User Tag List

View Poll Results: How did you find your type?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • Looking at each of the 4 MBTI categories step-by-step

25 36.76%
  • Looking at the cognitive functions

23 33.82%
  • Reading descriptions of the 16 types online

28 41.18%
  • Taking online tests

48 70.59%
  • Socionics

6 8.82%
  • Someone on TypoC told you your type

4 5.88%
  • Someone you know told you your type

3 4.41%
  • Other (mention how)

16 23.53%
Multiple Choice Poll.
First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

A grad student in psychology who was interested in it tested me.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    451 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp Ni

I first thought I was an INTP, and so I joined a forum for that type. Over the course of my stay there it became obvious, however, that there was something different about us; I had an abnormal number of conflicts with them, and I didn't seem to process things in quite the way they did. At some point I took a cognitive processes test, and I saw that I had much stronger Fi than an INTP is supposed to have (it was right up there with Ti). So I changed my type to INXP, which was meant to be a hybrid between the two types. As the differences between myself and INTPs grew more apparent, however, and since Ti is a process I only developed recently in life, I decided to change the X to an F. For awhile I also considered the possibility of INFJ for my type, since I have strong NiTi and people and tests often suggest a J for me. Ultimately, though, I decided on INFP, since I'm an individualist whose values fly against society's and because, unlike most Js, I often lack motivation and decisiveness.
    [ Ni > Ti > Fe > Fi > Ne > Te > Si > Se ][ 4w5 sp/sx ][ RLOAI ][ IEI-Ni ]

MBTI
    INTJ

I just looked at the poll results and it seems like a lot of people didn't even bother taking the test.
    Reminds me of the fact how a lot of people just read through type descriptions, pick the "coolest" one and declare it as their type, resulting in a lot of "type confusion".
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

I begged the question on ask.com

I said "Dear World, what is my type?"
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

I took different tests
    and got a few different answers, but usually one of the sfp's.
    Then I read the type descriptions of the results that I was getting and picked one.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    I just looked at the poll results and it seems like a lot of people didn't even bother taking the test.
    Reminds me of the fact how a lot of people just read through type descriptions, pick the "coolest" one and declare it as their type, resulting in a lot of "type confusion".
    One thing I've discovered is that there is no one test that will give 100% correct results for everyone - especially online. Even when a professional administers the test, they still expect you to use your own self-knowledge to verify the results.

I share your frustration concerning type confusion. People need to take time to study it. They think it's as easy as taking a little online test, but it's not. The results still need to be confirmed.

heart on fire

I took the long version of the test at college. Came out 90 percent in I, 90 percent in N, but 50-50 in both the T-F and the J-P.

So counselor says this is a "weakness" of mine and I need to pick whichever way I want to be and go with it.

Well I don't think I am a thinker because I am so poor with math and who the heck wouldn't want to be more organized? So I went at first with J.

MUCH Later when I visit these type boards and learn more about cognitive functions.
    I realized what the real differences between Fe and Fi were and what Ne is and I took a cognitive functions test then I decided I was INFP and then no more question.

And who the hell was I kidding? I've never been organized.

MBTI
    entp

work made me do it...i was like 'oh ok' then didnt bother for about 2 yrs. then wierd shit started happening...i got everything the prof said or the book was trying to tell me but i just barely passed. so through sefl-examination i started wondering about myself and learning skills when i remembered the long freakin test i took a few years ago. that was about 8 months ago

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

I saw it written in the clouds.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

I started out with the APS (see signature), and was introduced to the Keirsey Sorter II online by a friend. Both my wife and I tested as ENFJ, which sounded somewhat like her, but was way off for me. I saw that the KTS used the four MBTI dichotomies, which I had seen years before, but had never looked into. So now, I was determined to see how MBTI corresponded with APS, and from there figure a type.
    I of course looked at descriptions of all the types, but none seemed like perfect fits, and several had traits I could identify with. I realized the dangers of a Forer effect (which I had never even heard of yet, but I knew that any person might be able to identify with descriptions of any type). Just going by dichotomy descriptions, it did seem like a good bet I was N and P, and figured I had to correspond the two systems, if possible, to find the best type.

Already, you had I/E, which sounded like a match for FIRO/APS' "expressed Inclusion" (eI). I had low eI, so figured I must be an Introvert, though Supine is said to have extroverted qualities, so I kept that in mind as well. Both T/F and J/P seemed like good matches for the other dimension known as "responsive" (wanted) behavior. Then, I had to figure how S/N corresponded.

I soon learn about the Interaction Styles, which I determined matched Inclusion, and that the Keirsey temperaments matched the other area of Control. That suggested (INP=Supine) + (NT=Choleric) = INTP, which turned out to fit well, especially from Paul James' description.
    From there, as I learned more about the cognitive dynamics (which as we see can often be ambiguous), which raised some questions at times, so it became a matter of ironing out the best interpretation of them. But overall, this all seems to have worked out.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas