User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 52

  1. #21
    Freshman Member simulatedworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    5,554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    Lol that wasn't what I was doing.
    Good. Fortunately it seems I was mistaken.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

  2. #22
    Obsession. Lethe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    MBTI
    iNtJ
    Enneagram
    152 so/sx
    Socionics
    INTp Ni
    Posts
    801

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    It says I'm an INFJ, but it's SO close to INTJ that I only have to move the Fe/Fi slider two positions to the left to get it to say INTJ instead. One position over, and it's already switched to INxJ. So I'm literally two/three points on a slider away from being INTJ. Ironically, the main thing that keeps me from being one seems to be my lack of Fi and preference for Ti. If it were even a little stronger, I'd apparently be one. Oh, and not only that... if I moved the Ni/Ne slider two positions toward Ne instead, I'd be ENTP. Freaky.
    On the T+F vs S+N slider, if I move to the T+F side by one point, I'd get ENTJ. If I move to the S+N side (or keep it in the middle of the T/F vs S/N), I'd get INTJ. Hmmmm.

    *Edit: The Ni decreases on the T+F side. Heh, didn't see that.
    "I cannot expect even my own art to provide all of the answers -- only to hope it keeps asking the right questions." -- Grace Hartigan

    Enneagram: Tritype - 1w9, 5 (balanced wings), 2w3; Overall Variant: So/Sx
    SLOAN: rCoa|I|
    Functional Preferences: Ni, Te/Fi, Ti, Se, Fe, Si, Ne


    Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    Looking into the eyes of a [Ni user] is like peeking through a portal into a parallel universe.

  3. #23
    Protocol Droid Athenian200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    8,828

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lethe View Post
    On the T+F vs S+N slider, if I move to the T+F side by one point, I'd get ENTJ. If I move to the S+N side (or keep it in the middle of the T/F vs S/N), I'd get INTJ. Hmmmm.

    *Edit: The Ni decreases on the T+F side. Heh, didn't see that.
    I didn't mess with that slider, but I found if I move towards the T+F side, I get INTP.

    So...

    Moving two points towards Fi OR Te = INTJ

    Moving two points towards Ne = ENTP

    Moving four points towards T+F = INTP

    That means that, if I've got this right, you're an INTJ who's on the border of being an ENTJ, while I'm an INFJ who stands near a border with every NT type EXCEPT ENTJ. That's an interesting parallel/inversion there.

    Interestingly enough, ENTJ is the most symbolic of the NT qualities that make me certain I'm not one: Practicality, drive, belligerence and bluntness. All NTs, even INTPs, have a part of those ENTJ qualities, but whatever it is their nature adds to NTs, it's something I can't stomach while they can.

  4. #24
    Obsession. Lethe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    MBTI
    iNtJ
    Enneagram
    152 so/sx
    Socionics
    INTp Ni
    Posts
    801

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    I didn't mess with that slider, but I found if I move towards the T+F side, I get INTP.

    So...

    Moving two points towards Fi OR Te = INTJ

    Moving two points towards Ne = ENTP

    Moving four points towards T+F = INTP

    That means that, if I've got this right, you're an INTJ who's on the border of being an ENTJ, while I'm an INFJ who stands near a border with every NT type EXCEPT ENTJ. That's an interesting parallel/inversion there.

    Interestingly enough, ENTJ is the most symbolic of the NT qualities that make me certain I'm not one: Practicality, drive, belligerence and bluntness. All NTs, even INTPs, have a part of those ENTJ qualities, but whatever it is their nature adds to NTs, it's something I can't stomach while they can.
    Yeah, I don't have a lot in common with the NTPs. No matter how much I move the sliders within my comfort zone, I could never get a NTP anything. The only other two results I could get are ISTP (move 3 points towards the "Ti vs. Te" side) and ISFP (move 2 points towards the F on the "T vs. F" scale).

    <By order of preference:>

    1. INTJ
    2. ENTJ - 1 point towards "T+F" side; "T+F vs. S+N" scale
    3. ISTP - 3 points towards the "Ti" side; "Ti vs. Te" scale
    4. ISFP - 2 points towards the "F" side; "T vs. F" scale

    I was pondering about the ISTPs before and it's no wonder why I best relate to the ISTP type from the TP group. I often use their cognitive style to build a stronger connection to introverted thinking, because it was very difficult to use the NTP's approach as a starting point. And the same goes for learning Se -- the other three SP's application of it seems so far removed from my version of pragmatism. However, once I gained some Se knowledge/skill (via the ISTP), I could see the Se benefits in the rest.
    "I cannot expect even my own art to provide all of the answers -- only to hope it keeps asking the right questions." -- Grace Hartigan

    Enneagram: Tritype - 1w9, 5 (balanced wings), 2w3; Overall Variant: So/Sx
    SLOAN: rCoa|I|
    Functional Preferences: Ni, Te/Fi, Ti, Se, Fe, Si, Ne


    Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    Looking into the eyes of a [Ni user] is like peeking through a portal into a parallel universe.

  5. #25
    Senior Member Nonsensical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4
    Posts
    4,010

    Default

    Wow, thanks Evan. Great program!
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

  6. #26
    AKA Nunki Polaris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    451 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp Ni
    Posts
    1,373

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    The fact that it "can't decide" which of the four INxx types you are simply reveals that you can't decide which of the four INxx types you are, not that you're just magically 99% borderline between all four.

