• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What do Ts get from Fs in a relationship?

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
But what do you GAIN? How do we balance you out? What specifically makes your life better with an F around?

Ever since I discovered the ENTJ-INFP pairing, I knew that it was awesome. But I could never think of what the ENTJ gains from it. So after months and months of thinking I was like "eh I'll make a thread". Perhaps this could be a nice learning experience for us all, especially the Fs (I think it's especially strange for the male Fs and what the female T gains).

Warmth. Someone who doesnt run away when we're in a mood. Awareness of a whole level of reality we wouldn't have known of otherwise. A complementary intellect. Home is people for me, and I think that he could be someone I consider home. For a woman of my type, there arent a lot of men whod provide that without feeling the need to crush her first. Whereas I get the sense that if I were to fall in love with an INFP, the dynamic would be complex but binding nonetheless.

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
What exactly do you mean under "Social conscience" ?

To take other people into consideration when behaving in every day life.
Not in thinking nor logical way but in the means of sympathy and empathy.

Owl

desert pelican
MBTI Type
INTP
I often don't take the mental states of others into account in interpersonal interaction. Consequently, I've managed to piss a lot of people off. The F's in my life have groomed me--so to speak--and I'm now much more conscious of others. (I still couldn't read or predict others' mental states to save my life, but I'm learning.)

Ulaes

loopy
MBTI Type
crak
Enneagram
sax
company is company.

although... they are good at taking the F initative. on occasion ill have to exercise my own F to keep them happy and to keep the relationship which helps me become more balanced. also its easier for me to open up to someone who has already done the same to me. but perhaps it's a bit redunant for an intp to split people into Ts and Fs, everyone's a F compared to us.
also their empathetic thoughts can leave me awestruck.

at least i think thats what i think ...

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I've badgered my SO for the answer to this question several times in the past. It took him a while to get it formulated. I too, for the life of me, couldn't understand what such a capable, calm and confident man would need me for. The answer was:

"I get a break from my own brain and the world. You're both entertainment to take my mind of things and a safe haven from a demanding world. I can stop thinking for a moment, and just enjoy your warmth, silliness and the fact that you will hold me and care for me. You have a different view upon the world which I don't get. Somehow we end up at the same conclusion but you get there a whole other way. Only when you explain how, do I see how. I have no clue how it works, but somehow, it does for you. It fascinates me. And you provide insight in people, which can frustrate me like mad."

:blush:

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I think I'm realizing that what I get and what I get used to are two different things.

EDIT: basically, I get used to dealing with and placating other Fs.

Jasz

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
It's obvious what Fs get from Ts, but what do Ts get from Fs?

T types please post! :D

I learn to not always immediately jump into problem solving mode when approached with someone being upset. I learn to listen and relate to people instead of focusing solely on issues.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm dating a male F and really it's not much different from Ts. Maybe it's society's conditioning or something, he's really quite rational and on the same page as me.

Or maybe he's just cool that way, I don't know.

Lurker

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Love? Conscience? Affection? The same things a T can offer and vice versa?

Some traits are part of being human. If you're with an F or a T who can't offer these things, then there's a problem with that individual or your relationship.

There might be a difference in degree and quality, but some things are elemental.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well, since Ts provide clarity and perspective, I assume we bring confusion and myopia.

Honestly I think they get the better deal.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think I'm realizing that what I get and what I get used to are two different things.

EDIT: basically, I get used to dealing with and placating other Fs.

Ah, the catch-22 of F-type courtship. Havent quite wrapped my head around this one myself, but I think theyre pretty trainable. Just need to sort out the stick and carrot.

Seriously though emotional games are my biggest hesitation. Insight into this would be nice. How willing are Fs to compromise in terms of the Ts need for forthrightness?

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
Actually I think many Fs like the directness and the freedom to be direct about what they feel themselves. But of course it likely wont happen instantly.

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
We totally multiply life's fun factor for them!

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Seriously though emotional games are my biggest hesitation. Insight into this would be nice. How willing are Fs to compromise in terms of the Ts need for forthrightness?

I really really hate when people AREN'T forthright. When feelers do this it's like just another obstacle, it's like well you're going to tell me anyway so just get to the point. I don't know what to tell you. :) I'm not that kind of feeler.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Actually I think many Fs like the directness and the freedom to be direct about what they feel themselves. But of course it likely wont happen instantly.

I really really hate when people AREN'T forthright. When feelers do this it's like just another obstacle, it's like well you're going to tell me anyway so just get to the point. I don't know what to tell you. :) I'm not that kind of feeler.

I know you guys are saying this, which means you truly mean it, but I don't know many people that think the way you two do. It's different in an intimate relationship, especially. A lot of F types say that they like the truth, but draw the line at disrespect. But the simple fact is that dishonesty is disrespect in my eyes. And also, I don't have much that I am sensitive about, so it's hard to gauge what other people are sensitive about. I just walk on eggshells most of the time and I am used to it. I've accepted it.

And if I do accidentally offend with a "careless" sentence, I spend hours grovelling because of it. "I know you said you're sorry, but I can't help shaking that this is how you really feeeeeeel about me! waaaaah!"

So, I've learned to shut my mouth. I bought and studied books on etiquette and even went to a class with my ENTJ sis on how to be nice. Of course, my motivations were not for romantic relationships, but for business ones, but I still did it all the same. And it's working.