• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Real world examples of Ti

Jaguar

INTPs may spend their lives doing lowly restaurant work, painting and roofing houses, carpentry work - anything to get them by financially while they pursue their private interests.

And if someone came into this forum and said, "I do roofing and carpentry work" people would likely type the person ISTP, not INTP.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You seem pretty intelligent to me. You have the best of both worlds.

I was raised by N's ;) god forbid, I had 2 parents who misunderstood me. My mom thought I was lazy and wouldn't amount to much because I didn't like chores nor was I interested in stuff like school. I calculated how many assignments i could miss and still pass with a C. My life was horrible because of the N/S split...lol. j/K i enjoyed my introverted childhood and spent a tremendous amount of time with both parents. Yes, my mom really didn't think I could handle life due to my lack of Te. I swear they put way to much into Te.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
And if someone came into this forum and said, "I do roofing and carpentry work" people would likely type the person ISTP, not INTP.

Likewise, if someone didn't Know [MENTION=12103]Poki[/MENTION] better, they might just assume INTP when he said he is a programmer.

...kind of similar to how people seem to assume ESFP whenever a female pop singer's type is questioned.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That's almost comically tragic. I have no right to compare myself to someone as brilliant as Langan, but I dropped out of college and until my current job (purchasing) I only worked "menial" jobs (warehouse, assembly, security, fast food, waiter). I'm still not sure I know what I want to be when I grow up. Oh wait, I'm already in my 30's.

I like the part of his bio where he physically threw his bullying step-father out of his house at the age of 14. I wish I could have done that to my step-father.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Likewise, if someone didn't Know [MENTION=12103]Poki[/MENTION] better, they might just assume INTP when he said he is a programmer.

...kind of similar to how people seem to assume ESFP whenever a female pop singer's type is questioned.

People would probably doubt my INTPness if I told them that I talk on the phone all day. It's not the thing I prefer to be doing, but it pays my bills. And it helps with occlumency.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
People would probably doubt my INTPness if I told them that I talk on the phone all day. It's not the thing I prefer to be doing, but it pays my bills. And it helps with occlumency.

I don't understand the occlumency reference. But I talk on phones too, doing computer tech support.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I like the part of his bio where he physically threw his bullying step-father out of his house at the age of 14. I wish I could have done that to my step-father.

Also sounds like a stereotypical anger reaction when an INTP is pushed too far. My father was verbally assaulting my mother once and I exploded and threw his screen door off the hinges. This wasn't one of those flimsy doors, it was a heavy, metal screen door. I didn't know I had such strength :laugh: It scared me a bit and it's the last time to date that I've seen him treat her that way in my presence.

Do you work from home, or a cubicle?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It means hiding the contents of your mind.

So talking on phones all day helps with not hiding the contents of your mind?

What you should do is find a romance partner who is turned on by intelligence. This is a real thing called "sapiosexuality."

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Real life Ti = Me.

I had a very hard time adjusting to this job which started in Dec 2012. I dislike taking phone calls, I dislike the call machines. They're really good call machines, probably the best ever made; I just dislike them because they are call machines. I dislike the zillions of rules that I have to follow on the job.

I do like helping people by solving computer problems, and I have always liked helping people anyway. One of the best jobs I had when I was in my 20s was helping the elderly with chores through the local senior center. It was a low-paying job that I would have done for free if I was rich.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have to use the phone, but usually I communicate via email. I have a few vendors who insist on doing everything over the phone. Luckily, since I am essentially "the customer", I really don't have to be as friendly as I would if I were working in sales.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I did a telemarketing job. I don't know how I made it through training and I quit after 2 weeks on the job. They handed me a bic pen and asked me to sell it to them. My thought was, this is a standard Bic pen. What does it do that other pens cant. I had to have information on this pen before I could sell it. What I actually did was call people to apply for special credit cards. Like a percent of purchase price goes towards the group they are in...the one I remember most is quarter horse association.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I did a telemarketing job. I don't know how I made it through training and I quit after 2 weeks on the job. They handed me a bic pen and asked me to sell it to them. My thought was, this is a standard Bic pen. What does it do that other pens cant. I had to have information on this pen before I could sell it. What I actually did was call people to apply for special credit cards. Like a percent of purchase price goes towards the group they are in...the one I remember most is quarter horse association.

If someone asked me to pitch a bic pen for an interview it would be really hard for me to fight the urge to market it as a great cocaine straw, chew toy, or something to use for emergency tracheotomies.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
How are you phone-talkin', cubicle squattin', conversation startin' ITPs not attempting suicide on a daily basis?

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
How are you phone-talkin', cubicle squattin', conversation startin' ITPs not attempting suicide on a daily basis?

That's an excellent question. I guess I have a conviction that things are going to get better. I was also willing to learn how to adapt to the circumstances I found myself in.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I have to escape the office every once in while or I go crazy. I will take lunches and just drive or go to store or nothing to get out of here and get a break. My only negative on my reviews is that I need to communicate more.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I escape with the internet, or walks to the smoking area outside.

I like it when issues come up outside of my normal daily routine, because then I have a reason to use my brain to solve problems--often this allows me to get away from my desk and walk out to the warehouse to play detective. My daily routines don't involve a ton of thinking. I analyze forecasts for parts' usage and demand to determine when to order more, but once you've done that for a while, it becomes very routine and monotonous.