• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type and perception of facial expression poll

Is the person in this photo angry? (If unsure, choose your best guess.)

• I am Fe-dominant. Yes.

Votes: 8 10.3%
  • I am Fe-dominant. No.

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • I am Fi-dominant. Yes.

Votes: 11 14.1%
  • I am Fi-dominant. No.

Votes: 13 16.7%
  • I am Te-dominant. Yes.

Votes: 5 6.4%
  • I am Te-dominant. No.

Votes: 6 7.7%
  • I am Ti-dominant. Yes.

Votes: 14 17.9%
  • I am Ti-dominant. No.

Votes: 19 24.4%

• Total voters

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP
Is the person in this photo angry?

Clarification: This poll is about the judging function, but I didn't intend to leave out those with a dominant perceiving function. If your perceiving function (S or N) is dominant, please respond as if your secondary (judging) function is the dominant function. Adding on another 8 choices would cumbersome and contrary to the purpose of the poll.

selfportrait01_b.jpg

Usehername

On a mission
Um, I'm Ni dom. Apparently I don't exist. :( ;)
Edit: actually, you missed every dominant perceiver. And shouldn't perceiving be the dominant function for "knowing" what you're feeling? Or did you want us to decide with our judging functions?

Oom

Your time is gonna come.
MBTI Type
IsfP
Enneagram
5w4
Nah, you just caught him at the wrong angle.

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP
Um, I'm Ni dom. Apparently I don't exist. :( ;)
Edit: actually, you missed every dominant perceiver. And shouldn't perceiving be the dominant function for "knowing" what you're feeling? Or did you want us to decide with our judging functions?

Se fail on my part. :doh: ;)

Thanks for pointing this out. :) I edited to clarify that the poll was about the judging function.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Not angry but definitely not friendly. I don't know what I would call it - unwelcoming for sure, but passively.

Are you more interested in anger/not anger, or positive/negative impression?

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I know the answer already, can I cheat?

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Not angry, just psycho. :blush:

Seriously need to take the pic from a different angle. A smile wouldn't hurt as well. ;)

luminous beam

♪♫♪♫♪♫
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
what's the right answer?! i say not angry.

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
He's posing for the camera. the muscles on his face are not engaged in a way I perceive as anger.
But it's an interesting question. It made me realize that I que into more than just facial expression when I make those judgements.

Usehername

On a mission
I've seen my INTP friend make this expression, it's usually followed by an endearing smile when he sees me catching him in Ti focus. If I saw someone was "in the zone" I'd presume nothing of that expression. However, from the photo alone without context, it does look angry.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My first impression is angry. :yes:
I get a general "negative mood" vibe from the photo, not a neutral or happy vibe.

I've known a lot of INTPs who can look quite intense for their neutral face (it's the eyes!), but I never mistook it for angry as I see here.

Honestly, I've had many people tell me I am portraying some negative emotion when I am in neutral face mode, and I'm not really sure why either. I find I have to go around smiling like a moron to offset it. :D

hokie912

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
The fact that it's posed as a question like this might lead more people to say "not angry" while they might have perceived anger if they actually encountered the person.

That said, I said "not angry." The guy's not happy, but I don't get a specific angry vibe.

I'm curious to know what the OP's hypothesis is.

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
I voted yes to anger... but this was my thought patterns.

First glance, it was a stare. Then I stared at it and it seems to reflect anger. But then again I think it's only because the image is static. If a person hold that look for a period of time, then yes it's anger... but with a picture, you only have a snapshot and not a reference time frame. Therefore the person in the picture can be either.

T

ThatGirl

He looks focused to me.

On what?

Can't tell that from a picture.