User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Thread: Don't let

MBTI
    ENTP

I wonder if the type differences related to peoples preference of how much they want to work at thier relationship.

I suspect I need to go out with either an NT or NF - because thats the easier plane for me to relate too - I don't have to work too hard to be understood, but am better with an IJ type. If someone is very I or very J it would probably drive me nuts. I'm pretty strong P so a J type would balance my lack of planning, and lets face it I types don't interupt too much .... if they are too I they would probably drive me nuts because they are too quiet.

I recently tried online dating, I met an INTJ - who had promise but he came on messenger and basically just asked question, if I asked him anything he would go all quiet - I ended up wanting to give him a shake and ask him to contribute somthing.... LOL - its never easy..

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    I wonder if the type differences related to peoples preference of how much they want to work at thier relationship.
    Well, any type combo can have a successful and healthy relationship, and I think it certainly has a lot to do with what you've mentioned here. Obviously the more differences there are, the more work necessary to reconcile them.
    Function Activity:
    Ni > Te > Ti = Fi > Ne > Si = Fe > Se

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Moved from NT Rationale.

garbage

OP: do you have any experiences with your dual?

Regardless, I'm inclined to agree in general. At least, it's applied pretty well to me. I just plain can't handle a strong Judging/rationality preference at all, let alone as a quality in a soulmate. Sorry, but I can't imagine being with someone who would make me want to stab myself repeatedly.

I think ISTP is a great match for me. And my sis is ISFP dating ENTP, works great.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by greed View Post

Regardless, I'm inclined to agree in general. At least, it's applied pretty well to me. I just plain can't handle a strong Judging/rationality preference at all, let alone as a quality in a soulmate. Sorry, but I can't imagine being with someone who would make me want to stab myself repeatedly.

no? haha

um...yeah me either.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by greed View Post
    If he hasn't then he needs to. Duality is an amazing relationship. ENTJs are some of the most gratifying people I've talked to and interacted with.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by stellar renegade View Post
    This is from Please Understand Me II:
    The thing is that I can actually relate alot to NFP types, but ask anyone that knows me and I am ST through and through and very P. We are so different on the surface. Its not an instant click with ENFPs. Its more of a gradual opening up and requires one-on-one interaction so both of you feel comfortable enough to open up. Its more of a psychological closeness which means you gradually let your guard down and your inner person comes out. Its a breaking down the stereotype that you have built up. The difference between conflict and dual is J vs P. Our conflictor seems to be attracted to us. They can do what we wish we could. But after some time we realize that what we wish we could do that the other person is good at finally rears the negative of that trait and it turns on us. It destroys us because we cant deal with that part because its our weakness. Duals have similiar weaknesses as you which allows that psychological closeness. After some time you realize they make it through life using a completely different set of traits than you. They can achieve the same things as there J counter part but in different ways and you dont have to suffer the emotional swing that comes with the other persons strength lining up with your weakness. You still get frustrated, but the argument or discussions dont escalate near as much because it is a much better match in how we argue and fight.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    I don't think ISFJ males like me at all. And I believe the feeling is mutual. Even if I was a P, I don't see sfps and myself getting along either. Look at Jeffster and I, who were civil in vent but mutually and respectfully muted.

First off, isnt he isfp? I think he's neat in any case. He's such a Texas good ol'boy that it makes me homesick just readin his posts haha. He did turn me down for that whale heist that one time tho....
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth

PEST that STEPs on PETS stellar renegade's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTP

She diverged into talk about SFPs.
    -stellar renegade
    coo-oo-ooool this madness down,
    stop it right on tiiiiime!

Badass Promoter ESTPs:
    [sigpic][/sigpic]