half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Scott N Denver View Post
    Yeah, I brought that up way earlier in the thread. Didn't see any responses to it though, until now.

"Your stupid" "your feelings are stupid" "your so irrational" "you make no sense" "thats the dumbest thing I've ever heard" "You CANT be serious!?!?!" "your a passive wimp" "I can't help the fact that you have thin skin", ....
    I would never ever use words or phrases like the ones that mock your intelligence level or emotional state, but I can imagine the bolded ones getting thrown around a lot. We say these things to each other and either laugh it off or debate it away. It means nothing to me to say something is a dumb idea (although I would never call a person dumb). But I don't expect someone to retreat, I expect that to be the jumping off point to a great conversation... It's just a different mentality, I guess. In other words, these phrases may not be as emotionally charged as you are perceiving them to be.

MBTI
    INFJ

F's bring good social skills to a relationship and give a couple a better sense of connectedness to family, friends and community, which may not seem so important early in the relationship, but becomes essential later on. F's are also, especially later in life (although some have this earlier than others) are more likely to have strong values -- rock-solid beliefs about what makes life worthwhile. I've seen some T's in their mid-to-late forties bouncing from fad to fad trying frantically to give meaning to their lives while others, presumably because they had guidance from a strong F-type, seem to have something more solid to turn back to when things get tough. This is not to say that I, too, haven't wondered what T's see in F's. T's are so darn useful and practical! Plus, they tend to give the impression that they don't need anybody and that F-type values are not particularly high on their priority lists -- I promise you, though, this does change as they mature!!

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Lily Bart View Post
    F's bring good social skills to a relationship and give a couple a better sense of connectedness to family, friends and community, which may not seem so important early in the relationship, but becomes essential later on. F's are also, especially later in life (although some have this earlier than others) are more likely to have strong values -- rock-solid beliefs about what makes life worthwhile. I've seen some T's in their mid-to-late forties bouncing from fad to fad trying frantically to give meaning to their lives while others, presumably because they had guidance from a strong F-type, seem to have something more solid to turn back to when things get tough. This is not to say that I, too, haven't wondered what T's see in F's. T's are so darn useful and practical! Plus, they tend to give the impression that they don't need anybody and that F-type values are not particularly high on their priority lists -- I promise you, though, this does change as they mature!!
    :rolli:

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lily Bart View Post

I don't know...I think I'm pretty useless!

Also, I think you're pretty off.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

They're just so well meaning and thoughtful (well, at least if I choose to be in a relationship with them). They tune me in to stuff I should think about more.

Plus, it's not like they can't talk about T stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    It's obvious what Fs get from Ts, but what do Ts get from Fs?

T types please post!
    You make us human and if we can pay attention we learn to not just steamroll our way through life but to appreciate the gooshy shit too.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Reviving this thread.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Social finesse. General sense of wanting to please people.

I like F's because they are much better at speaking to people. They seem to have a natural warmth about them.

They show me that people and their feelings are valuable.
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

Pumpernickel
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Well I don't often like Fs in relationships, but I guess they're good for letting me know when I'm not being nice

MBTI
    intp

guilt trips
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery