• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

most likely to "stuff" their feelings"

TenebrousReflection

MBTI Type
INFp
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I am overweight (but on track for loosing weight gradually), but not for that reason.

When I get depressed, it has the effect of practically killing my appetite and in those times I have to remind myself I need to eat something (of course it might not be somethgin healthy that I end up choosing, but its not eating to feel better either).

In normal conditions, I think it has as much to do with an unhealthy fast food diet of conveneince as anything else (part of what I've been trying to seriously cut back on). I also really like coffee, and well, I like something sweet to go with it to contrast and enhance the bitterness of the coffee and well that stuff aint so good for me (another part of my diet I've mostly removed now (the sweets, not the coffee)).

For the time being, I'm considering myself "probably INFP" but still a touch of uncertainty about it.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
One reason I hate the stereotypes about weight is that I know how lazy I am and how little I worry about my diet and yet I stay thin, while I know heavier people that work like dogs all day and eat what appears to me to be normally and just gain and gain. It stinks.

I know something of the feelings when you try to lose weight, but the body just makes you feel extremely bad if you dont eat.. and with the kind of eating that is tolerable, you just can't seem to be able to lose weight.. it can be an extreme experience. The feelings I had to put myself in when losing weight.. they were so bad as if I had wanted to kill myself. I recognized that the feelings were due to the drastic change of nutritional habits, so I just used self-discipline and trusted for my body and mind to adjust to the new nutrition plan. It wasn't a temporary diet, but something permanent, and I still eat essentially the same way. My stomach got bigger and bigger and it was starting to hurt me. I was worried every night when I went to sleep because of the pains.. which I attriibuted to sudden weight gain. In the end I was so afraid of my health that I paniced to change my eating habits.

-dropping sugar: somewhat difficult. Didn't need to find replacement, but I hated being without candy and chocolate.
-dropping salt: harder. Had to first drop in half, then the other half (almost completely). It felt just plain wrong not to eat potato chips or salted peanuts.
-dropping overall calory intake: instant depression and anxiety. No remedy.. except alcohol. So I drank. The plan backfired.. the alcohol consumed made the mood swings worse, it dulled down the food crawings, but almost made me dependant.
-cutting down on alcohol: I didn't do this until I was adjusted to eating less (2 weeks). I felt I had to drink to withstand the depression.
-dropping tasty foods I've used to eat: I decided that I had to acquire a liking for healthier foods, and I trusted reports that people do adjust to different diet. Two weeks were absolutely terrible. It got easier after that, but I still desired old foods incredibly much. It was completely over in about 4 weeks.

The best improvement came after I was able to cut down on alcohol. When I had days I didn't drink at all, I started to do exercise. Running, cycling.. and I liked it. I had liked it before. I started to like the feeling of being physically tired after exercise. I reduced drinking to perhaps 2-3 days/week (down from 7 days a week) to get more days when I could do sports.

I dont drink alcohol anymore, it would interfere with my demanding fitness plan.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I know something of the feelings when you try to lose weight, but the body just makes you feel extremely bad if you dont eat.. and with the kind of eating that is tolerable, you just can't seem to be able to lose weight.. it can be an extreme experience. The feelings I had to put myself in when losing weight.. they were so bad as if I had wanted to kill myself. I recognized that the feelings were due to the drastic change of nutritional habits, so I just used self-discipline and trusted for my body and mind to adjust to the new nutrition plan. It wasn't a temporary diet, but something permanent, and I still eat essentially the same way. My stomach got bigger and bigger and it was starting to hurt me. I was worried every night when I went to sleep because of the pains.. which I attriibuted to sudden weight gain. In the end I was so afraid of my health that I paniced to change my eating habits.

-dropping sugar: somewhat difficult. Didn't need to find replacement, but I hated being without candy and chocolate.
-dropping salt: harder. Had to first drop in half, then the other half (almost completely). It felt just plain wrong not to eat potato chips or salted peanuts.
-dropping overall calory intake: instant depression and anxiety. No remedy.. except alcohol. So I drank. The plan backfired.. the alcohol consumed made the mood swings worse, it dulled down the food crawings, but almost made me dependant.
-cutting down on alcohol: I didn't do this until I was adjusted to eating less (2 weeks). I felt I had to drink to withstand the depression.
-dropping tasty foods I've used to eat: I decided that I had to acquire a liking for healthier foods, and I trusted reports that people do adjust to different diet. Two weeks were absolutely terrible. It got easier after that, but I still desired old foods incredibly much. It was completely over in about 4 weeks.

