• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

J/P and anger

Malcontent

MBTI Type
abcd
Is anger issue related with J and P preference or not?
I am talking especially about feeling a lot of anger inside.
Maybe a perceiver is more tolerant of others and things in general and he has less anger and goes with the flow?
thanks.

Cenomite

Systematic chaos
MBTI Type
ENTP
I'm pretty tolerant of others, but I have some minor anger management issues about general frustrations :devil:.

You might be able to say that situational anger is partly dependent on J/P, but it might be a stretch.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Thinking about it briefly, I have a hunch that anger usually gets triggered when the Judging function is crossed.

For Perceivers, the judging function is internalized. it's also more conceptual in nature... it's about principles, not rules.

J types seem to get more pissed when someone doesn't follow the rules -- Fe, when someone is rude, Te, when someone does stupid impractical things that create chaos.

The P types might flex more outwardly but inside the principles (Ti/Fi) can get crossed and anger might be harbored.

Still, anger's more a hodgepodge, it spills over and can't be attributed solely to a particular function. The bottom line is that extroverts are probably more like to SHOW their anger than introverts.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Yeah, I think you may be on to something here. I have noticed that at least in my experience, the J's I know get more angry than the P's I know. Not necessarily emotional, but angry. The FJ's will get more emotional (likely because of Fe), whereas the TJ's will get more annoyed and enraged (likely because of Te). The P's I know are harder to provoke and make angry.

Trefle

MBTI Type
INFJ
I think when my Judging functions were working, there were more emotions involved rather than when my Perceiving functions were..

Judging in general seems to be more emotional, and thus susceptible to anger (like, "this guy's cheating", "you lied to me") rather than perceiving, which mostly is simply seeing what happens or is there.

Malcontent

MBTI Type
abcd
Thank you for your input!
I suspected, for my experience, that J types are more prone to anger than P when something goes wrong.

wren

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
I've never heard mbti address anger much in the descriptions of the types. But I get angry so that I need to take a breath and calm down. Everything feels so obstructive to me at times! No matter what I do my actions are thwarted, I have to spend inordinate amounts of time fixing all the screwups that come my way, of not my own fault btw. Irks me to no end. Why can't things run smoothly for once? Why not? Does everyone encounter these mishaps in life and I'm just blowing them out of proportion? Doesn't everyone live on a budget like me? Can't stand it. Maybe I'll go live in the woods. I seeth over telecommunication companies.

wren

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
and incapable techs who sniff gas leaks

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
I have noticed that at least in my experience, the J's I know get more angry than the P's I know. Not necessarily emotional, but angry. The FJ's will get more emotional (likely because of Fe), whereas the TJ's will get more annoyed and enraged (likely because of Te). The P's I know are harder to provoke and make angry.

Um, those are all emotions.

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
:yes: I think most of the Js I know are way more likely to get angry or be irritated. Ps are so much more go with the flow. All of my experience with them, and I still haven't been able to develop that, they just end up driving me crazy! Gah!

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I think maybe Js might come across as more frequently nit-picky or bitchy about some little detail, but I wouldn't go as far to say that they are more "angry."

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've pushed the buttons of Fe and Te, both of them react the same, Fe is certainly not any more emotional than Te, it's just about different issues. People that know me have realized that I am never angry, but when I am, I tend to show it in bursts, I'll go mental and throw, kick and chew things :laugh:, and it's usually because people are trying to force me to change or tell me what to do(<- I'm not entirely sure about that).

MBTI Type
INxJ
J types seem to get more pissed when someone doesn't follow the rules -- Te, when someone does stupid impractical things that create chaos.

Very few things piss me off, but that's one of them. My reaction will range from slight irritation to actual anger depending on how stupid the blunder is, and how much work will be needed to correct the situation. This only applies to what directly affects me.

OP:
Anger in general isn't related to J or P.

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
Is anger issue related with J and P preference or not?
I am talking especially about feeling a lot of anger inside.
Maybe a perceiver is more tolerant of others and things in general and he has less anger and goes with the flow?
thanks.
P is intolerant of frustration.
She tolerates a mishap, an error or a fault.

J is tolerant of frustration.
Therefore she does not tolerate a mishap, an error or a fault.

Anger is not about another.
It is about you.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
You have to make use of the anger and let it flow thru the veins. That way you can keep up the fighting :D

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
I do think, on average, Js get more angry.

Most angry <- ESTJ - ESFJ - ENTJ - ENFJ - ISTJ - ISFJ - INTJ - INFJ -> Least angry

I think it makes sense that Js would get annoyed and angered more often. When you set up plans, adhere to dates and standards, and focus on task-related action you are basically setting yourself up for a heart attack. ;)

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
I do think, on average, Js get more angry.

Most angry <- ESTJ - ESFJ - ENTJ - ENFJ - ISTJ - ISFJ - INTJ - INFJ -> Least angry

I think it makes sense that Js would get annoyed and angered more often. When you set up plans, adhere to dates and standards, and focus on task-related action you are basically setting yourself up for a heart attack. ;)

I think it was you who I pointed out to the other day from a website that:

ISTJ: "Overrepresented among men at risk for heart attack - more than 3.5 times the proportion in Myers' high school sample. "

from this site: Facts About the 16 Myers-Briggs

So yeah ISTJ's are an angry bunch sometimes, I guess.

I've pushed the buttons of Fe and Te, both of them react the same, Fe is certainly not any more emotional than Te, it's just about different issues.

No, I disagree. What I've found is that when you get push the buttons of these people, the high Te's will argue for the sake of proving their point, but the Fe's will get personal when they argue against you.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
P is intolerant of frustration.
She tolerates a mishap, an error or a fault.

J is tolerant of frustration.
Therefore she does not tolerate a mishap, an error or a fault.

Anger is not about another.
It is about you.

Frustration for me is focused internally at yourself, it is something you cant figure out. Anger is focused externally at someone, you are blaming someone for something they did that affected you or someone else.

P types are more likely to get frustrated trying to figure things out, It is the whole experience nature of P types.

J types are good at controlling a situation so when you screw something up or dont follow the rules it goes directly against what they are doing. They are more likely to get angry at you because you are screwing up there outcome.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm fairly tolerant overall but am known for randomized temper flares that cool off after about 30 seconds.

Normally to get me really angry a person has to be a habitual offender of a certain behavior that i've talked to them about in the past. (Sorry for all the verbage. I'm not sure how else to put it.)

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
I'm fairly tolerant overall but am known for randomized temper flares that cool off after about 30 seconds.

Normally to get me really angry a person has to be a habitual offender of a certain behavior that i've talked to them about in the past. (Sorry for all the verbage. I'm not sure how else to put it.)

+1.

I'm like the saucepan of milk, i will simmer but if i boil over, i will cause a slight mess. Then i calm down almost immediately.