobby. It's entertaining and thought-provoking. I type friends/family/celebs for fun, but it's not like it changes my impression of them. They are still the same people they always were. It's really funny to see my interaction with them in retrospect after figuring out their type too. I also find it interesting to make the connection between two people who give me the same "vibe" but are also very different (oooh, they are both ESFPs!).

I also think it is useful in the sense that it can help you to see that not everyone has the same thought process as you. I mean, I knew that to begin with, but grasping cognitive functions really explains the differences. I view the types as caricatures and generalizations of how the functions often work together, not as fully accurate descriptions of individuals.

It's comforting for me to know my own type and know that I am not an alien, and to help me see my strengths (which is something I often don't see) and my weaknesses in a more objective way.

I think people who are offended by MBTI and by people making generalizations based on it actually take MBTI more seriously. I think the generalizations mostly open up productive discussion and broaden people's views on types. When you understand the thought process behind certain behavior, it can make it less annoying or offensive. You get a glimpse of where other people are coming from.
    This.
    That^^.

Senior Member iamathousandapples's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    ILI

That's nothing compared to my altar!

I've got four huge, multi-tiered ziggurats with about 16 layers representing each of them, built of bricks made from diamond, emerald, marble, and sapphire respectively, and the bricks are held together with gold. The entire complex takes up a square mile. Further, there are walkways connecting all four of them, and a platform in the middle with an altar that looks like a replica of the Parthenon with a pit in the center, where we ritually sacrifice 10 virgins daily to each of the four gods! We also create effigies of each of the four gods each day, and burn them on top of their respective pyramids (as an honor, of course). There are also smaller golden altars on each of the pyramids for voluntary sacrifices to win the favor of the gods.

I was wondering when you would get the parthenon expansion, sadly I have less to work with, but I'm sure the gods will understand .

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    And they tell me it's not a cult.
    If it is a cult (which I deny), let's just say I'm not so much a follower as a leader, if you know what I mean.

You know, cults of followers that you can manipulate with signs from the thing they believe in can be useful... you shouldn't be so quick to condemn them.

If it is a cult (which I deny), let's just say I'm not so much a follower as a leader, if you know what I mean.
    I'll follow you to the ends of the personality.

MBTI
    infp

Not very... I used to take it more seriously but then I realized it was a huge joke to take this seriously because its so loosely defined and everything... theres just no way to seriously apply this stuff in any consistent way.