Thread: J/P and anger

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I think maybe Js might come across as more frequently nit-picky or bitchy about some little detail, but I wouldn't go as far to say that they are more "angry."

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

I've pushed the buttons of Fe and Te, both of them react the same, Fe is certainly not any more emotional than Te, it's just about different issues. People that know me have realized that I am never angry, but when I am, I tend to show it in bursts, I'll go mental and throw, kick and chew things , and it's usually because people are trying to force me to change or tell me what to do(<- I'm not entirely sure about that).
    5 3 9

MBTI
    INxJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    J types seem to get more pissed when someone doesn't follow the rules -- Te, when someone does stupid impractical things that create chaos.
    Very few things piss me off, but that's one of them. My reaction will range from slight irritation to actual anger depending on how stupid the blunder is, and how much work will be needed to correct the situation. This only applies to what directly affects me.

OP:
    Anger in general isn't related to J or P.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Malcontent View Post
    Is anger issue related with J and P preference or not?
    I am talking especially about feeling a lot of anger inside.
    Maybe a perceiver is more tolerant of others and things in general and he has less anger and goes with the flow?
    thanks.
    P is intolerant of frustration.
    She tolerates a mishap, an error or a fault.

J is tolerant of frustration.
    Therefore she does not tolerate a mishap, an error or a fault.

Anger is not about another.
    It is about you.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

You have to make use of the anger and let it flow thru the veins. That way you can keep up the fighting
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

I do think, on average, Js get more angry.

Most angry <- ESTJ - ESFJ - ENTJ - ENFJ - ISTJ - ISFJ - INTJ - INFJ -> Least angry

I think it makes sense that Js would get annoyed and angered more often. When you set up plans, adhere to dates and standards, and focus on task-related action you are basically setting yourself up for a heart attack.

MBTI
    I

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    I do think, on average, Js get more angry.

Most angry <- ESTJ - ESFJ - ENTJ - ENFJ - ISTJ - ISFJ - INTJ - INFJ -> Least angry

I think it makes sense that Js would get annoyed and angered more often. When you set up plans, adhere to dates and standards, and focus on task-related action you are basically setting yourself up for a heart attack.
    I think it was you who I pointed out to the other day from a website that:

ISTJ: "Overrepresented among men at risk for heart attack - more than 3.5 times the proportion in Myers' high school sample. "

from this site: Facts About the 16 Myers-Briggs

So yeah ISTJ's are an angry bunch sometimes, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by King-Of-Despair View Post
    I've pushed the buttons of Fe and Te, both of them react the same, Fe is certainly not any more emotional than Te, it's just about different issues.
    No, I disagree. What I've found is that when you get push the buttons of these people, the high Te's will argue for the sake of proving their point, but the Fe's will get personal when they argue against you.

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    P is intolerant of frustration.
    She tolerates a mishap, an error or a fault.

J is tolerant of frustration.
    Therefore she does not tolerate a mishap, an error or a fault.

Anger is not about another.
    It is about you.
    Frustration for me is focused internally at yourself, it is something you cant figure out. Anger is focused externally at someone, you are blaming someone for something they did that affected you or someone else.

P types are more likely to get frustrated trying to figure things out, It is the whole experience nature of P types.

J types are good at controlling a situation so when you screw something up or dont follow the rules it goes directly against what they are doing. They are more likely to get angry at you because you are screwing up there outcome.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

I'm fairly tolerant overall but am known for randomized temper flares that cool off after about 30 seconds.

Normally to get me really angry a person has to be a habitual offender of a certain behavior that i've talked to them about in the past. (Sorry for all the verbage. I'm not sure how else to put it.)

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    I'm fairly tolerant overall but am known for randomized temper flares that cool off after about 30 seconds.

Normally to get me really angry a person has to be a habitual offender of a certain behavior that i've talked to them about in the past. (Sorry for all the verbage. I'm not sure how else to put it.)
    +1.

I'm like the saucepan of milk, i will simmer but if i boil over, i will cause a slight mess. Then i calm down almost immediately.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe