User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    Not IME. Frienships can be okay, but for romantic relationships not really. I go best with other strong intuitives, Ni or Ne.

For me, the order of importance is approximately, from greatest importance to least importance:

1. N/S (strong N)
    2. T/F = J/P (prefer someone who is fairly adept with both)
    3. E/I (If an E, not a strong one)
    Is that what you want or what works? Also is that based on you typing the person? People like to sit in there dominant function which means that an ISTP TiSeNiFe will sit alot in TiNi and can seem N and is really good at being N, but always doubts there N ability.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by poki View Post
    Is that what you want or what works? Also is that based on you typing the person?
    Both. My preferences because it works.

Most people I deal with on a daily basis have taken the MBTI. But I verify the results over time, because people mistype.

People like to sit in there dominant function which means that an ISTP TiSeNiFe will sit alot in TiNi and can seem N and is really good at being N, but always doubts there N ability.
    I don't know many ISTPs that seem like N, but I know ISFPs that do (and test as N types).

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    Both. My preferences because it works.

Most people I deal with on a daily basis have taken the MBTI. But I verify the results over time, because people mistype.

I don't know many ISTPs that seem like N, but I know ISFPs that do (and test as N types).
    Then you havnt really got to know an ISTP Our N is very guarded because we dont trust it. I initially tested as INTP.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I/E, for me.

I have a theory that for most people their strongest letter/the letter they identify most with will be the one they want shared. I just don't think I could (happily) handle the stress of living with an extrovert.

Also I kinda have the opposite opinion as poki, I think Ni works well with SeNi and Ne with SiNe, both because there seem to be more relationships like that and because I'm far more attracted/comfortable overall with Ni-types (INJs) than Ne types (INPs and especially ENPs).

I identify with TiNi more than TISe too, for what it's worth.
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by poki View Post
    Then you havnt really got to know an ISTP Our N is very guarded because we dont trust it. I initially tested as INTP.
    ...Yes, I have. I know several. They're pretty nice guys (I don't know the women that well). I was almost in a relationship with one so I know him very well, but that's another thread for another day.

Maybe ISTPs believe that they are N-like, but it doesn't come across to me that way. Makes sense if they are introverting their intuition.

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    I have a theory that for most people their strongest letter/the letter they identify most with will be the one they want shared.
    That works for me.

MBTI
    INxJ

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew_Z View Post
    I prefer F over M.
    Indeed, good sir.

OP: N/S

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Hmm.

An experience over the weekend with my GF's brother (possibly ESTJ) and his family reminded me how important F is to maintaining personal relationships. Her bro seems to lack emotion and social grace. He simply doesn't know how to comport himself.
    He's actually a very kind and generous person, but his very cold exterior is taking a toll on his wife (maybe INFP/J) and there will be problems with his kids, if my own upbringing by a similarly constituted man is any indication.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

I'm fairly balanced in I, F, and J. However, I'm pretty hardcore N.

So N over S is likely the most important with me. The others don't matter quite as much.

MBTI
    INXP

P v J. This is because it has the biggest impact on the function order, and in particular whether NS or TF are the external function that others interact with.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Socionics
    ENFj

Yea, I also agree with the strength of the letter. It makes sence to me that your strongest letter should match your partner's letter (ex: some one with a 100% J should be paired with another J).

It also makes sence to be paired with someone who shairs your dominit function.

For me, both my dominit function (Fe) and strongest letter (F). It would make sence I would get along better with another F in a relationship.

My younger cousin is an ENTJ with a 100% J and very weak everwhere else. It would make sence he would get along better with another J who also has a T in a relationship.

This may not be true with every case, but it makes sence to have things work this way.