User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

INFJ seems to be the most geared toward imagining the worst case scenario. I'm not sure if that would fall under paranoia, conspiracy theorist or something else.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

The most paranoid person I know is an ENTP.

MBTI
    OMNi

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    That's not being paranoid, that's having low self-esteem, being insecure and being self-conscious.
    Really? Hm...if that is the case then how does one go about improving self esteem?

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    INFJ seems to be the most geared toward imagining the worst case scenario. I'm not sure if that would fall under paranoia, conspiracy theorist or something else.
    I knew somebody was going to say that!

:yim_rolling_on_the_ and I just realized that I just proved your point.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I once jokingly called Ni "the paranoid function."

I think INxJ's tend towards certain kinds of paranoia, but not conspiracy theories. More like obsessing over what could go wrong in a typical situation, or even suddenly worrying that an asteroid is going to hit, that someone is reading your documents, or watching you. Sometimes I hear a loud noise late at night, and I get really nervous, and wonder if it was a ghost, a burglar, or a tiger, and finally convince myself it's unlikely.

Rubber Nipple Salesperson ladypinkington's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

INFJ definately- at least from personal experience,lol.

I believe that being paranoid helps to preserve my life,lol. There have been many times in my life where I was prepared for certain circumstances that inevitably did save my life as a result of my prepared paranoid imagination.
    My imagination runs very rampant- I imagine every possible worst case scenario and then prepare for them in my head. I am Batman on crack with boobs,lol.

Also it is natural for me to think and assume that everyone is out to get me,lol.

I don't come up with conspiracy theories per sei but it is easy for me to accept them.
    I do believe that the true three branches of govt. are hollywood, military and corporate. I am not joking.
    Me and hubby made an RPG Nutrition Game
    Play and Vote July 14th to Aug 14th
    http://www.appsforhealthykids.com/ap...ing-vegetables

MBTI
    XNTX

I remember seeing a post somewhere that "mass murders" are more likely to be INTJ.

Bit of a compliment really, all the other profiles seem to get caught... lol lol.

MBTI
    INTJ

Smile

Oh. Is that where I get it from. (I have some INFJ motivations.)

Worse case scenario is not as bad as paranoia, in my experience.
    W.C.S. is thinking and worrying about all the things that could possibly go wrong- while you are still safe.
    There is some control to it because you still have the hope that things could turn out ok anyway.

Paranoia is more like being convinced the "bad thing" is happening right now.

I used to suffer from some paranoia as a child, I struggle with PTSD occasionally, and I have had a couple of panic attacks, but I'm not sure that is because of my type.

MBTI
    INTJ

Smile

The conspiracy theorists I know:
    2 INFPs
    1 INTP
    1 ISTJ (though she's not as bad as the NPs)

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

ISxJs are not paranoid. They're very passive. They are usually the ones who believe everything they watch on TV, such as the news and infomercials. An ISxJ's "paranoia" usually stems from outside forces which put thoughts into their heads. They're the type who caution others not to do something because "they" said it.

Dominant N's seem to be the most at risk for having full-blown paranoia. ENxPs and INxJs do indeed seem to be much more suspicious than others.

All the ENxPs I've ever known are extremely paranoid -- they tend to engage in conspiracy theories. INxJs tend to be paranoid, but they're likely to be the ones who "get others before they get them."

I don't think paranoia has to do with order of functions as much as it has to do with a person's natural outlook on life. Just because one has a negative outlook doesn't mean he's unhealthy.

MBTI
    OMNi

Anyone want to guess what type this guy is?

YouTube - DR-DEAGLE EXPOSES THE NEW WORLD ORDER PART1