User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: J/P and anger

MBTI
    abcd

Default J/P and anger

Is anger issue related with J and P preference or not?
    I am talking especially about feeling a lot of anger inside.
    Maybe a perceiver is more tolerant of others and things in general and he has less anger and goes with the flow?
    thanks.

MBTI
    ENTP

I'm pretty tolerant of others, but I have some minor anger management issues about general frustrations .

You might be able to say that situational anger is partly dependent on J/P, but it might be a stretch.
    The probability that I was procrastinating when I was typing this post:

P(have big assignment due) = 0.6
    P(posting on TypoC) = 0.2
    P(having big assignment due | posting on TypoC) = 0.7

P(posting on TypoC | having big assignment due) = .......

Eh, I'll finish it later.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Thinking about it briefly, I have a hunch that anger usually gets triggered when the Judging function is crossed.

For Perceivers, the judging function is internalized. it's also more conceptual in nature... it's about principles, not rules.

J types seem to get more pissed when someone doesn't follow the rules -- Fe, when someone is rude, Te, when someone does stupid impractical things that create chaos.

The P types might flex more outwardly but inside the principles (Ti/Fi) can get crossed and anger might be harbored.

Still, anger's more a hodgepodge, it spills over and can't be attributed solely to a particular function. The bottom line is that extroverts are probably more like to SHOW their anger than introverts.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    I

Yeah, I think you may be on to something here. I have noticed that at least in my experience, the J's I know get more angry than the P's I know. Not necessarily emotional, but angry. The FJ's will get more emotional (likely because of Fe), whereas the TJ's will get more annoyed and enraged (likely because of Te). The P's I know are harder to provoke and make angry.

MBTI
    INFJ

I think when my Judging functions were working, there were more emotions involved rather than when my Perceiving functions were..

Judging in general seems to be more emotional, and thus susceptible to anger (like, "this guy's cheating", "you lied to me") rather than perceiving, which mostly is simply seeing what happens or is there.

MBTI
    abcd

Thank you for your input!
    I suspected, for my experience, that J types are more prone to anger than P when something goes wrong.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram

I've never heard mbti address anger much in the descriptions of the types. But I get angry so that I need to take a breath and calm down. Everything feels so obstructive to me at times! No matter what I do my actions are thwarted, I have to spend inordinate amounts of time fixing all the screwups that come my way, of not my own fault btw. Irks me to no end. Why can't things run smoothly for once? Why not? Does everyone encounter these mishaps in life and I'm just blowing them out of proportion? Doesn't everyone live on a budget like me? Can't stand it. Maybe I'll go live in the woods. I seeth over telecommunication companies.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram

and incapable techs who sniff gas leaks

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne View Post
    I have noticed that at least in my experience, the J's I know get more angry than the P's I know. Not necessarily emotional, but angry. The FJ's will get more emotional (likely because of Fe), whereas the TJ's will get more annoyed and enraged (likely because of Te). The P's I know are harder to provoke and make angry.
    Um, those are all emotions.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram

I think most of the Js I know are way more likely to get angry or be irritated. Ps are so much more go with the flow. All of my experience with them, and I still haven't been able to develop that, they just end up driving me crazy! Gah!
    "There's no need to be embarrassed about it, Mr. Spock. It happens to the birds and the bees!"