User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The REAL differences between introversion and extroversion

A Benign Tumor Array PoprocksAndCoke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    In reality, however, introverts are not closed-minded, and extraverts are not flippant; we just process information differently.
    "In order for the light to shine so brightly, the darkness must be present." -Francis Bacon

"No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible." -George Chakiris

I know for myself when I am working through a problem I like to think out loud. I can figure out the problem on my own but I like to talk it through and have someone listen. Which seems kinda of crazy because I already have figured it out in my head. Just hearing it re-enforces it. I know the introver I am close to is the exact opposite. She likes to be alone and figure it out and might talk to me after she has figured it out. Sometimes she will talk through it when it is just me. For me I might talk it out with 4 or 5 people. Hope that made sense.
    I am male. Don't hold it against me.

Talking about things before I've figured them out just confuses me. It makes me doubt myself.

I guess that's part of why I get confused when the extroverts I know are always asking for advice or asking my opinion. It's like, uhh, haven't you thought about it? But I know they just need to bounce it off somebody. Not that I don't ever do this, but as I said, it just confuses me, makes me less sure of my decisions/direction.

I'll talk out loud to myself sometimes when I'm alone. But I suppose that's different...

I love to talk out loud and ask advice. It helps me to gather material to form whatever I am working on.