User Tag List

123 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 69

  1. #1
    Member attetude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    xxxx
    Posts
    43

    Default Using MBTI as a way... FFUUUUUU

    I joined the type community to find more about myself and increase my self concousness, and to improve my people skills.

    Now I find myself explaining my failures with MBTI, instead of improving my shortcomings. FFUU-. Anyone else with this?

  2. #2
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,531

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by attetude View Post
    I joined the type community to find more about myself and increase my self concousness, and to improve my people skills.

    Now I find myself explaining my failures with MBTI, instead of improving my shortcomings. FFUU-. Anyone else with this?
    MBTI is a cult based on an invalid and unreliable personality test.

    So MBTI has the advantage of meaning whatever you want it to mean.

    This has definite appeal to the narcissist.

    But if you want "to find more about yourself and increase your self consciousness and to improve your people skills", you might be better finding a course at a Community College called, "Improving Your People Skills". Or you might attend a Counselling Unit at your school or college or University and simply ask them to help you improve your people skills.

    MBTI will simply lead you into circular reasoning and confirmation bias.

    This is poor training for those who want to increase their people skills.
    Last edited by Mole; 08-15-2009 at 03:51 PM.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,420

    Default

    If that is your result, I'd say MBTI is crap.

  4. #4
    Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    7,917

    Default

    Uh oh, this thread got Vic-Rolled.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Valuable_Money's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Posts
    681

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    MBTI is a cult based on an invalid and unreliable personality test.

    So MBTI has the advantage of meaning whatever you want it to mean.

    This has definite appeal to the narcissist.

    But if you want "to find more about yourself and increase your self consciousness and to improve your people skills", you might be better finding a course at a Community College called, "Improving Your People Skills". Or you might attend a Counselling Unit at your school or college or University and simply ask them to help you improve your people skills.

    MBTI will simply lead you into circular reasoning and confirmation bias.

    This is very poor training for those who want to increase their people skills.

    This is very true. I only hang around here because I ahve nothing better to do
    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh? wgah'nagl fhtagn

  6. #6
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,531

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Uh oh, this thread got Vic-Rolled.
    Normally I don't answer insults like this.

    But insulting me rather than answering my concerns has become a habit here.

    Insulting me of course meets your emotional need but the price we all pay is not dealing with the issues.

    But worse insulting me covers up what MBTI is.

    And I think school girls and school boys still dependent financially and emotionally on their parents have a right to know what MBTI is before they join.

    To attempt to keep them and their parents in the dark by insulting me over and over again, it seems without intervention by the moderators, only help to recruit them into the cult without their knowing.

    Rather than continuing to insult me, let us open the doors and windows and let in the light.

  7. #7
    Systematic chaos Cenomite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    623

    Default

    The man has some good points
    The probability that I was procrastinating when I was typing this post:

    P(have big assignment due) = 0.6
    P(posting on TypoC) = 0.2
    P(having big assignment due | posting on TypoC) = 0.7

    P(posting on TypoC | having big assignment due) = .......


    Eh, I'll finish it later.

  8. #8
    Member attetude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    xxxx
    Posts
    43

    Default

    This thread makes no sense. I actually posted this? I blame beer, but I might have some points.

  9. #9
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,531

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Valuable_Money View Post
    This is very true. I only hang around here because I ahve nothing better to do
    I'm glad you are alive and so am I.

    And there are better things to do. This site is no longer called MBTI Central, rather it is now called Typology Central. And in particular it is psychological typology.

    Typology of course covers many fields such as the typology of language, and typology is used in many of the natural sciences, and of course typology of the psyche in psychology.

    Typology is a legitimate discipline. And it is only its use in MBTI that brings it into disrepute.

    But perhaps our goal should be to find something that catches your interest and help you pursue it.

  10. #10
    Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    7,917

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Normally I don't answer insults like this.

    But insulting me rather than answering my concerns has become a habit here.

    Insulting me of course meets your emotional need but the price we all pay is not dealing with the issues.

    But worse insulting me covers up what MBTI is.

    And I think school girls and school boys still dependent financially and emotionally on their parents have a right to know what MBTI is before they join.

    To attempt to keep them and their parents in the dark by insulting me over and over again, it seems without intervention by the moderators, only help to recruit them into the cult without their knowing.

    Rather than continuing to insult me, let us open the doors and windows and let in the light.
    I enjoy your posting style and your contribution to the diversity of the forum.

    Though, the MBTI=cult connection has become redundant.

    And repetition induces a trance. As you once said.

    These are the things propaganda rely upon.

    The truth needn't not repeating.

Similar Threads

  1. Using MBTI as an Excuse
    By Smilephantomhive in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 06-20-2017, 09:51 AM
  2. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-29-2009, 09:13 PM
  3. [MBTItm] Corporate America using mbti....
    By BlackOp in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 11-07-2008, 01:37 PM
  4. MBTI as Cognitive Therapy?
    By ThatGirl in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 09-28-2008, 10:49 PM
  5. Do you use MBTI professionally?
    By dnivera in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-28-2008, 09:42 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO