User Tag List

First 1234 Last

brainheart

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    My money is on an answer that determines overall "extrovertedness" on all functions of a given type.

In short, from my limited learning and experience in this field of study, I'd say there should be SOME way to rank order all types on potential for E/I.

For instance, at the poles, we would have:

ESTP = Most Extroverted
    INFJ = Least Extroverted

So here we are:

INFJ<----------------------------------------->ESTP

What's in the middle, and in what order?

Why?

My bet is that overall, the order goes something like:

INFJ<INTJ<INFP<INFP<-----??????????-----ESFJ>ESTJ>ESFP>ESTP

Discuss and thoughts.

Why would INFJ be most introverted when they've got that whole Fe thing going on?

I would think those with the introverted judging functions would be the most introverted while those with the extroverted judging functions would be the most extroverted.

I guess I see it as... introverts oriented by their internals, extroverts oriented by externals.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ENFp

Introverts need time to be alone and analyze themselves, and extroverts panic cut off from the world.
    "In order for the light to shine so brightly, the darkness must be present." -Francis Bacon

"No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible." -George Chakiris

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I thought that INTP was the least extroverted....

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ENFp

I think INTJ.
    "In order for the light to shine so brightly, the darkness must be present." -Francis Bacon

"No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible." -George Chakiris

Pumpernickel
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    I thought that INTP was the least extroverted....
    Yeah I would say so too.

MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    1w9 sx
    Socionics
    INTp Ni

INTP are the most introverted, INFJ usually tend to have a close batch of friends and are distant to everyone else, INTPs are detached from everyone including friends

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by human101 View Post
    INTP are the most introverted, INFJ usually tend to have a close batch of friends and are distant to everyone else, INTPs are detached from everyone including friends
    Where did you pull that from?

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by brainheart View Post
    Why would INFJ be most introverted when they've got that whole Fe thing going on?

I would think those with the introverted judging functions would be the most introverted while those with the extroverted judging functions would be the most extroverted.

I guess I see it as... introverts oriented by their internals, extroverts oriented by externals.
    The most introverted type would have to be the introvert with the most introverted extraverted function. Which I think is Ne. So, some form of INXP would be the most introverted type imo.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ENFp

Probably INTP - Ti vs. Fi, Ti is probably more skeptical of all things extraverted.

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by Pitseleh View Post
    This is what sealed ENFJ for me. I can't remember the resource though.

Extroversion and introversion fundamentally involves (1) where someone gets energy and (2) how that person processes information.

****EXTROVERTS****
    Extroverts get energy from being around people in unstructured settings. Often, simply being in the same room with other people energizes them. They are drained when being isolated or in an environment with incredibly structured interpersonal relationships. Often extroverts in these situations will find themselves picking at food, making random phone calls, or getting up and walking the halls in an attempt to re-energize themselves.

When it comes to processing information, it’s been said that if extroverts aren’t talking, they aren’t thinking. That isn’t too far from the truth. Extroverts are verbal processors—they talk about their ideas, tweak them as they talk, and then figure out what they’re thinking. This can be confusing for others because it can look like extroverts are forever changing their mind. Often an idea isn’t “real” until an extrovert has been able to brainstorm about it with other people. For them, interacting with people IS a worthy objective and a concrete task.

****INTROVERTS****
    Introverts, on the other hand, tend to get energy from being alone or working with people in very structured ways. This does NOT mean they are socially inept. It simply means interacting with people for extended periods of time, especially in unstructured settings, will usually drain them. They’ll often need to go to lunch alone or close their office door to re-energize.

When introverts process information, they do the processing internally. They’ll mull over an idea by themselves, polishing it, making it just right. THEN, they’ll be ready to share it with others. When they finally do verbalize their idea, it’s a finished product.
    Pits, you're marvelous. Yes, this describes the main difference very well.

See, when I talk about things, I'm playing with the ideas in my mind. This tendency used to drive my husband, who is an EXTREME introvert, bat-shit crazy because HE thought that once I had addressed it, I had already polished it in my brain and was presenting a course of action. This characteristic makes introverts THINK that extraverts are 'flippant' or 'flaky.'

On the other hand, my husband would present ideas only after they were processed, decided, and finished, which used to piss me off. Why? Because I thought that the presentation was throwing ideas on the table, we were opening something up for discussion. Then, it was clear that he had already made up his mind. So I was thinking - WHY SHARE IF YOU HAVE ALREADY DECIDED??? Seems very closed-minded to me.

In reality, however, introverts are not closed-minded, and extraverts are not flippant; we just process information differently.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.