    People in general vastly overestimate how "borderline" they are because they want to sound balanced, but in reality, being truly "on the border" between any dichotomy other than I/E is incredibly rare/almost impossible. Chances are you don't understand enough function theory yet to have accurately determined your own type--this doesn't mean you don't have one.

    P.S., in my self-described expert opinion based on about four of your posts, my preliminary guess is INFJ. But this really can't be tested and there's no way for me to find out how accurate my assessment is without spending a LOT of time talking to you and getting to know you. You answer 70 pre-formatted multiple choice questions and expect to get an accurate answer on your inner psyche? Not happening.
    I agree that it ultimately comes down to your judgment and understanding; a test is just a tool to help you think about yourself in ways you wouldn't otherwise consider. In my case, I've decided that I'm an INFP who places a lot of value on Ti and Ni, which has allowed me to develop those functions. Because they come easily to me, I'm pretty similar to the other INs, even though my core type is INFP. (Also, I do know function theory, and very thoroughly.)

    Okay. . . Now I need to think of something relevant to the test, or else this will get off-topic. Well no, I'll just point you to my thread in "What's my Type?" If you want to discuss that aspect of my post, I mean, and you probably shouldn't since I've already decided my type.
    [ Ni > Ti > Fe > Fi > Ne > Te > Si > Se ][ 4w5 sp/sx ][ RLOAI ][ IEI-Ni ]

  7. #27
    Senior Thread Terminator Aerithria's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    568

    Default

    Interesting. If I move the scale two points away from Ni, I'd turn from INTJ to xNTx. Otherwise, it'd take five points on the various scales to take me to INFJ, ISTJ, ESFP and ENFP.
    [insert funny quote/saying/etc.]

  8. #28
    garbage
    Guest

    Default

    This thing says that I'm ENxP.. the difference of one more "click" toward T on the T vs. F scale pegs me as either T or F.

    It's a neat application to play around with!

  9. #29

    Default

    That's a really cool app to play with. I got a fluctuating ISFP/ESFP as I played with it.

  10. #30
    Freshman Member simulatedworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    5,554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nunki View Post
    I agree that it ultimately comes down to your judgment and understanding; a test is just a tool to help you think about yourself in ways you wouldn't otherwise consider. In my case, I've decided that I'm an INFP who places a lot of value on Ti and Ni, which has allowed me to develop those functions. Because they come easily to me, I'm pretty similar to the other INs, even though my core type is INFP. (Also, I do know function theory, and very thoroughly.)

    Okay. . . Now I need to think of something relevant to the test, or else this will get off-topic. Well no, I'll just point you to my thread in "What's my Type?" If you want to discuss that aspect of my post, I mean, and you probably shouldn't since I've already decided my type.
    If you value Ti and Ni so highly, you are almost certainly not an INFP.

    No offense, but if you think that, your functional understanding is not nearly as thorough as you think it is.

    The self-image of many NPs is based almost entirely on Ne skills, and so when they hear basic description of what Ni is they think "wow yeah questioning stuff and changing perspectives yeah man that's totally me!"

    I don't blame you; I still have difficulty understanding Ni myself, but--most people I've seen who emphasize Ni and Ti as the top two are just really antisocial INFJs with malfunctioning auxiliary Fe. (That or INxPs who have incorrectly labeled themselves because they can't stop mistaking their Ti for Ni--I mean, Ni just sounds so cool and smart and deep, how could it NOT apply to INxPs???)

    Most of the problem is a result of bad function description/poorly written and misleading attempts to "test" your type/function usage like the one in this thread.

    Seriously, that shit gives you a very very very vague idea at best of which archetype you might fit. Saying things like "I'm an INFP who values Ti and Ni really highly" is just absurd and probably indicates gaps in your theoretical understanding.


    Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    Hey so I just learned actionscript and decided to write a program that shows how to convert functions to MBTI code. The cool thing about it is that you can drag around sliders and see how close different types are to each other.

    Anyways, here's a link (I have no idea if this is kosher, but whatever).

    http://www.fogmagazineonline.com/MBTI.swf
    Ummm....why exactly is this necessary in the first place? Here's all the conversion you'll ever need:

    xNxP = Ne
    xNxJ = Ni
    xSxP = Se
    xSxJ = Si

    xxTP = Ti
    xxTJ = Te
    xxFP = Fi
    xxFJ = Fe

    There ya go, just saved you hours of coding/test-taking.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

Similar Threads

  1. Give Functions Or Types To Each
    By astrotheologian in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-20-2017, 12:24 PM
  2. [JCF] Functions of Type – Activities To Develop The Eight Jungian Functions
    By highlander in forum Typology and Psychology Book Reviews
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-15-2014, 12:24 AM
  3. Explain the cognitive functions to me
    By Colors in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-31-2012, 10:40 PM
  4. Trying to type an ISTP/ISTJ
    By DaRick in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 01-05-2008, 07:56 PM
  5. Forward thinking - and how it relates to type?
    By TenebrousReflection in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-20-2007, 01:06 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO