User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I'm of healthy size though a little soft, if only because I sit at my computer for too long and don't get out enough. I have been known to forget to eat and skip meals (because I'll be playing some video game like the pixel crack addict I am and not feel hungry until I actually realise I haven't eaten all day), and eat too many sweet/salty foods every once in a while. Usually, though, I have little compulsion to eat/not eat beyond three meals a day. (The fact that I have a very small budget might contribute to that too. The more efficiently digested food I eat, the less money I spend. However, when there's an abundance of crap, but tasty, food, you can bet I'll be munching on it too much.)

I've known some people who were fat and complained about it. They struck me as SFs or NFs. The people that I've known to be STs or NTs who were fat/overweight/pudgy, either didn't care or were mostly oblivious to it.

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

I have a cyclist's body build. I find it generally extremely easy to eat whatever I see best according to nutritional values.

I did deviate from my nutritional style early this year. It was a bit difficult to cut down on the fatty foods, potato chips, candy and such. I just craved for something good to eat and it felt like a must. I compensated by deciding to spend 15 minutes more time to make food, so that I could make healthy, good food that TASTED GOOD. It took more trouble and innovation to make food from healthy ingredients. It was extra hard to do the work to make good food, because I was depressed and the unhealthy foods made me feel better. I never got fat by regular standards.

Now I'm physically in excellent health, have the recommended blood pressure, resting heart rate, good (high) hemoglobine levels, and I have probably about 5% body fat. Muscles will be distinctively visible at about 3% body fat, I'm aiming for that next spring. Not that there will ever be a lot of them (muscles). I tend not to gain muscle mass easily.

MBTI
    WOLF

I'm well rounded. I think it has more to do with loving food and hating exercise than stuffing my feelings, although the latter might happen once in a while. It's also about being lazy - I can live on noodles and popcorn for a long time if I'm alone and I usually won't cook if it takes me more than 15 minutes to do so (stir-fry is my friend)Pretty soon I'll decide that enough is enough and I'll lose some weight -that's what usually happens. I'm not built to be skinny, though and I'll look ill at a weight that is in the normal BMI range for my height.

I think any type is susceptible to eating disorders, but I'd suspect it more often in an IxTJ than any other type, as it has been mentioned before.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I'm slightly overweight, but not obese...I'm still able to comfortably fit in the seats of a movie theater or a roller coaster. I also have a large bone structure.

I'm certainly not one of those "fat mamas/papas" who sits on the couch watching Jerry Springer and soap operas all afternoon.

The stereotype I also think of regarding fat males is the ESTJ mob boss frequenting The Olive Garden.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

i'm one scrawny intj. i just keep losing weight by doing nothing sometimes. (well, i got my wisdom teeth out a few days ago, so my 113 lbs is justified b/c i can't eat anything b/c i can't chew. but i'm normally 118ish. and 5'7")
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    INTJ

I think it has more to do with body type than personality type. Assuming that they all "stuff their feelings" the same, an ectomorph would have to eat like 3x as much as an endomorph to gain the same amount of weight.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    I think it has more to do with body type than personality type. Assuming that they all "stuff their feelings" the same, an ectomorph would have to eat like 3x as much as an endomorph to gain the same amount of weight.
    Ah. Good point.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Although I think body type can be factored into personality. For example, fat people (women in particular) tend to whine more.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx

i don't stuff my feelings
    i just like to eat. I like to eat A LOT.
    but luckily i don't gain weight easily.

food is my anti-drug.
    INFP 4w5
    facebook
    The pain won't let me get away.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I'm sedentary, but thin mostly because of my genes. I don't know if it's genes or what, but I do not like to eat any one thing in large quantities and I hate the feeling of being over full. I forget to eat sometimes or procrastinate because I don't want to stop what I'm doing or nothing sounds good so I don't bother until I'm getting dizzy.

I just started gaining weight in the last . . . probably five years. None of my pregnancy weight stayed on any time at all, but age is getting me a little. Of course I have to gain it in my middle.

My sister-in-law is an ISFJ and beautiful, but overweight. Part might be from stuffing the emotions, but it's also because she really pushes herself to keep up with all of her responsibilities and she has a lot of them. When she feels tired she eats for the energy boost so she can keep working away.

One reason I hate the stereotypes about weight is that I know how lazy I am and how little I worry about my diet and yet I stay thin, while I know heavier people that work like dogs all day and eat what appears to me to be normally and just gain and gain. It stinks.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers