User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

I'll second whoever said INFJ - every one I've known has been very prone to getting all kinds of odd ideas about why I don't contact them, if I don't do so with military-like regularity! And every time I've tried to help them with any problem by presenting possible solutions, they piss all over them by confidently predicting that it will all go wrong, there's no point and we're all doomed.

Having said that, ISTJ's, with inferior Ne, can be very paranoid too. The guy I mentioned in the ISTJ's gone wrong thread won't get any help with his OCD because he believes that if he tells people then they'll use it as a weapon against him and start planting the objects of his fears in his path all the time just for laughs.

The same could be said though of ISTP's, most I've known have been quite cynical and very much into those conspiracy type books and the 'worst case' I've known is convinced that everyone in the world is an asshole that's not worth bothering with, and writes people off within seconds of knowing them if he even detects that they're at all insincere - he cooks up all kinds of 'reasons' why they are, when to anyone else it's plainly obvious that theyr'e just nervous or shy - maybe it's inferior Ni that does that.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

A stressed out ENFP.

Under normal circumstances, an IXXJ type - though when these types experience it, it's more of a mellow consistent worrisome state rather than raving and delusional paranoia. Not nearly as extreme or wacked out as the stressed out ENFP. I have seen some INFPs be conspiracy theorist types but it's more an erroneous conceptual analysis vs an uncontrolled "everyone is out to get me" type paranoia.

Quote Originally Posted by ImNotTooPopular View Post
    The most paranoid person I know is an ENTP.
    Are you sure he's not an F? Can you describe in more detail? I see ENTPs as least likely to be paranoid, to the point of being foolhardy.

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    Oh. Is that where I get it from. (I have some INFJ motivations.)

Worse case scenario is not as bad as paranoia, in my experience.
    W.C.S. is thinking and worrying about all the things that could possibly go wrong- while you are still safe.
    There is some control to it because you still have the hope that things could turn out ok anyway.

Paranoia is more like being convinced the "bad thing" is happening right now.

I used to suffer from some paranoia as a child, I struggle with PTSD occasionally, and I have had a couple of panic attacks, but I'm not sure that is because of my type.
    I think INTJ's imagine the worst case scenario too. But with an INTJ their thinking function can bring them "back to reality" so to speak. INFJ's have less objectivity.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Personally, I mostly exist in my own little bubble of "If I try to be nice to everybody, then everybody will be indifferent and/or try to at least be civil to me."

When that bubble is burst for whatever reason and I feel as though "It's not safe out there!" I have trouble being, as T_L_L, says, objective about it. There is a spook around every corner and they are all in cahoots and out to get me and I probably deserve it.

Eventually I get my bubble back and things are fine. What I don't seem to have is anything in between.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    I think INTJ's imagine the worst case scenario too. But with an INTJ their thinking function can bring them "back to reality" so to speak. INFJ's have less objectivity.
    Ah. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    I think it's the reverse.

Paranoia stems from mis-understanding what people are actually thinking. INFJs are generally more accurate at reading what others are thinking or feeling and it's due to the fact they are more objective when it comes to reading people intentions and thoughts.

INTJs are far more likely to prejudge or misunderstand someone's motivations from erroneous analysis of the given situation.

INFJs are far more likely to be scared, however. Scared of creepy crawly things or bumps in the night.
    Last edited by meanlittlechimp; 10-05-2007 at 05:17 PM.

MBTI
    OMNi

Quote Originally Posted by meanlittlechimp View Post
    INTJs are far more likely to prejudge or misunderstand someone's motivations from erroneous analysis of the given situation.

INFJs are far more likely to be scared, however. Scared of creepy crawly things or bumps in the night.
    It would seem that paranoia in general could be associated with the Ni. Any attempt to understand another person's motivations, thoughts, or feelings is bound to drive someone up a wall. And of course, the Ni's ability to take in external stimuli and create patterns or possibilities that simply don't exist but feel real none-the-less, can be just as terrifying.

At work, I can often misinterpret people's motivations and just believe that people are out to get me. I can also remember when I was younger and I was by myself and I would look out a window I would always be certain that there was a pair of glowing red eyes staring back at me. Heck, not too long ago I absolutely refused to open the bathroom door for like 10 minutes because I had the overwhelming feeling that the antichrist or some demon was on the other side. Talk about an irrational fear.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by meanlittlechimp View Post
    Yes, but we're more rationally scared. All the creepy crawly things are things that happen to other people that we don't want happening to us. That's how I see it anyway. If anything, we're least likely to see ourselves as invincible...we're far more aware of our susceptibility to "bad things" than most people I suppose.

I guess it would be fair to say INFJs are naturally over-cautious, rather than paranoid.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    It would seem that paranoia in general could be associated with the Ni. Any attempt to understand another person's motivations, thoughts, or feelings is bound to drive someone up a wall. And of course, the Ni's ability to take in external stimuli and create patterns or possibilities that simply don't exist but feel real none-the-less, can be just as terrifying.

At work, I can often misinterpret people's motivations and just believe that people are out to get me. I can also remember when I was younger and I was by myself and I would look out a window I would always be certain that there was a pair of glowing red eyes staring back at me. Heck, not too long ago I absolutely refused to open the bathroom door for like 10 minutes because I had the overwhelming feeling that the antichrist or some demon was on the other side. Talk about an irrational fear.
    Interesting maybe it is an Ni thing. ENFPs tend to only get paranoid when under extreme stress and when they're unhealthy. Normally they're the farthest thing from paranoid.

I guess in normal situations, those with Ni are more likely to actually be paranoid.

I was equating paranoid to refer to fear of people but I guess it could apply to imaginary creatures as well. An infj friend once told me that she used to refuse to close her eyes in the shower because she would imagine scary things (if she recently saw a horror movie or had a bad dream the night before).

My INFJ gf freaks out if I hold a knife and wave it around, she can't even look at it. I figured I would just keep doing it with the hopes of desensitizing her, because the silliness of the fear. It didn't work and she wasn't amused.