User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    I've been working closely with a Ti heavy INTP coworker. When I've found a problem and present it to him in Ne form, he processes it, sometimes within minutes, sometimes for a day, then he retells it in Ti-form as if he discovered it himself. I mostly find this really confusing.
    Doesn't sound Ti to me. We process the solution, not the problem. Sounds like he is just restating it in his own way. And also sounds like he is trying to understand it and the discovery from him you experience from him is his internal ah-ha moment of understanding the problem. Until you understand the problem you can't find the solution.

It's funny when people do this because sometimes you have to keep correcting them as they can change the problem to fit a solution. Instead of finding a solution to the problem.
    Im out, its been fun
    Likes Qlip liked this post

Sheep pill, broster asynartetic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    I've been working closely with a Ti heavy INTP coworker. When I've found a problem and present it to him in Ne form, he processes it, sometimes within minutes, sometimes for a day, then he retells it in Ti-form as if he discovered it himself. I mostly find this really confusing.
    Perhaps (in his way) he thinks he discovered it via you relaying said problem to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Poki View Post
    https://youtu.be/opFaGS6tXUY

I like this video. It's an internal logical framework that allows us to understand the world. Feelings included. The goal is to have a single complete understanding, which may or may not be possible dependent on missing data and missing logic. It's one of those things where understanding just builds and builds and reorganizes to form a logical picture.

For example, when I was little I would listen to my parents argue. Unlike F, I didn't bring feelings into play and I didn't just take each and every statement as a standalone statement. I would take each pro/con/idea/etc. And analyze it all together. I wouldn't take sides, I wouldn't bring feelings in of I am mad at you so I am gonna go against you. It was pure analytical construction of things in my head. Combined with Se it's a pure analytical process of everything my senses pull in. The goal is to build this framework not to accomplish a goal at this point. At another stage I use this framework to accomplish goals and live live. Sometimes I switch between analysis and use very fast and other times I can sit in analysis for hours on end. After about 8-10 hours of straight heavy analysis and trying to build this framework my head will start to hurt.

Edit: i don't like the axiom of freedom. Freedom is not a right, that's not logic. Everything can be broke down logically, we are actually trying to reach the deepest understanding. Freedom for example is a choice, the ultimate last reach for freedom is suicide. Even in a controlling country we choose whether we want to abide or not. Even in America we are not free. We still have laws and punishment and penalties. We are just "more" free then other countries. People are retarded who support "freedom" and then stipulate...this is america...you must do it this way. It's a logical fail. Axiom in the way explained is more TJ tradition then Ti
    I agree with you, for the most part.

I like your comments on freedom. I think it highlights one of the major follies of American interventionism: there is something a bit "off" about the idea of imposing concepts as vague as "freedom" and "liberty" on other nations or groups of people. I'm not trying to take this thread into political debate territory, just pointing out a fallacy which to me is evident in several US ideologies, whether "left" or "right".

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by BlueScreen View Post
    My INTP father tends to play card and board games extremely logically. It makes him good at them, but also quite easy to read.
    My aunt did this and it made her very easy to read. She is by far Ti though her logic is very shortsighted.
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by Starcrash View Post
    I agree with you, for the most part.

I like your comments on freedom. I think it highlights one of the major follies of American interventionism: there is something a bit "off" about the idea of imposing concepts as vague as "freedom" and "liberty" on other nations or groups of people. I'm not trying to take this thread into political debate territory, just pointing out a fallacy which to me is evident in several US ideologies, whether "left" or "right".
    Yes...aside from right, wrong, subjective, objective. It's a logical fail that unless you change the wording of freedom or change the US it is a logical fail. Something has to be twisted or ignored for it to be true.
    Im out, its been fun
    Likes asynartetic liked this post

Yes...aside from right, wrong, subjective, objective. It's a logical fail that unless you change the wording of freedom or change the US it is a logical fail. Something has to be twisted or ignored for it to be true.
    I think it's a weak piece of rhetoric american politicians of every party use to get the general public to support wars where the goal isn't really to "liberate" people but rather to bolster american interests overseas. They're not counting on most voters to pick the words and ideas apart enough to really find the fallacies contained therein.

Again, I didn't mean to bring politics into this. I'm trying to remain as vague as possible, but I think this is relevant to the nature of Ti and what you're saying about logic.

MBTI
    STP

I think it's a weak piece of rhetoric american politicians of every party use to get the general public to support wars where the goal isn't really to "liberate" people but rather to bolster american interests overseas. They're not counting on most voters to pick the words and ideas apart enough to really find the fallacies contained therein.

Again, I didn't mean to bring politics into this. I'm trying to remain as vague as possible, but I think this is relevant to the nature of Ti and what you're saying about logic.
    Yes, Ti like to dig deeper into issue. Agreed it's a sales tactic that passes initial sniff test when compare against other countries or other concepts that is used to make a comparison due to steering the comparisons. Ti likes to get to bottom of things instead of "groupie" thinking. Funnily enough it's all steered toward Fi and they are blind to it. Makes me wonder what things are steered towards Ti that we are blind to.
    Im out, its been fun
    Likes Julius_Van_Der_Beak liked this post

Makes me wonder what things are steered towards Ti that we are blind to.
    I'm not sure, but that gives me something to contemplate this afternoon.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

More MMA fighters than I would have imagined are actually INTP types.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Perhaps (in his way) he thinks he discovered it via you relaying said problem to him.
    This is pretty much how I look at it.

Doesn't sound Ti to me. We process the solution, not the problem. Sounds like he is just restating it in his own way. And also sounds like he is trying to understand it and the discovery from him you experience from him is his internal ah-ha moment of understanding the problem. Until you understand the problem you can't find the solution.

It's funny when people do this because sometimes you have to keep correcting them as they can change the problem to fit a solution. Instead of finding a solution to the problem.
    Well, in most cases it's related to finding a solution. The typical (abstract, arbitrarily automotive) setup is this:

Me: Well, I looked at it and the delivery truck is broken. It could be a ton of things [iterates possibilities], but we're not going to be able to fix it without a cherrypicker and we can't get one until Monday. We're going to have to let this one go for now.

Him, after a disconnected amount of time, and his own investigation: Qlip, I looked at the truck and ran some diagnostics and it looks like the timing belt is broken, I just don't see if there's anything we can do about it right now, we're stuck.

And now that I think about it, it seems like it could be Te orientation vs Ti orientation. Which in a team can be good, but I find somewhat irritating because I find the process being over thorough for the work we are in. Also, like I said, I find the presentation rather odd.