• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Using MBTI as a way... FFUUUUUU

attetude

MBTI Type
xxxx
I joined the type community to find more about myself and increase my self concousness, and to improve my people skills.

Now I find myself explaining my failures with MBTI, instead of improving my shortcomings. FFUU-. Anyone else with this?

Mole

Permabanned
I joined the type community to find more about myself and increase my self concousness, and to improve my people skills.

Now I find myself explaining my failures with MBTI, instead of improving my shortcomings. FFUU-. Anyone else with this?

MBTI is a cult based on an invalid and unreliable personality test.

So MBTI has the advantage of meaning whatever you want it to mean.

This has definite appeal to the narcissist.

But if you want "to find more about yourself and increase your self consciousness and to improve your people skills", you might be better finding a course at a Community College called, "Improving Your People Skills". Or you might attend a Counselling Unit at your school or college or University and simply ask them to help you improve your people skills.

MBTI will simply lead you into circular reasoning and confirmation bias.

This is poor training for those who want to increase their people skills.

Last edited:

Valuable_Money

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w6
MBTI is a cult based on an invalid and unreliable personality test.

So MBTI has the advantage of meaning whatever you want it to mean.

This has definite appeal to the narcissist.

But if you want "to find more about yourself and increase your self consciousness and to improve your people skills", you might be better finding a course at a Community College called, "Improving Your People Skills". Or you might attend a Counselling Unit at your school or college or University and simply ask them to help you improve your people skills.

MBTI will simply lead you into circular reasoning and confirmation bias.

This is very poor training for those who want to increase their people skills.

This is very true. I only hang around here because I ahve nothing better to do

Mole

Permabanned
Uh oh, this thread got Vic-Rolled.

Normally I don't answer insults like this.

But insulting me rather than answering my concerns has become a habit here.

Insulting me of course meets your emotional need but the price we all pay is not dealing with the issues.

But worse insulting me covers up what MBTI is.

And I think school girls and school boys still dependent financially and emotionally on their parents have a right to know what MBTI is before they join.

To attempt to keep them and their parents in the dark by insulting me over and over again, it seems without intervention by the moderators, only help to recruit them into the cult without their knowing.

Rather than continuing to insult me, let us open the doors and windows and let in the light.

attetude

MBTI Type
xxxx
This thread makes no sense. I actually posted this? :D I blame beer, but I might have some points.

Mole

Permabanned
This is very true. I only hang around here because I ahve nothing better to do

I'm glad you are alive and so am I.

And there are better things to do. This site is no longer called MBTI Central, rather it is now called Typology Central. And in particular it is psychological typology.

Typology of course covers many fields such as the typology of language, and typology is used in many of the natural sciences, and of course typology of the psyche in psychology.

Typology is a legitimate discipline. And it is only its use in MBTI that brings it into disrepute.

But perhaps our goal should be to find something that catches your interest and help you pursue it.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Normally I don't answer insults like this.

But insulting me rather than answering my concerns has become a habit here.

Insulting me of course meets your emotional need but the price we all pay is not dealing with the issues.

But worse insulting me covers up what MBTI is.

And I think school girls and school boys still dependent financially and emotionally on their parents have a right to know what MBTI is before they join.

To attempt to keep them and their parents in the dark by insulting me over and over again, it seems without intervention by the moderators, only help to recruit them into the cult without their knowing.

Rather than continuing to insult me, let us open the doors and windows and let in the light.

I enjoy your posting style and your contribution to the diversity of the forum.

Though, the MBTI=cult connection has become redundant.

And repetition induces a trance. As you once said.

These are the things propaganda rely upon.

The truth needn't not repeating.

Mole

Permabanned
I enjoy your posting style and your contribution to the diversity of the forum.

Though, the MBTI=cult connection has become redundant.

And repetition induces a trance. As you once said.

These are the things propaganda rely upon.

The truth needn't not repeating.

The truth, as far as we know it, does need repeating. It is misinformation and insults that don't need repeating.

