First 34567 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    Wow, why haven't we really communicated before? We seem to look at typology in the same manner and seem to "get" the same stuff. I guess I just never knew that about you.
    Because your deficient Ne writes me off before listening to me. Lacking awareness of context or degree, tertiary Si is often too busy informing everyone of how whatever they've suggested doesn't apply in your personal direct concrete past experience.

No offense, just my perception.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    ENFJ

Well for me personally I'd have to say the N/S but of course each letter is shaped by the others. Functions and all that. But since N/S is the way we communicate and I'm an N. I have a natural easy flow with most N's. We just get each other I think. Now the matter of if we like each other is something completely different.
    for my life is slowed up by thought and the need to understand what I am living.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Socionics
    ENFj

Bumping this thread!

Here is an interesting study I've found a while back and want to hear what you guys/girls think about it.

PersonalityDesk - Resources - Compatibility and Your Myers-Briggs

Of course only a few hundred couples were used, so it wouldn't be as valad as thousands of couples.

On another note, some people say that the J/P preference is the most important. Do you guys mean that two Js or two Ps would get along better than a J and a P. I've read, and I'm sure you guys have read, that mirrors (ExxJ with IxxP or IxxJ with ExxP) make the perfect match. If that is true, then having a J/P difference would be a great thing.

It seems like the J/P preference is the most confusing one as that controls how the individual uses their other preferences. Js have the Fe, Te, Ni, Si while the Ps have the Fi, Ti, Ne, Se dom and aux.

Well, for different people certain letters are more important than others. That is what makes us great. I was just wondering if there was some other studies or experiences that show a patteren.

What ever type allows you to be open and honest with the most will be the best type for you in a romantic relationship. That is what I have to say about that.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

It appears that in my tiny group of serious relationships the only similar letter has been F.

My really close friends end up being T.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

p and J in my opinion. Often decides between whether there is ever a possibility to get along with each other or not
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

It depends on your type. 2 letters usually share the same amount of importance.

Ti dom - IT
    Ni dom - IN
    Ne dom - EN
    Te dom - TJ
    Fi dom - IF
    Si dom - IS
    Se dom - ES
    Fe dom - FJ
    Ti > Ne > Fi > Si > Te > Ni > Se > Fe

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Y

/unhelpful post
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    Damn new ENFJ for stealing my thread idea.
    I was getting to typing it out.
    I really was...

The most useful letter for relationships, (for me anyway)
    has been

F

(Todays letter is the letter F!!)

warmth and nurturing, compassion....
    I find that overuse of Te is a downfall.. Nobody wants a super efficient workaholic girlfriend with little emotional expression.

Ni has been destructive on the other end.. People blaming me for things I didn't do.. trying to draw meaning where there is none. Making absurd guesses as to what I'm thinking. That can be confusing and frustrating for someone whos pretty straightforward and honest!!
    so i take it shes no longer with the ENTJ....

MBTI
    IXFP

The least important I think is E/I. Even the most introverted person will open up when they feel accepted and supported. Every relationship should try to achieve that level of comfort.

The most important I think is P/J. P's generally should stick with P's and vice versa. In my opinion these functions determines our lifestyle the most. How organized we are, future planning, how we pass judgments about others, etc, etc.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Just look at socionics. They're all equally important, in the sense that the first 3 letters have to be the opposite and the last the same.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp