User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post

So if I only care for the shape of things I lose my desire to have my ear to the ground and be in step with what the people want and my populism turns into a dictatorship,
    In a work scenario, I was no dictator.
    Quite the opposite. I was more like a football coach.
    All for one and one for all.
    Although I did start my Monday morning meetings with: "Welcome to the war room, people."
    There was no "I" it was a "we."

I thought you ENFJs were supposed to be team players, or is that just more MBTI bullshit?
    Shall we begin calling you Hitler, or what?
    Sig Heil!

Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    In a work scenario, I was no dictator.
    Quite the opposite. I was more like a football coach.
    All for one and one for all.
    Although I did start my Monday morning meetings with: "Welcome to the war room, people."
    There was no "I" it was a "we."
    I commented recently on Ne-Monster's blog about leadership and what it means to be a leader. I read a lot of stuff on it, I've seen great leadership at work and I've seen abysmal leadership.

My work ethic comes from when I was in retail. The toilet in our store overflowed once and there was sewage and bits of poop all over the floor. It was me, the manager, and one other person closing the store that night. I saw the bathroom first and went to tell my manager and I was absolutely sure that was going to be my last night at work because I knew she was going to ask either me or my coworker to clean that mess and I was going to say I think not. She went in back and didn't come out for 10 minutes or so and then I went back to see what was going on.

She was cleaning the bathroom. I was like "what are you doing? call maintenance!" And she said the bathroom belonged to the company and not the mall so it was our responsibility. After I saw her cleaning up that nastiness anything she asked me to do, I did it. I stayed late for her, came in early, got on my hands and knees, if we weren't going to make out day I would bust my ass trying to make the numbers. She took away the "I" and turned me into a "we" when I saw her cleaning the bathroom. Leading by example means a lot to me.

I thought you ENFJs were supposed to be team players, or is that just more MBTI bullshit?
    Sig Heil!
    I've always preferred Empress.

I dunno, aside from being a Fe-dom, I don't really do well with the ENFJ or ESFJ description so :spam2:
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

Sig Heil!
    You're joking, right? Fe-doms are ruthless in ways we would never conceive of.
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Wind-up Rex View Post
    But only in ways for the better good.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by saslou View Post
    But only in ways for the better good.

See, everyone says stuff like that before the do things that are truly heinous, yall are the only ones that people still like afterwards. It's mind-boggling.
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth

Quote Originally Posted by Wind-up Rex View Post
    Lol. Well Fe frequently shows up at the bottom of my function tests.
    But to be frank, if Fe is supposed to support "group harmony,"
    then what's with this Fe dictator nonsense?

Is Fe responsible for that back-stabbing behavior women do?
    " Oh you look lovely in that new outfit."

Then the woman with the new outfit leaves the room.
    Afterwards, all the women stab her in the back by saying she really looked like cow shit.

Is that Fe?

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    After I saw her cleaning up that nastiness anything she asked me to do, I did it. I stayed late for her, came in early, got on my hands and knees, if we weren't going to make out day I would bust my ass trying to make the numbers. She took away the "I" and turned me into a "we" when I saw her cleaning the bathroom. Leading by example means a lot to me.

Leading by example is how you get a team of people to reach its goals.
    My Dad did it that way as ceo of a large company.
    I did it that way, too.
    Despite the fact I am unconventional, and my Dad is conventional,
    we share a common philosophy about leading.

Born leaders do not really seek out the lead.
    Leading comes calling for your ass to serve.

It's a lot like love.
    When you go looking for it you never find it.
    When you stop looking for it, it finds you.

I've always preferred Empress.
    Oh well then, Empress P.M. it is!

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

*pokes Thursday*

Protean - I can relate to the constant call to action. In my head is a steady scrolling of "It's GO Time!" (Seinfeld, anyone?) and I've had to learn to heed it, but not necessarily act on it until I've gotten all the facts, something that's hard for me to do because my decision mechanism is pretty quick to act in spite of me. I've been called a bulldozer too at times, and it's not a great thing, at least to my mind, because I'm not trying to run anyone over.

I think I reflect an ENTJ in my "throw your shoulder into it" mode, but an INFJ in my near crippling levels of empathy and "first do no harm". How can I be a caring bulldozer? Dunno. I can come at something with the force of a sawed-off shotgun, while simultaneously struggling to shoot into the air.

I'm not very flexible either. Within a framework, I can be modifiable, but over all, I have real difficulty shifting on the fly. I've never liked it. I like to have a plan in place with another plan waiting behind it. Granted, I've *had* to do that most of my life to prevent disaster, but I think it's just predating on something already inherent in me. I like to show latitude to others, but as to myself? Not much wiggle room.

Just listen to "Invincible" by Pat Benatar. Kinda sums up what my brain is like.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Is that Fe?
    No. That's "jerk".
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

What happens when you confront an obstacle?
    Obstacles are to be expected. I come up with ideas how to invent different partial solutions to the matter, while maintaining as much of the big goal as possible. So of course I'm ready to move little things too, but very big goals too, if a big part of some project becomes stopped, and other projects become more beneficial.

What motivates you?
    Seeing what I can do, how I can enjoy life, and what kind of things will happen to me when I go after my dreams. I'm hoping to have lot of freedom in my choices, and I'm ready to trade one freedom to another. I like how it works for me, and I'm hoping to make good decisions. Most of all, I want to live life where decisions come easily, I have freedom of decision, willpower to carry through them to a useful extent, and I may experience what kind of consequences will follow. I'm hoping all of that to be sane, workable and enjoyable, and doing that in more complex, more serious issues motivates me.

What calms you?
    Seeing that I have been balanced in my rest, relaxation and work, I'm improving, and I may continue to make effortless decisions that will bring me happiness, some kind of success (big or small), and interesting stuff in life. In short, it calms me to see my life works.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]