• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Don't let

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
The fundamental misunderstanding of duals... it hurts.

G

garbage

I personally think a dual could also be someone who is "N" as well...I'm not surprised when I hear ENFPS really liking INTPS. Or ESTPs with ISFPs.

Doesn't this completely fly in the face of your OP's definition of what a dual is supposed to be

What if others' definition of a dual is the Kiersey way of defining a match? How much can one deviate from the Socionics definition before it's "wrong"?

redacted

It's not that I don't like ESFPs, it's just that I don't usually end up having the conversations that I want with them.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's not that I don't like ESFPs, it's just that I don't usually end up having the conversations that I want with them.

Whatever. Just because I won't let you have your intellectual way with me, doesn't mean that i'm a bitch.
You INTP's, all you want is conversation.. always thinking with your brain and not with your head.

redacted

Whatever. Just because I won't let you have your intellectual way with me, doesn't mean that i'm a bitch.
You INTP's, all you want is conversation.. always thinking with your brain and not with your head.

I never said I even dislike ESFPs..I tend to have a lot of fun with them; they pull me out of my introverted thought looping bullshit. But sometimes it's frustrating to try to communicate the things I've been thinking about with them. That's all.

I have a real close ESFP friend right now, and I really appreciate her. I just couldn't imagine being BFFs (or being emotionally intimate) with that kind of thinker.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
:doh:

joke fail on my part.

valmc

MBTI Type
ISF*
Enneagram
5 sx
Dare to step outside the lines.

These only demonstrate your temperament, not your core values, morals and personal belief systems. With age and experience, people grow. I have a very good relationship with my partner. He is INFJ-1 and he demonstrates a lot of 5. I am ISF*-5 and I demonstrate a lot of 1. And yet we have wrapped our lives around each other so closely with love and mutual respect. We ARE one heart together. I don't care what all of these things tell us, they are simply tools to better understand ourselves and others, to improve our relationships across the board. Do not limit yourselves based on theories, rather, reach for your dreams and be the very best person you can. In doing so, you will have opened countless possibilities.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've been in serious relationships with 2 INTP's

They both seemed really really whiney to me. They are both quite uptight and have some anxiety issues. I'm still friends with one of them and we get along okay as friends. One was a little too passive. The one that i'm still friends with is not very intelligent. (Unintelligent INTP is a really annoying mix.) They are both pretty fun to hang around with and the fairly smart one was pretty interesting. Both quite loving and affectionate.

Are they my dual? I don't know. Maybe if I found a healthy one..I seem to get along a little better with ENTP males but have never dated one..

redacted

These only demonstrate your temperament, not your core values, morals and personal belief systems. With age and experience, people grow. I have a very good relationship with my partner. He is INFJ-1 and he demonstrates a lot of 5. I am ISF*-5 and I demonstrate a lot of 1. And yet we have wrapped our lives around each other so closely with love and mutual respect. We ARE one heart together. I don't care what all of these things tell us, they are simply tools to better understand ourselves and others, to improve our relationships across the board. Do not limit yourselves based on theories, rather, reach for your dreams and be the very best person you can. In doing so, you will have opened countless possibilities.

Completely agree, I think most people are on the same page about this.

Lethe

Obsession.
MBTI Type
iNtJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Socionics: INTp

I'd say ESFJs are pretty nifty when they're balanced in other functions. It just so happens we easily fall outside each other's social radar that we don't notice the ESFJ/INTJ's presence until circumstances bring us together. Perhaps someone else has been luckier.

MBTI: INTJ

I could see myself in a relationship with an ESFP. Yet again, I ask for balance.

The talk about your second letter staying the same, and all other 3 letters different(ex INTJ-ENFP) is wrong. INTJS and ENFPS are more less likely to get along.

I know my soulmates, BFFs, etc. are the ENFPs. ;) With the exception of planning, it takes almost no effort to stick together as a team.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I've always had a close INTJ around somewhere pretty much my whole life.

ISTP? I guess I need to find myself a friend so I can compare?

valmc

MBTI Type
ISF*
Enneagram
5 sx
INTP, and my experience

I've been in serious relationships with 2 INTP's

I was in a long term relationship with an INTP-9. He did not display too much of a sense of humor, but enjoyed others sense of humor quite a lot. I am still very good friends with him to this day. He is very dependable and someone you can always count on to do the right thing and be a stand up sorta fellow. If given a little push, he will be a leader, but always a joiner if there is fun to be had. He is not afraid to try new things, but may not come up with the idea on his own. He is by no means unintelligent, but I have to admit, he is quite often in his own reality. When given a job, he will complete it without fail. Things that interest him, he is very knowledgeable about. He plans ahead, is very good with his finances, a very good provider, you will rarely find him at loose ends. Very steady, very stable, not over exciting, but a very good person and one I want in my corner when things are not going my way! He is a person that you MUST take the lead when it comes to affection and personal time in order to have your needs met. He is very willing to meet those needs once he is aware of them, but will rarely take the initiative on his own. I hope this helps you.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I like ISTPs...:)