And the truth does need repeating as there is a constant stream of dependent school girls and school boys being recruited.

And it is simply right to tell them the truth as far as we know it.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
The truth, as far as we know it, does need repeating. It is misinformation and insults that don't need repeating.

And the truth does need repeating as there is a constant stream of dependent school girls and school boys being recruited.

And it is simply right to tell them the truth as far as we know it.

99% of people don't know what MBTI is, and with most of the people who do, it's just a passing interest.

So on no rational grounds can it be implicated in a grand conspiracy of any sort, can it?

So using language like "cult" seems a bit misleading to me.

Mole

Permabanned
99% of people don't know what MBTI is, and with most of the people who do, it's just a passing interest.

So on no rational grounds can it be implicated in a grand conspiracy of any sort, can it?

So using language like "cult" seems a bit misleading to me.

MBTI is immensely popular throughout the developed world. And it has been popular since WW II. It is even used extensively by business and the military, not to mention the many 'schools' that charge to teach it.

And MBTI rides on the back of the New Age Cult that has been popular since the beginning of the 20th Century.

And I agree with you that MBTI is not a conspiracy because it appeals to peoples natural needs and wishes.

However there is no rational basis for MBTI and as it fits so neatly into the New Age Cult, I think there is reason to call MBTI a cult.

What are you going to call it - a personality test?

Nizy

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
If only more people knew and understood the truth that MBTI provides. Discovering your type is liberating. No longer distracted by pursuits that are not befitting one's type but rather becoming empowered to focus on areas which your type is suited for.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
MBTI is immensely popular throughout the developed world. And it has been popular since WW II. It is even used extensively by business and the military, not to mention the many 'schools' that charge to teach it.

And MBTI rides on the back of the New Age Cult that has been popular since the beginning of the 20th Century.

And I agree with you that MBTI is not a conspiracy because it appeals to peoples natural needs and wishes.

However there is no rational basis for MBTI and as it fits so neatly into the New Age Cult, I think there is reason to call MBTI a cult.

Personality tests like MBTI are used in some institutions.

However an extremely low percentage of the regular population has any active interest in it.

No one really takes it that seriously, or seriously enough to warrant your language.

Who is the cult leader? And where do these people worship? Rites and ceremonies?

Jaguar

If only more people knew and understood the truth that MBTI provides. Discovering your type is liberating. No longer distracted by pursuits that are not befitting one's type but rather becoming empowered to focus on areas which your type is suited for.

Knowing who you really are is liberating.
That is something no one can give you in a 4-letter code.

iamathousandapples

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w6

Yes. I really don't understand this whole MBTI = cult thing. Maybe back then, but not now. No one really takes MBTI that seriously(At least not here anyways), and with all the free information on the internet it's become more of at least an identification system.

Heck, most of the things I read here are taken with a grain of salt MINIMUM. If anyone else doesn't, then I worry for them.

Mole

Permabanned
Who is the cult leader? And where do these people worship? Rites and ceremonies?

Good heavens, the cult leader is the Guru Carl Jung. And they worship themselves, after all this is a cult of the personality. And the rites and ceremonies are learning and repeating the jargon of MBTI over and over again, just like a ritual.

The claims of MBTI has been disproven over and over again but it makes no difference on the believers nor on their recruiting practices.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Good heavens, the cult leader is the Guru Carl Jung. And they worship themselves, after all this is a cult of the personality. And the rites and ceremonies are learning and repeating the jargon of MBTI over and over again, just like a ritual.

These are incredibly loose parallels that could be applied to any formal set of ideas. Like horoscopes, center-leftism, biology, baseball etc..

Frank

I agree that if little school boys and girls are being seduced into a cult based around mbti then there is a problem. I don't think that's the case however. Here in the U.S. very few people are conscious of it, and even fewer have a passing interest in it. Some people with an interest in self improvement may get a little enthused at first exposure to it but most quickly see it's limitations and uses. Most "serious" researchers in the field have moved beyond it and are looking for and working with theories other than MBTI.