• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What function is this?

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
You become inspired and motivated by something great, like if someone achieves something noteworthy with great difficulty? You take it as an example to make yourself accomplish great things. Is there a cognitive function at play here, and if so, what function is this (the becoming inspired part)?

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
You become inspired and motivated by something great, like if someone achieves something noteworthy with great difficulty? You take it as an example to make yourself accomplish great things. Is there a cognitive function at play here, and if so, what function is this (the becoming inspired part)?

Te, I'd imagine. But it depends on what inspired you, and why.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Te, I'd imagine. But it depends on what inspired you, and why.

Like winning a game in sports when you're very sick or when you're way behind... getting something done even though the odds are completely against you, something like that. Another example would be overcoming an illness even though doctors said you would die. Things like that.

Snow Turtle

Accomplishing something would technically be an extraverted trait. However there's no reason that one task accomplishment would serve greater satisfaction than another minor task.

When it comes down to motivation... I don't think MBTI functions are good enough. There's too many other variables that aren't covered by perception and judgement based functions. Example: Fi is often referred to as focus on values but it never really explains... Why that particular value? Why preference for particular functions?

It's just too simple of a theory and can't capture it. You'll find ways of applying one or two functions but that's about it. =/