The best improvement came after I was able to cut down on alcohol. When I had days I didn't drink at all, I started to do exercise. Running, cycling.. and I liked it. I had liked it before. I started to like the feeling of being physically tired after exercise. I reduced drinking to perhaps 2-3 days/week (down from 7 days a week) to get more days when I could do sports.

I dont drink alcohol anymore, it would interfere with my demanding fitness plan.
Wow! That was a seriously herculean effort. Congratulations.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My mom is overweight but she works really hard. (She's an LPN.)

I don't know, I think she's either an ISFP, INFP, or INFJ. (Too disorganized and forgetful to be a book definition of an ISFJ.) Either way, she's definitely an Enneagram Type 9.

My mom's boyfriend, on the other hand, is a skinny and lazy ENTP. Like many ENTPs, he thinks he's a master craftsman and envisions big projects to improve the house. Unfortunately, these projects aren't either the safest or aesthetically appealing.

Usehername

On a mission
I'm sedentary, but thin mostly because of my genes. I don't know if it's genes or what, but I do not like to eat any one thing in large quantities and I hate the feeling of being over full. I forget to eat sometimes or procrastinate because I don't want to stop what I'm doing or nothing sounds good so I don't bother until I'm getting dizzy.

I just started gaining weight in the last . . . probably five years. None of my pregnancy weight stayed on any time at all, but age is getting me a little. Of course I have to gain it in my middle. :dry:

My sister-in-law is an ISFJ and beautiful, but overweight. Part might be from stuffing the emotions, but it's also because she really pushes herself to keep up with all of her responsibilities and she has a lot of them. When she feels tired she eats for the energy boost so she can keep working away.

One reason I hate the stereotypes about weight is that I know how lazy I am and how little I worry about my diet and yet I stay thin, while I know heavier people that work like dogs all day and eat what appears to me to be normally and just gain and gain. It stinks.

in junior high/high school i was known for constantly bringing food to class. i ate ALL the time. but i have trouble sitting down and consuming a whole plate.
i just eat healthy, is all. (plus i suppose i have very good metabolism.)

but i seriously think eating healthy and all the time in small amounts is better than big meals and going hours at a time without food. when i was overseas and sick, and gained weight, i was eating camp-food style for months. which meant i often went hours without eating, and then consuming a big meal. and this is how i gained weight. but it was also not as healthy as what i normally ate.

(109 lbs for thanksgiving dinner and i can't eat anything except sweet potatoes b/c of my wisdom teeth comign out sucks)

Metamorphosis

MBTI Type
INTJ
in junior high/high school i was known for constantly bringing food to class. i ate ALL the time. but i have trouble sitting down and consuming a whole plate.
i just eat healthy, is all. (plus i suppose i have very good metabolism.)

but i seriously think eating healthy and all the time in small amounts is better than big meals and going hours at a time without food. when i was overseas and sick, and gained weight, i was eating camp-food style for months. which meant i often went hours without eating, and then consuming a big meal. and this is how i gained weight. but it was also not as healthy as what i normally ate.

(109 lbs for thanksgiving dinner and i can't eat anything except sweet potatoes b/c of my wisdom teeth comign out sucks)

Yeah, eating more often in smaller amounts is definitely the way to go. It keeps the metabolism working.

lecky

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Speaking from experience I would say my type, ISTJ, has the tendency to stuff feelings...especially in regard to romantic relationships.

I have been told that I come across as aloof, "hard to get to know", "hard to figure out"...I definitely have strong emotions/feelings but I try my best to keep them to myself. It's very difficult to articulate how I feel in words and I'm often afraid of what the other person will think.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I know an ENFJ who ate whenever he was upset about anything- you could tell how stressed he was by whether he was gaining or losing weight!

I've always tended to cook more while stressed, but I've never eaten more.

I used to have a big problem with drinking to get over anything- thank god I'm over that! :D