User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Smile most likely to "stuff" their feelings"

Does anyone know which type or function is the most likely to "stuff" their feelings and eat themselves into oblivion?

I knew an ISFJ who weighed 365 pound for that reason.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

When I watch the shows on television of largely obese people, many of the men (I am not sure about women, but I'm simply describing the men) seem to be mostly:
    - ISFP

Followed by:
    - ENFP (Not as sure on this one, however)
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

One xSFJ (probably ESFJ) did just that. I know her well, diagnosed initially as clear ESFJ, nowadays she would pass as ISFJ. I introduced the MBTI idea to her.. she got quite interested of the MBTI, altho she likes most psychological tests out of curiosity.

Anyway, I know her well, and she told her eating disorder began partly as a reaction to being bullied at school when she was 13.

She's told she stills eats a lot in reaction to sorrow, tho she's cut it down now. I don't know her weight, but she was obese, and now down to heavily overweight - borderline obese.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I imagine an ISxJ could do that... I would have guessed IxTJ, though, because they seem to have the hardest time expressing feelings. Although an overly polite ISFJ might do the same thing... I might overeat for one day or so if things were bad, but I can't imagine doing it chronically.

I've seen fat people of almost every type. I'm not sure if it's stuffing their feelings or simple gluttony. I would think EPs are generally the biggest gluttons; though I haven't known any fat ESTPs.

I haven't seen any fat INFJs, however. Are there any on this board?

MBTI
    INXP

Are any of the INTPs here fat?

I suspect that at least some INTPs may have a tendency to forget/neglect to eat when they become absorbed in thought or an activity of interest. (Of course, I'm not referring to myself here. Heh heh.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I didn't say that I didn't say it. I said that I didn't say that I said it. I want to make that very clear.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

I know an ENFP and an ENTJ who are nearing spherical...
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Recluse View Post
    I suspect that at least some INTPs may have a tendency to forget/neglect to eat when they become absorbed in thought or an activity of interest. (Of course, I'm not referring to myself here. Heh heh.)
    I've missed a few meals while playing Halo 3, for one.
    We are not poets
    We have no right to make amendments

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Recluse View Post
    Are any of the INTPs here fat?

I was a chubby little kid. I'm average now. I forget to eat whenever I find a good book, but I hate exercise, so I'll never be skinny. That may be a good thing however, because I don't pay attention while walking, and if I were bony walking into walls would hurt more...
    "'You scoundrel, you have wronged me,' hissed the philosopher. 'May you live forever!'" - Ambrose Bierce

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

I would guess probably SFs... although you would think people with inferior Se might do that as well. I do sometimes indulge in comfort food, I think I'm too jittery to gain weight.