User Tag List

View Poll Results: Is the person in this photo angry? (If unsure, choose your best guess.)

Voters
80. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am Fe-dominant. Yes.

8 10.00%
  • I am Fe-dominant. No.

3 3.75%
  • I am Fi-dominant. Yes.

11 13.75%
  • I am Fi-dominant. No.

13 16.25%
  • I am Te-dominant. Yes.

6 7.50%
  • I am Te-dominant. No.

6 7.50%
  • I am Ti-dominant. Yes.

14 17.50%
  • I am Ti-dominant. No.

19 23.75%
First 2345 Last

Where's the "I can't tell" option?

Did not vote.

MBTI
    INfP
    Enneagram
    5w4

He looks either bored or "excuse me wtf are you doing?"

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

I'm ISFJ and my first impression was yes, angry, but then I moved onto no, not angry after a few seconds of studying him.

Quote Originally Posted by noigmn View Post
    I got 10/10! I rule.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by laintpe View Post
    I think he looks like he is trying to look serious.
    Agreed.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

So what's the answer JAVO?
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

MBTI
    INTP

Not angry, just needs to take a shit.
    Why do we always come here?

I guess we'll never know.

It's like a kind of torture,
    To have to watch this show.

Default Answer and explanation

I took this self-portrait as an attempt to capture an expression which conveyed Ti. There were a few extreme impressions people got from the photo, which was an amusing surprise. The computer programming language inventor vs. serial killer test was especially amusing since I write software for a living.

The photo was taken indoors with existing window light and an artificial tree, but I did try to make it appear to be outdoors just to be more interesting and add to the mystery somewhat. The camera was a little below eye level, but I positioned myself to appear as if it were taken from above.

The scenario in my mind at the instant the photo was taken is that I am in the wilderness when a large predator suddenly appears on the trail ahead of me. I am confident rather than scared, but am engaging Ti to decide the best course of action. There is an adrenaline rush, which I was actually able to sense slightly by putting my mind into the scene. I suspect that the slight adrenaline rush activated the fight or flight response in various brain regions, and this resulted in somewhat of a "fight" expression due to engaging Ti and deciding to face the predator rather than escape. Doing this had the desired effect of creating an intense Ti expression, but also one which was complicated by a hint of aggressive annoyance.

Side note: About a week before I took this photo, I had a real encounter like this on the trail... with a skunk.

I was also very surprised that one person sent me a PM in which they were able to guess or intuit the expression being a reaction to a large predator.

Analysis of results
    I expected more Ti primary or secondary people to perceive the expression as not angry because it's a state of mind familiar to them. That appears to be the case, although a larger percentage of Ti's than I expected indicated an angry expression. I also didn't expect the nearly equal ratio of both Fi and Fe being divided over whether the expression was an angry one.
    Last edited by JAVO; 08-13-2009 at 11:26 PM. Reason: Added analysis of the results

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Awesome explanation! wow...that person who sent you the PM....what type? Besides, ExSP?
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram

The photo show a man who is not actually angry but wants us to believe he is. He is faking his anger. He probably never expressed authentic anger his whole life [conjecture]. He looks to be posing for the camera. My strong Fe senses that within this moment, it would be congruent to vote vote pissed off, rather than something else.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

It's impossible to know what your face would look like if you weren't aware a picture was being taken, though, JAVO... so your results don't really mean anything.