User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    I enjoy your posting style and your contribution to the diversity of the forum.

Though, the MBTI=cult connection has become redundant.

And repetition induces a trance. As you once said.

These are the things propaganda rely upon.

The truth needn't not repeating.
    The truth, as far as we know it, does need repeating. It is misinformation and insults that don't need repeating.

And the truth does need repeating as there is a constant stream of dependent school girls and school boys being recruited.

And it is simply right to tell them the truth as far as we know it.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    The truth, as far as we know it, does need repeating. It is misinformation and insults that don't need repeating.

And the truth does need repeating as there is a constant stream of dependent school girls and school boys being recruited.

And it is simply right to tell them the truth as far as we know it.
    99% of people don't know what MBTI is, and with most of the people who do, it's just a passing interest.

So on no rational grounds can it be implicated in a grand conspiracy of any sort, can it?

So using language like "cult" seems a bit misleading to me.

99% of people don't know what MBTI is, and with most of the people who do, it's just a passing interest.

So on no rational grounds can it be implicated in a grand conspiracy of any sort, can it?

So using language like "cult" seems a bit misleading to me.
    MBTI is immensely popular throughout the developed world. And it has been popular since WW II. It is even used extensively by business and the military, not to mention the many 'schools' that charge to teach it.

And MBTI rides on the back of the New Age Cult that has been popular since the beginning of the 20th Century.

And I agree with you that MBTI is not a conspiracy because it appeals to peoples natural needs and wishes.

However there is no rational basis for MBTI and as it fits so neatly into the New Age Cult, I think there is reason to call MBTI a cult.

What are you going to call it - a personality test?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    iLi

If only more people knew and understood the truth that MBTI provides. Discovering your type is liberating. No longer distracted by pursuits that are not befitting one's type but rather becoming empowered to focus on areas which your type is suited for.

MBTI
    INTP

MBTI is immensely popular throughout the developed world. And it has been popular since WW II. It is even used extensively by business and the military, not to mention the many 'schools' that charge to teach it.

And MBTI rides on the back of the New Age Cult that has been popular since the beginning of the 20th Century.

And I agree with you that MBTI is not a conspiracy because it appeals to peoples natural needs and wishes.

However there is no rational basis for MBTI and as it fits so neatly into the New Age Cult, I think there is reason to call MBTI a cult.

Personality tests like MBTI are used in some institutions.

However an extremely low percentage of the regular population has any active interest in it.

No one really takes it that seriously, or seriously enough to warrant your language.

Who is the cult leader? And where do these people worship? Rites and ceremonies?

Quote Originally Posted by Nizy View Post
    If only more people knew and understood the truth that MBTI provides. Discovering your type is liberating. No longer distracted by pursuits that are not befitting one's type but rather becoming empowered to focus on areas which your type is suited for.
    Knowing who you really are is liberating.
    That is something no one can give you in a 4-letter code.

Senior Member iamathousandapples's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    ILI

Yes. I really don't understand this whole MBTI = cult thing. Maybe back then, but not now. No one really takes MBTI that seriously(At least not here anyways), and with all the free information on the internet it's become more of at least an identification system.

Heck, most of the things I read here are taken with a grain of salt MINIMUM. If anyone else doesn't, then I worry for them.

Who is the cult leader? And where do these people worship? Rites and ceremonies?
    Good heavens, the cult leader is the Guru Carl Jung. And they worship themselves, after all this is a cult of the personality. And the rites and ceremonies are learning and repeating the jargon of MBTI over and over again, just like a ritual.

The claims of MBTI has been disproven over and over again but it makes no difference on the believers nor on their recruiting practices.

MBTI
    INTP

Good heavens, the cult leader is the Guru Carl Jung. And they worship themselves, after all this is a cult of the personality. And the rites and ceremonies are learning and repeating the jargon of MBTI over and over again, just like a ritual.
    These are incredibly loose parallels that could be applied to any formal set of ideas. Like horoscopes, center-leftism, biology, baseball etc..

I agree that if little school boys and girls are being seduced into a cult based around mbti then there is a problem. I don't think that's the case however. Here in the U.S. very few people are conscious of it, and even fewer have a passing interest in it. Some people with an interest in self improvement may get a little enthused at first exposure to it but most quickly see it's limitations and uses. Most "serious" researchers in the field have moved beyond it and are looking for and working with theories other than MBTI.