User Tag List

First 12

PEST that STEPs on PETS stellar renegade's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTP

Nice, Fuzzcrossed.

I actually wouldn't mind LARPing as much, haha. Even though that's supposed to be way more incredibly nerdy, it would be something I could wrap my mind around better. Even better if you used collapsible swords.

I mean, I could play D&D and imagine it a little, but I always suck at visualizing it perfectly. Same thing when I'm reading books and trying to visualize scenery. The descriptions confuse me because I'll be thinking of it one way and then a later description will totally mess that visualization up.

Oh well. I got mistyped as an N a long time ago, but glad I know better now.
    -stellar renegade
    coo-oo-ooool this madness down,
    stop it right on tiiiiime!

Badass Promoter ESTPs:
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

PEST that STEPs on PETS stellar renegade's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTP

Quote Originally Posted by Gloriana View Post
    Only time I tried playing a role playing game it was some D&D knock-off (can't remember the name) and I got kicked out of the circle because I wanted to build a crack house in the enchanted forest and create "Wizard Pimps".

RPG players think I'm an asshole.
    Nice!

Quote Originally Posted by FlamingMask View Post
    Most Ss I've had the fortune to play any rules-heavy game with don't seem to be in favor of looking for loopholes or manipulating the rule set. In fact, they often refuse to alter the rules altogether for any reason.

[Ex: I was playing Monopoly and we read all the rules beforehand. I was in favor of "having different rules as long as we agree with them before the game starts and are consistent in following them." The Ss completely rejected that idea with the argument: "But those are the rules! If you don't follow them, you're not playing Monopoly! Then you're playing something else!"]

Now, I didn't mean to imply that Monopoly is as serious business as D&D. But that is a situation I've encountered several times with Ss. It's possible they were SJs though, so I might just be explaining why SJs don't play.

By the way, is this the most popular smiley for describing SJs?
    I have no problem with changing an established rule as long as it's clear what's being changed. Otherwise you don't really know what you're doing because there's no consistency. Like Calvinball, except I would actually love that game because of the constant activity.

I'm pretty good at finding loopholes since I take things literally and if it's not specifically outlined against, I will do it. haha.
    -stellar renegade
    coo-oo-ooool this madness down,
    stop it right on tiiiiime!

Badass Promoter ESTPs:
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I definitely can project myself into a character and view it in context of the world I am playing in but didn't really feel comfortable acting things out, I'd still generally have some detachment from my characters.
    My experience is this sort of thing depends on the group you are playing with. I'm very comfortable acting things out (I minored in Theatre), and an INTP friend of mine is most interested in developing the game's story (other than say game mechanics or puzzle solving or whatever). Between the two of us we encouraged/berated the other players to engage the game more. I've played with other groups though and I've found this sort of thing is pretty rare.

To me the big difference is when a person truly starts speaking in character. Example:
    GM: A butler greets you at the door. "Good evening."
    Player 1: "Good evening."
    Player 2: I say, "Good evening."

When a person consistently speaks in the player 1 style instead of the player 2 style, they really seem to have set aside inhibitions and truly engaged the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Gloriana View Post
    Only time I tried playing a role playing game it was some D&D knock-off (can't remember the name) and I got kicked out of the circle because I wanted to build a crack house in the enchanted forest and create "Wizard Pimps".

RPG players think I'm an asshole.
    Lol, that's awesome! You would have fit right in with my old group. We were more about telling stories with our imaginations, than we were about doing some kind of tactical simulation. And yes sometimes those things were pretty warped, lol. (In one game I GM'ed a player's paladin got raped by an ogre. I didn't plan for it to turn out that way, but that's what spun up on the big wheel for the Underdark gameshow.)
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    INxJ

I have no idea, but I love D&D.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

I need to find a D&D group around me.