• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

S drawn to science?

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
This describes most of my involvement in the sciences:

"I will kiss the girl from Venus
Thou hast died and so will I!
I will kiss the girl from Venus
...for science!!"

Engler

MBTI Type
Enneagram
N/A
This describes most of my involvement in the sciences:

"I will kiss the girl from Venus
Thou hast died and so will I!
I will kiss the girl from Venus
...for science!!"

...So, in other words, you are fully willing to act experimentally, so that science may observe your behavior, and develop explanations accordingly?

:thinking:

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
I think science relies on a good number of ISTJs. Because.. someone has to write all that shit down.

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
...So, in other words, you are fully willing to act experimentally, so that science may observe your behavior, and develop explanations accordingly?

:thinking:

I don't know, I just think the girl from Venus is pretty effin' hot.

ygolo

My termites win
I am an engineer, and most of my friends in college were ISTs (ISTPs mostly). At work, again, many IST (more ISTJs), but I've noticed that work has a higher contingent of NTs than at school...not sure if that means anything.

In general, the technical fields are very diverse. They draw from basically every culture, and I'm sure every personality type.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
There are plenty of Sensors in science/engineering/computers.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^Yes, ygolo. ISTPs rule engineering. And every other person you run into in your typical biology or chemistry lab will be ISTJ. Or INT.

Ozz

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Most SJs were interested in Math (although few people voted).
When I first look at this line, I was like... what? :huh: Then I realized that the meaning of "math" changes depending on what stage of the school system the person is in.

High school:
exponents and logs - fairly easy memorization stuff

Post secondary:
Calculus - getting harder - half memorization and half understanding
linear algebra - a lot less memorization and a lot more understanding (subspace of kernel... what?)

Noamdofthehills

In general, the technical fields are very diverse. They draw from basically every culture, and I'm sure every personality type.

Thankfully I haven't met any ESFJs in my science career yet. It would be like my childhood all over again... *shudder*