User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    INTPs may spend their lives doing lowly restaurant work, painting and roofing houses, carpentry work - anything to get them by financially while they pursue their private interests.
    And if someone came into this forum and said, "I do roofing and carpentry work" people would likely type the person ISTP, not INTP.
    Likes asynartetic liked this post

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by Starcrash View Post
    You seem pretty intelligent to me. You have the best of both worlds.
    I was raised by N's god forbid, I had 2 parents who misunderstood me. My mom thought I was lazy and wouldn't amount to much because I didn't like chores nor was I interested in stuff like school. I calculated how many assignments i could miss and still pass with a C. My life was horrible because of the N/S split...lol. j/K i enjoyed my introverted childhood and spent a tremendous amount of time with both parents. Yes, my mom really didn't think I could handle life due to my lack of Te. I swear they put way to much into Te.
    Im out, its been fun

Sheep pill, broster asynartetic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    And if someone came into this forum and said, "I do roofing and carpentry work" people would likely type the person ISTP, not INTP.
    Likewise, if someone didn't Know @Poki better, they might just assume INTP when he said he is a programmer.

...kind of similar to how people seem to assume ESFP whenever a female pop singer's type is questioned.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

That's almost comically tragic. I have no right to compare myself to someone as brilliant as Langan, but I dropped out of college and until my current job (purchasing) I only worked "menial" jobs (warehouse, assembly, security, fast food, waiter). I'm still not sure I know what I want to be when I grow up. Oh wait, I'm already in my 30's.
    I like the part of his bio where he physically threw his bullying step-father out of his house at the age of 14. I wish I could have done that to my step-father.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Likewise, if someone didn't Know @Poki better, they might just assume INTP when he said he is a programmer.

...kind of similar to how people seem to assume ESFP whenever a female pop singer's type is questioned.
    People would probably doubt my INTPness if I told them that I talk on the phone all day. It's not the thing I prefer to be doing, but it pays my bills. And it helps with occlumency.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Vulcan View Post
    People would probably doubt my INTPness if I told them that I talk on the phone all day. It's not the thing I prefer to be doing, but it pays my bills. And it helps with occlumency.
    I don't understand the occlumency reference. But I talk on phones too, doing computer tech support.
    Likes Julius_Van_Der_Beak liked this post

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

I don't understand the occlumency reference. But I talk on phones too, doing computer tech support.
    It means hiding the contents of your mind.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

Visit my Johari:

Sheep pill, broster asynartetic's Avatar

I like the part of his bio where he physically threw his bullying step-father out of his house at the age of 14. I wish I could have done that to my step-father.
    Also sounds like a stereotypical anger reaction when an INTP is pushed too far. My father was verbally assaulting my mother once and I exploded and threw his screen door off the hinges. This wasn't one of those flimsy doors, it was a heavy, metal screen door. I didn't know I had such strength It scared me a bit and it's the last time to date that I've seen him treat her that way in my presence.

Do you work from home, or a cubicle?
    Likes Poki liked this post

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

It means hiding the contents of your mind.
    So talking on phones all day helps with not hiding the contents of your mind?

What you should do is find a romance partner who is turned on by intelligence. This is a real thing called "sapiosexuality."

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Do you work from home, or a cubicle?
    Cubicle.

Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345
    What you should do is find a romance partner who is turned on by intelligence. This is a real thing called "sapiosexuality."
    I'm not really on the market at the moment.

Visit my Johari: