User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do you enjoy background music when working/concentrating?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • I, yes

19 47.50%
  • I, no

9 22.50%
  • E, yes

7 17.50%
  • E, no

3 7.50%
  • N, yes

20 50.00%
  • N, no

9 22.50%
  • S, yes

5 12.50%
  • S, no

3 7.50%
  • T, yes

16 40.00%
  • T, no

8 20.00%
  • F, yes

9 22.50%
  • F, no

4 10.00%
  • J, yes

4 10.00%
  • J, no

5 12.50%
  • P, yes

19 47.50%
  • P, no

7 17.50%
Multiple Choice Poll.
First 12

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Ambient music or a show/movie with a lower volume, whenever I'm studying or working or doing casual things. Then I can't stand silence. But I can't listen to pop, rap, hiphop or rnb when I'm concentrating. However, I like to hear people talk in the background. It soothes me and helps me relax. But if I really have to buckle down, I turn that shit off and it stays off until I have figured whatever I'm doing out.

Right now, I'm listening to Sex and the City, while talking to my mom, thinking about making my bed and concentrating on writing this post.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by stellar renegade View Post
    I pretty much always have to be listening to music if I'm alone and/or have to concentrate on something.

I variate depending on what kind of music I'm feeling at the time, not depending on the activity, except that I prefer faster, more upbeat music when I'm needing to get alot done at work.

And that I usually listen to more upbeat music unless I'm going to sleep, at which point I'll listen to calmer stuff.

I can't go to sleep without music, either.
    Same here, but I go with upbeat/more aggressive music in all cases, I rarely actually go for calmer music, right now is one of those rare moments, and I'm not sure what's causing me choose to listen to calmer music
    5 3 9

videodrones; questions Verfremdungseffekt's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTp
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Eh?

Anything I have control over, without comprehensible voices. Which basically equals silence.

Pure silence is ideal, but it's an ideal never achieved. So better go with plan B than to fight.

PEST that STEPs on PETS stellar renegade's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTP

Quote Originally Posted by King-Of-Despair View Post
    Same here, but I go with upbeat/more aggressive music in all cases, I rarely actually go for calmer music, right now is one of those rare moments, and I'm not sure what's causing me choose to listen to calmer music
    The power of suggestion.

On an added note, I hate conflicting noises when I'm trying to concentrate, and I'm thinking of things like the TV over music or two different songs, etc. Sometimes if I'm not concentrating, though, I might enjoy it or at least enjoy more noise.

I work at WalMart and our store's been going through a remodel process. I enjoyed the sounds of construction work going on and wish they would continue because sometimes it just gets frighteningly silent there overnight. :eek:
    -stellar renegade
    coo-oo-ooool this madness down,
    stop it right on tiiiiime!

Badass Promoter ESTPs:
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Aderack View Post
    Anything I have control over, without comprehensible voices. Which basically equals silence.

Pure silence is ideal, but it's an ideal never achieved. So better go with plan B than to fight.
    It's a beautiful thing. The only time I've experienced complete silence, like I've gone deaf, is out on the countryside, at night when everybody else is asleep. Feels like I've entered a black hole or gone under the water.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by stellar renegade View Post
    The power of suggestion.

On an added note, I hate conflicting noises when I'm trying to concentrate, and I'm thinking of things like the TV over music or two different songs, etc. Sometimes if I'm not concentrating, though, I might enjoy it or at least enjoy more noise.

I work at WalMart and our store's been going through a remodel process. I enjoyed the sounds of construction work going on and wish they would continue because sometimes it just gets frighteningly silent there overnight. :eek:
    I often leave as on much conflicting noise as possible , music versus tv, versus guitar, it's a battle for my attention. I take it that I just like to have everything fast paced, my homework, my reading, my sleeping lol. I think it must be slow down time, time to reassess myself a little bit hmmm... /irrelevant stuff I needed off my brain.

If I find a problem in mathematics or anything problem solving related, I find that I really need complete silence. There's always a point at which the noise is too much... despite it being comforting.
    5 3 9