First 45678 Last

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Real life Ti = Me.

I had a very hard time adjusting to this job which started in Dec 2012. I dislike taking phone calls, I dislike the call machines. They're really good call machines, probably the best ever made; I just dislike them because they are call machines. I dislike the zillions of rules that I have to follow on the job.

I do like helping people by solving computer problems, and I have always liked helping people anyway. One of the best jobs I had when I was in my 20s was helping the elderly with chores through the local senior center. It was a low-paying job that I would have done for free if I was rich.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

I have to use the phone, but usually I communicate via email. I have a few vendors who insist on doing everything over the phone. Luckily, since I am essentially "the customer", I really don't have to be as friendly as I would if I were working in sales.
    Masculine presenting transgender lesbian

At heart, I’ll always be a bleeding heart liberal.

MBTI
    STP

I did a telemarketing job. I don't know how I made it through training and I quit after 2 weeks on the job. They handed me a bic pen and asked me to sell it to them. My thought was, this is a standard Bic pen. What does it do that other pens cant. I had to have information on this pen before I could sell it. What I actually did was call people to apply for special credit cards. Like a percent of purchase price goes towards the group they are in...the one I remember most is quarter horse association.
    Im out, its been fun
    Likes asynartetic liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Poki View Post
    I did a telemarketing job. I don't know how I made it through training and I quit after 2 weeks on the job. They handed me a bic pen and asked me to sell it to them. My thought was, this is a standard Bic pen. What does it do that other pens cant. I had to have information on this pen before I could sell it. What I actually did was call people to apply for special credit cards. Like a percent of purchase price goes towards the group they are in...the one I remember most is quarter horse association.
    If someone asked me to pitch a bic pen for an interview it would be really hard for me to fight the urge to market it as a great cocaine straw, chew toy, or something to use for emergency tracheotomies.

Likes Poki liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Vulcan View Post
    Cubicle.
    I'd go insane.
    Likes asynartetic liked this post

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    I'd go insane.
    I may already be.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78
    Likes Jaguar, asynartetic liked this post

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

How are you phone-talkin', cubicle squattin', conversation startin' ITPs not attempting suicide on a daily basis?

Likes RobinSkye liked this post

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    How are you phone-talkin', cubicle squattin', conversation startin' ITPs not attempting suicide on a daily basis?
    That's an excellent question. I guess I have a conviction that things are going to get better. I was also willing to learn how to adapt to the circumstances I found myself in.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

MBTI
    STP

I have to escape the office every once in while or I go crazy. I will take lunches and just drive or go to store or nothing to get out of here and get a break. My only negative on my reviews is that I need to communicate more.
    Im out, its been fun

I escape with the internet, or walks to the smoking area outside.

I like it when issues come up outside of my normal daily routine, because then I have a reason to use my brain to solve problems--often this allows me to get away from my desk and walk out to the warehouse to play detective. My daily routines don't involve a ton of thinking. I analyze forecasts for parts' usage and demand to determine when to order more, but once you've done that for a while, it becomes very routine and monotonous.