• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What is the most paranoid type?

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
I tend to be a very suspicious and skeptical person and I'm curious if that is just an introverted trait. Is there any correlation between personality type and paranoia? If there is, what would be the most paranoid type?

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I tend to be a very suspicious and skeptical person and I'm curious if that is just an introverted trait. Is there any correlation between personality type and paranoia? If there is, what would be the most paranoid type?

It depends on what someone is getting paranoid about. (All types get paranoid to some degree... just about different things.)

I think many of the "conspiracy theorist" types do seem to mesh well with ISTJ, however (go on the 'net and look around at who is putting up hackneyed sites about all these sorts of things)... and their weakest function would be Ne, which lends itself to that.

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
It depends on what someone is getting paranoid about. (All types get paranoid to some degree... just about different things.)

I think many of the "conspiracy theorist" types do seem to mesh well with ISTJ, however (go on the 'net and look around at who is putting up hackneyed sites about all these sorts of things)... and their weakest function would be Ne, which lends itself to that.

I'm too much of a skeptic to be a true conspiracy theorist. I'm not closed to the ideas, but I'm not going to worry anymore than I have to. I'm usually paranoid about how people feel about me or what they might be thinking about me. Is that typical paranoia for an NF?

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
Js. Every paranoid person I've met has been a strong J. Differing types of it, and probably also to do with emotional stability, but I have never met a paranoid P.

Having said that, conspiracy theories seem to come from Ps... just without the paranoid (more the "I can't believe you fell for that man" as compared to "They are coming for me, they are coming for me!").

Maverick

MBTI Type
ENTJ
I'm usually paranoid about how people feel about me or what they might be thinking about me. Is that typical paranoia for an NF?

That's not being paranoid, that's having low self-esteem, being insecure and being self-conscious.

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP

Jennifer.
I am dissappointed.
You are usually extremely clear headed.

A paranoid gets paranoid about everything.
The very idea of paranoia.
The subject matter does not count.

Leonard made a song of a crushed marriage.
Find the song.
Listen to the words.

It is there.

Read Nikita Sergeyevich.
It is all translated in English.

He tells the story no one told before.

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
Js. Every paranoid person I've met has been a strong J. Differing types of it, and probably also to do with emotional stability, but I have never met a paranoid P.

Having said that, conspiracy theories seem to come from Ps... just without the paranoid (more the "I can't believe you fell for that man" as compared to "They are coming for me, they are coming for me!").
Exactly.

The conspiracy theorists may be wrong.
Not always.

Propaganda is a one way street.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I know an ENFP who appears to have paranoid moments that rival my own.

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
INFJ seems to be the most geared toward imagining the worst case scenario. I'm not sure if that would fall under paranoia, conspiracy theorist or something else.

FFF

Fight For Freedom
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
The most paranoid person I know is an ENTP.

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
That's not being paranoid, that's having low self-esteem, being insecure and being self-conscious.

Really? Hm...if that is the case then how does one go about improving self esteem?

INFJ seems to be the most geared toward imagining the worst case scenario. I'm not sure if that would fall under paranoia, conspiracy theorist or something else.

I knew somebody was going to say that!

:yim_rolling_on_the_ and I just realized that I just proved your point.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I once jokingly called Ni "the paranoid function."

I think INxJ's tend towards certain kinds of paranoia, but not conspiracy theories. More like obsessing over what could go wrong in a typical situation, or even suddenly worrying that an asteroid is going to hit, that someone is reading your documents, or watching you. Sometimes I hear a loud noise late at night, and I get really nervous, and wonder if it was a ghost, a burglar, or a tiger, and finally convince myself it's unlikely.

ladypinkington

Rubber Nipple Salesperson
MBTI Type
INFJ
INFJ definately- at least from personal experience,lol.

I believe that being paranoid helps to preserve my life,lol. There have been many times in my life where I was prepared for certain circumstances that inevitably did save my life as a result of my prepared paranoid imagination.
My imagination runs very rampant- I imagine every possible worst case scenario and then prepare for them in my head. I am Batman on crack with boobs,lol.

Also it is natural for me to think and assume that everyone is out to get me,lol.

I don't come up with conspiracy theories per sei but it is easy for me to accept them.
I do believe that the true three branches of govt. are hollywood, military and corporate. I am not joking.

Veneti

MBTI Type
XNTX
I remember seeing a post somewhere that "mass murders" are more likely to be INTJ.

Bit of a compliment really, all the other profiles seem to get caught... lol lol.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Oh. Is that where I get it from. (I have some INFJ motivations.)

Worse case scenario is not as bad as paranoia, in my experience.
W.C.S. is thinking and worrying about all the things that could possibly go wrong- while you are still safe.
There is some control to it because you still have the hope that things could turn out ok anyway.

Paranoia is more like being convinced the "bad thing" is happening right now.

I used to suffer from some paranoia as a child, I struggle with PTSD occasionally, and I have had a couple of panic attacks, but I'm not sure that is because of my type.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
The conspiracy theorists I know:
2 INFPs
1 INTP
1 ISTJ (though she's not as bad as the NPs)

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ISxJs are not paranoid. They're very passive. They are usually the ones who believe everything they watch on TV, such as the news and infomercials. An ISxJ's "paranoia" usually stems from outside forces which put thoughts into their heads. They're the type who caution others not to do something because "they" said it.

Dominant N's seem to be the most at risk for having full-blown paranoia. ENxPs and INxJs do indeed seem to be much more suspicious than others.

All the ENxPs I've ever known are extremely paranoid -- they tend to engage in conspiracy theories. INxJs tend to be paranoid, but they're likely to be the ones who "get others before they get them."

I don't think paranoia has to do with order of functions as much as it has to do with a person's natural outlook on life. Just because one has a negative outlook doesn't mean he's unhealthy.