User Tag List

MBTI
    INTP

Default A couple of questions: typing, confusion, sex

Hello everyone,
    This is to be my first post. I've done several typecasting tests a while ago and was surprised with what they told me about myself, even a little uncomfortable by their accuracy in some cases.

I'm posting a couple of questions because those who have been here a while have obviously gathered more knowledge and experience on the topic(s) by virtue of study and discussion, and can probably offer me a little bit of insight into myself, others and also simply to satisfy my curiousity.
    Your commentary is appreciated

1. Do people often confuse your type with another? I.e., do people judge you for something you are not?

I am often judged in certain social situations with certain types of people (if the mood has struck me) as extremely extroverted and sociable. Some people can't (or don't) entertain the possibility that I'm generally an introvert even when I tell them. On the flip side, in other situations I shut up and try to interact with those around me as minimally as possible, and am mistaken for a social retard. And yet with others I get into endless discussions that are sometimes a bit too heated. I can't "mix" my personas or let part of one show in another situation. Is this a common "problem" for INTPs or does it occur in all types?

2. Typing and sexual selection. What kind of a mate excites your type the most and is there a good explanation behind this?

I find that I'm either turned on (probably superficially) by observing/talking to women who exude high sexual energy somehow, either through talk or body language.
    In a completely different way, I think, though I'm not sure (and this is the question plaguing me for the past week) that I am attracted to women who are a little bit complex (?), structured/firm (planning wise), reliable, socially adept/extraverted, positive in their outlook who can also pay some attention to or challenge my ramblings. Is this a specific type I have in mind or is it too general? I also tend to be picky with physical form -- is this common to INTPs or am I just shallow?

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by lardman64 View Post
    1. Do people often confuse your type with another? I.e., do people judge you for something you are not?

I am often judged in certain social situations with certain types of people (if the mood has struck me) as extremely extroverted and sociable. Some people can't (or don't) entertain the possibility that I'm generally an introvert even when I tell them. On the flip side, in other situations I shut up and try to interact with those around me as minimally as possible, and am mistaken for a social retard. And yet with others I get into endless discussions that are sometimes a bit too heated. I can't "mix" my personas or let part of one show in another situation. Is this a common "problem" for INTPs or does it occur in all types?
    Not exactly answering your question but consider ENTP, they are often mistaken for introverts (by themselves and others) due to more common definitions of being quiet vs loud etc which has nothing to do with MBTI definitions. Irl I'm sure most people would consider me introverted even though I'm ENTP. Intro/Extro in MBTI is purely about where your focus and energy is drawn from.

Welcome btw.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I read sex in the OP, so who is on ?
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    xxxx

I indeed have been mistaken for an extravert by random strangers before, yes. Of course, it's all a completely conscious effort to be that sociable. I have to put effort into resisting the urge to go to some quiet place without another person in sight and read a book.
    If a deaf INFP falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

MBTI
    entp

Quote Originally Posted by lardman64 View Post

2. Typing and sexual selection. What kind of a mate excites your type the most and is there a good explanation behind this?
    i feel sure that noone in my life except maybe my mom would be correctly able to type me unless i told them. what i think people would type me as:
    at times INTJ, at times ENFP
    sometimes ESTP

i was very much confused with ENxP but retrospection, introspection, and a few sites on the internet led to ENTP

for the second qquestion, check NT Rationale and Relationships

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    I read sex in the OP, so who is on ?
    Pervert.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

My family doesn't know much about MBTI, but they describe me as "logical", "unsentimental", and "not warm" (nice way to say cold).
    This all sounds very T. However, to people outside my family, I think I come across a little warmer and softer. My family is just very Fe biased and they misunderstand Fi. At the same time, they acknowledge I am sensitive and a bit temperamental.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe