User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    ISFJ

As an interesting aside, how many people on this forum do you think have attempted (at least somewhat) to get a positive outcome from their inferior function? Do you believe this is possible? If so, is it worth attempting?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6

I have absolutely zero desire to develop/utilize my inferior Si. I think Si is the biggest bullshit function for me (that's not meant to be offensive to Si users). I wouldn't even know how to develop my Si honestly. I don't remember things, and I don't know how to take my past experiences and apply them to my current ones. I also think that doing this completely gets in the way of my new ideas, and I derive the most enjoyment out of formulating novel concepts and fueling my creativity. If I rely too much on referring to Si when I need to solve a problem, then that leaves no room for formulating my own unique solutions. Si is essentially an Ne jailhouse.

I won't go so far as to admit that there would be absolutely "nothing to gain" from my inferior Si though. It'd be great if I had the kind of capacity for remembering nitty-gritty details that Si users possess. I'd probably make a lot more A's on tests, and I'd probably be able to apply a database of information in a lot of areas of my life, and I can see the theoretical utility in that. However, I think I just use my other functions to get the kind of tasks done for which Si would normally be useful, so I don't see any direct need for it; it's just ancillary. Errr, at least I keep telling myself that...

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Socionics
    ENFj

"EFJ: There is nothing to gain from knowing the truth, it would jeopardize my standing in society." (Inferior Ti)"

I totally believe in knowing the truth. Knowing the truth will always make things easier in the end, but I'll admit it is very hard for me to express my true feelings to people sometimes. In that way this quote is true for me.

Now I am working of developing this function as I do believe the truth is ultimatley the best solution to solve problems.

You know Ti being summoned by Fe.

MBTI
    ENTP

I'm quite okay with Si, actually.
    It's my Te that needs working on!

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Quote Originally Posted by incubustribute View Post
    As an interesting aside, how many people on this forum do you think have attempted (at least somewhat) to get a positive outcome from their inferior function? Do you believe this is possible? If so, is it worth attempting?
    I've never tried to develop my inferior Si because I'm too immature and proud to admit that it's really worth anything to me yet. I'm getting there though. I definitely see why it *might* be beneficial, but I've yet to really make an attempt at reaping these benefits. I can see somewhere down the road wanting to settle down and do the "traditional" thing...start a family, focus on a career, buy a house, etc. etc., but I've got to get all the Ne-induced desire for fun and new experiences out of the way first. When the Ne stream starts running dry, I'll refill it with a little Si probably

I'm not implying that Si=boring and Ne=fun, but merely that Ne is my way of fueling my own personal fun, and Si will probably start diluting that fuel as I grow older.

It'd be cool to develop Si for other reasons too. I'd love to pick up on and recall fine details. I definitely see the benefit in that, but I'm not sure if I know how to go about enhancing these skills. They are just so unnatural to me.

"We must also remain aware of the fact that the 'inferior' function of an individual may be experienced with intensity and frequency,
    and might thus be mistaken for the individual's 'superior' (or 'primary' function)."

Source:
    The Enneagram and the MBTI: In Search of Common Ground, Part 3

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by incubustribute View Post
    I think it is both possible and worth doing. I have quite good self awareness, or so i believe. I suspect that trait is common to many introverts, as we spend more time looking inwards.

I've been aware of the call of my inferior Se long before I'd heard of MBTI (I always thought of it as my animal side). My intemperate, instinctual side does not shock me, even as I fail to control it. Hell, I've even cultivated it at times so that I can bring it to the fore when needed. I can't say that it's got any more sophisticated, but I've often felt the need to commune with that Animal. He is a useful friend when doing any hard, physical task 'cause he is better at it then the rest of me.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

I think picking up small details is more Se rather than Si. I don't pick up fine details that well but I remember vividly the general ideas I take from stuff. To me Si is more of remembering your specific interpretation of an event. Si keeps track of what you learn. I think that Si and Ti combined are probably what makes me try to learn from myself as a model. The Si takes my thoughts/experiences/feelings into account.

I think if you view Si in this manner it will seem more realistic that you may develop it.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by justxher View Post
    Oh yeah mine is so accurate!
    accurate for me as well.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by VagrantFarce View Post
    Does any of this feel accurate?
    Let's see...

[edit]I should add that these are meant to be immature positions to take.
    Thanks for that clarification.

IFP: "There is nothing to gain from working toward what I want, I
    don't want to assert myself and potentially tread on anyone's toes." (inferior Te)
    One of my best friends. Spot on!

INJ: "There is nothing to gain from negotiating with how things are, it is inherently inferior to what I envision." (inferior Se)
    My brother (INTJ) and my wife (INF), yes, totally.

ESP: "There is nothing to gain from my imagination, reality packs a far greater punch." (inferior Ni)
    Denied. Both me (ESTP) and a best friend of mine (ESFP) are both ridiculously imaginative.

ETJ: "There is nothing to gain from knowing how I or other people feel, I know what I want and I'm going to get it." (Inferior Fi)
    My awesome Father, Guardian Overlord Extraordinaire!

EFJ: There is nothing to gain from knowing the truth, it would jeopardize my standing in society." (Inferior Ti)
    My Father-In-Law! :horor:
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro