User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by nebbykoo View Post
    Hmm.

An experience over the weekend with my GF's brother (possibly ESTJ) and his family reminded me how important F is to maintaining personal relationships. Her bro seems to lack emotion and social grace. He simply doesn't know how to comport himself.
    He's actually a very kind and generous person, but his very cold exterior is taking a toll on his wife (maybe INFP/J) and there will be problems with his kids, if my own upbringing by a similarly constituted man is any indication.
    You know the people I get along the best with are F types. These are the types that feel the most comfortable around me. Dont compare SJs and SPs. SJs are alot different than SPs. You are more likely to find me around women than men.

There are ways to take care of F without actually being F.

MBTI
    I

Most important letter is probably E or I, because that's the one most popular (or well-known) personality trait. What I mean is one of the first things a person not familiar to MBTI can ask regarding personality is whether a person is outgoing or a loner. Also, I think F or T is very important, because it is behind most decision-making. Deciding with the head or the heart.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Most important (equally) I, E, S, N, F, T, J, P.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

Glycerine

My N is really strong but I find SPs to be really attractive. My E and J aren't that strong and I have a decent use of Ti (This is the function that saves me in school). However, I could see myself marrying a XXSP, XNTP, ENXJ, or an INFP. I guess S/N and P/J would be the most important for me.

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    I find it interesting that so many folks think that the S/N distinction is the most important. I don't. In fact, I think I may be attracted to some Ss (particularly SPs) because they get me out of my head. I don't know if I could get along with a partner if he was EXTREMELY S, but I honestly don't get the fixation with N.

Then again, my preference for P over J might strike others equally as odd.
    Not odd at all to me, I agree 100% and don't know where people get these examples from

From what I see in the real world NF/SP works well and two Ns become too intense and frustrated with each other

Maybe just an NF ideal but when put into practice things don't go as well as hoped

I'm attracted to Ps, so P/J is the most important to me

Maybe an introverted J though

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I don't really have a preference to be honest, E and I don't really make much of a difference except that E's make me get out more and get me to talk more, while I's I enjoy pretty much equally. We both think for a while and then start discussing something, then have a break, while an extrovert just talks and springs my mind into action to respond.

S and N... I could really care less.

T and F... I am biased toward being in the company of T's, but I like F's a lot too. It's all subjective to the person. I think it all boils down to the fact that I really dislike touchy feely and overly emotional people. But it doesn't matter that much.

P and J... I'm borderline on both so I could really care less. I honestly don't notice P and J really getting in the way of anything with my interactions with people. It just makes someone a certain way, and I can get along with P's and J's.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

I'm assuming by "important" you mean most fundamental difference between people.

And the answer is most definitely P vs. J.

I used to think it was S/N, but it's not--P/J is more fundamental because it's a question of the most basic organizational direction of one's life.

First of all you have to conceptualize the functions in terms of their Perceiving vs. Judging nature, so...

Ne/Se can be collectively referred to as "Pe"
    Ni/Si = Pi
    Te/Fe = Je
    Ti/Fi = Ji

The primary difference between Js and Ps is that Js use Je+Pi (or Pi+Je) and Ps use Pe+Ji (or Ji+Pe.)

The key is that the decisive, organizational drive is pointed outwardly for Js, while they maintain a more flexible private inner attitude--organizing their outer worlds into measurable goals is most important.

For Ps, the organizational drive is pointed inwardly, so they maintain a more flexible and spontaneous outward attitude--maintaining internally organized and consistent inner principles is most important.

So I propose we redistribute the "temperaments" as follows:

EPs: Pe+Ji
    IPs: Ji+Pe
    EJs: Je+Pi
    IJs: Pi+Je
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    I'm assuming by "important" you mean most fundamental difference between people.

And the answer is most definitely P vs. J.
    Ah yes, of course. I forgot about the difference in people versus how they effect me with what I posted.

So I propose we redistribute the "temperaments" as follows:

EPs: Pe+Ji
    IPs: Ji+Pe
    EJs: Je+Pi
    IJs: Pi+Je
    I've proposed this before, it would be helpful. I've been trying to work on them but I've come up blank with everything but IP, and then I have a little bit of stuff for the others. Eh.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    Ah yes, of course. I forgot about the difference in people versus how they effect me with what I posted.

I've proposed this before, it would be helpful. I've been trying to work on them but I've come up blank with everything but IP, and then I have a little bit of stuff for the others. Eh.
    I am actually writing a book on typology, compiling a bunch of my articles here and rewriting/editing into something cohesive that the average person could read and appreciate in everyday life. I think it's high time the many errors in the MBTI approach were formally corrected.

Introverts are actually a little more complex than Extroverts from one perspective because their dominant function contradicts the P/J attitude in their type.

This seems counterintuitive at first, but it's easy when you just conceptualize each Introverted type as its Extroverted equivalent with inverted priorities.

The P/J doesn't tell you whether you're dominant in a Perceiving or a Judging function; it tells you which of your two primary functions is extroverted/handles the outer world.

EPs are easy to describe because they epitomize P attitudes. Ne/Se are actually more similar to each other than they are to Ni/Si. They are very obviously random, spontaneous, adaptable and open to virtually any new experience just for its own sake. When they go into secondary Ji mode, they temporarily look like their IP cousins.

EJs epitomize J attitudes; they're outwardly directive and work best when they can organize others into their plans to produce results. When they go into secondary Pi mode, they temporarily look like their IJ cousins.

IPs are really just EPs with priorities reversed, so often it's difficult to distinguish which is which upon first meeting someone. You might see an INTP who just happens to be in secondary Ne mode that night, and easily mistake him for an ENTP because they look virtually the same. When IPs go into secondary Pe mode, they temporarily look like their EP cousins.

And so IJs are just EJs with priorities inverted; they use the same Je/Pi processes but spend more time in Pi mode, so that Pi becomes the dominant and Je the auxiliary. Naturally, IJs in secondary Je mode look temporarily like EJs. It's really that simple.

So remember:

xxxJ = Je + Pi (or Pi+Je)
    xxxP = Pe + Ji (or Ji+Pe)

Exxx = Xe + Xi
    Ixxx = Xi + Xe
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Wow, why haven't we really communicated before? We seem to look at typology in the same manner and seem to "get" the same stuff. I guess I just never knew that about you.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.