• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What do Ts get from Fs in a relationship?

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's obvious what Fs get from Ts, but what do Ts get from Fs?

T types please post! :D

d@v3

Perfect Gentleman! =D
MBTI Type
ISTJ
If you are talking about romantic relationship, then I would say the best benefit is physical affection or even just affection in general? :huh:

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^ I am very physically affectionate. Or just physical.

F's go out of their way to be in a relationship with me, so I get a relationship.

I also get forced to think of emotional things a little more.

I dated an ENFJ once. I got flowers, compliments and a pillow.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
But what do you GAIN? How do we balance you out? What specifically makes your life better with an F around?

Ever since I discovered the ENTJ-INFP pairing, I knew that it was awesome. But I could never think of what the ENTJ gains from it. So after months and months of thinking I was like "eh I'll make a thread". Perhaps this could be a nice learning experience for us all, especially the Fs (I think it's especially strange for the male Fs and what the female T gains).

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
We get little hearts that float over our heads like this: :wubbie:

F's are way sweeter and more conscientious than T's. Well developed Fs can be very soothing to be around, and are often the only types interested in cracking open my introverted thinker-ness to get to the gooey innards (this is not always appreciated, but it is educational). It's nice in it's own ways, and I've had some fantastic arguments with FJs in particular :blush:

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
My personal perspective (i.e. why I want to pair with an F):

I'm emotion-stupid.
You aren't.

Hence the balance. :D

Seriously, though - I sometimes don't have enough tact, while you guys have lots of it. I can't count the number of times that good advice given to me from an F has diffused a potentially bad interpersonal situation.

Plus, you guys are (usually) such nice people! Nice enough to deal with cold-hearted biznatches like us :) just kidding.

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
It's obvious what Fs get from Ts, but what do Ts get from Fs?

T types please post! :D

What do we get from T's??? Emotional grounding and equilibrium? Stock advice? People to fix our computers?

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Tbh, I don't really get a balance. I guess I can be pretty tactless, inappropriate, etc, but I think both T's and F's are good for me.

The key is if they can teach me, and I enjoy their company. Other than that, I think I am pretty fine without much to gain specifically from a relationship (romantic) with one.

I can have F friends for that, because you gain from more than just romantic relationships. If you are a very strong thinker, a feeler could lighten you up.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Ouh that questions is easy:

Love

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I'm not sure that I get anything more or less from an F man that I would get from a T man, as far as physical affection goes. I definitely have more misunderstandings with F men, so I learn more by default, I guess. I also get analyzed more, which is not something I really enjoy... You know, I guess these things aren't exactly positive from my perspective, but there are not so positive things with a T man as well. I just think all men are great, really. I guess I also agree with Antimony when she said that they are more apt to pursue, which is a plus. This has not been a helpful post. :doh:

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
We get little hearts that float over our heads like this: :wubbie:

F's are way sweeter and more conscientious than T's. Well developed Fs can be very soothing to be around, and are often the only types interested in cracking open my introverted thinker-ness to get to the gooey innards (this is not always appreciated, but it is educational). It's nice in it's own ways, and I've had some fantastic arguments with FJs in particular :blush:

That. Except FPs instead of FJs. ;)

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I'm not sure that I get anything more or less from an F man that I would get from a T man, as far as physical affection goes. I definitely have more misunderstandings with F men, so I learn more by default, I guess. I also get analyzed more, which is not something I really enjoy... You know, I guess these things aren't exactly positive from my perspective, but there are not so positive things with a T man as well. I just think all men are great, really. I guess I also agree with Antimony when she said that they are more apt to pursue, which is a plus. This has not been a helpful post. :doh:

I wish you a F man, who has the knack to bridge the gap to T-ness. It's unbelieveable how the F-world is like. Truly not in the slightest dream imagineable (and far out for me to be graspable)

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
Thanks for starting this thread, Blackcat! I have often wondered this. For Ts who are concerned we just want to get our egos stroked by this, it really isn't that. It's just that it doesn't seem as immediately clear what you get and the Ts we're friends with or hooked up with aren't as likely to tell us as we are to tell you.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I wish you a F man, who has the knack to bridge the gap to T-ness. It's unbelieveable how the F-world is like. Truly not in the slightest dream imagineable (and far out for me to be graspable)

I'm frightened.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
A reliable source of riboflavin.

A Schnitzel

WTF is this dude saying?
MBTI Type
INTP
Same thing we get from other Ts.

I don't need a feeler, but some are cool enough to date.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Same thing we get from other Ts.

I don't need a feeler, but some are cool enough to date.

I agree with this. I mean, most people I know (feelers or not) are pretty capable of being tactful, so I don't think anyone needs an "F" to learn that skill. In fact, the NTs that I know are more conscientious in social situations than most people in general. And I know some Fs (such as my ESFP sister) who offend people all the time.