• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Don't let

Unique

My best friend IRL is an ENFP (mbti)

And yes while this is a socionics theory the socionics types do match up fairly well with the MBTI types bar a few differences, function order etc. I'm an ISTP in both. Some people however change completely, though if they were boarder line in MBTI they are usually sure of it in socionics

It may seem at first that your duel wouldn't work but you actually complement each other really well

On the forum here there is a lot of talk about N-N relations, IRL though I haven't seen as many working, in theory yes but in action?

Nothing fails faster than two Ns lost in their minds and not contributing that concrete practical need of the relationship and vice versa with two Ss that seem to get "stuck in a rut" and the relationship becomes very boring

The SJ/SP pairing is ridiculous as the temperaments have basically opposing attitudes

The most important letter for a relationship to work is J/P yeah you could argue that an N or S might misunderstand each other from time to time but at the end of the day if you are both Ps you have the same methods and won't be jumping down each others throats because the dishes weren't done by 8

My ENFP friend gives me valuable insight into possible outcomes and we often help each other out in really amazing ways

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
This is from Please Understand Me II:

I disagree with this theory. While I know some NTs I like, I find that many of them DON'T understand me at all despite the similarity of the N. In fact, I sometimes get the sense that NT men are talking down to me because I'm an F and not a T.

My longest adult relationship was with an SP. It didn't end because he's an S. It ended for various reasons, but mostly because he has an anger problem which is something that can span across the 16 types.

So, my point is, I don't think that NF-NT is necessarily the best match, or NF-SP is doomed. Or any of those other options.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
On the forum here there is a lot of talk about N-N relations, IRL though I haven't seen as many working, in theory yes but in action?

Nothing fails faster than two Ns lost in their minds and not contributing that concrete practical need of the relationship and vice versa with two Ss that seem to get "stuck in a rut" and the relationship becomes very boring

The SJ/SP pairing is ridiculous as the temperaments have basically opposing attitudes

The most important letter for a relationship to work is J/P yeah you could argue that an N or S might misunderstand each other from time to time but at the end of the day if you are both Ps you have the same methods and won't be jumping down each others throats because the dishes weren't done by 8

this is kinda my thinking too, but i'm pretty limited in my experiences since i still haven't typed most of the people in my life/past friends, etc.

i know romantically i am drawn to istp.

but estj? i'll have to watch the forum for some.....not sure if i even know any.

another j? i dunno. i'm enough j for two people honestly. i like my husband's pness :cheese: just fine. keeps me a bit more go-with-the-flow than i might naturally be, and i don't think it causes us too many heavy problems. planning vacations is a pain in the ass however. we've met in the middle pretty well, with me getting my way a bit more, i suppose. but i repay him in other ways that fuel his Ti or Se.