First 311121314 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by poki View Post
    My wife an Fe dom has a hard time seeing beyond the trees that surround her to the forest. A Ti dom would be like an eagle that can detach from the situation and fly above it all and see things from an external perspective.

What you see is not always reality.
    That sounds like your Se-aux. INTPs come off as even more detached from reality because Ne is so abstract. Jung even wrote that Ti has a subjective foundation and is less objective than extroverted rational functions. Introverted functions are always more concerned with their own thoughts than the external, and they approach the external very subjectively. This can make them very disconnected from reality.

The main point is, everyone type has a limited perspective and a subjective viewpoint, so I don't believe that Thinkers always get Feelers in touch with reality. I think a Feeler could get a Thinker in touch with reality just as well.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    ISTP

I dont mind Fs in general, but I am not able to support with Fi. I am more like a rock, instead of someone that you can feed off of for excitement.
    I *am* friends with Fs, but most of my friends are Ts (I'm a programmer, it just happens)... Some Fs create too much drama for me to handle all of the time. Also, I don't really associate with the constant living by feeling rationale. I ignore my feelings so much of the time that it's hard for me to comprehend and especially to sympathize/empathize with them. Thus I'm insensitive and we don't really hit it off unless they have some nerdy interests like mine. One of my best friends is an INFP. We play video games, watch movies and talk about computer things and random advances in technology - for the most part.

I didn't mean to make myself sound like I only hang with Ts. :-|
    I 65.63% E 34.38%
    S 68.75% N 31.25%
    T 87.1% F 12.9%
    P 66.67% J 33.33%

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ENFp

I dont mind Fs in general, but I am not able to support with Fi. I am more like a rock, instead of someone that you can feed off of for excitement.
    When I do feed off of anyone, it's other Fs. They're more tasty. That came out wrong.
    "In order for the light to shine so brightly, the darkness must be present." -Francis Bacon

"No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible." -George Chakiris

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    That sounds like your Se-aux. INTPs come off as even more detached from reality because Ne is so abstract. Jung even wrote that Ti has a subjective foundation and is less objective than extroverted rational functions. Introverted functions are always more concerned with their own thoughts than the external, and they approach the external very subjectively. This can make them very disconnected from reality.

The main point is, everyone type has a limited perspective and a subjective viewpoint, so I don't believe that Thinkers always get Feelers in touch with reality. I think a Feeler could get a Thinker in touch with reality just as well.
    This is good, would probably just depend on whether you're Fi+Te or Ti+Fe. Fe and Te have more objective and "realistic" conceptions of logic/ethics because they're based on what produces empirical real world results, rather than on a subjective foundation.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

What's so obvious about what Fs get from Ts in a relationship? And if that's obvious, shouldn't it be equally obvious what Ts get from Fs in a relationship?

I've never dated an F, I think. But in my friendships with Fs, I get a lot of patience, understanding and just a general feeling of acceptance, which allows me to let my guard down and just be as feeling and whatever as I like at the moment. And with my feeling moments being incredibly awkward and random, it feels good to have someone that will not bash it with their T or hold it over your head.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by Salt n' pepper View Post
    What's so obvious about what Fs get from Ts in a relationship? And if that's obvious, shouldn't it be equally obvious what Ts get from Fs in a relationship?
    I agree with this person.
    "In order for the light to shine so brightly, the darkness must be present." -Francis Bacon

"No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible." -George Chakiris

MBTI
    INTJ

If I was ever in a relationship with an F, it was over 30 years ago and it lasted less than 3 months, so I can't help in that regard. However, I have had a couple of friends who were F's in the last 10 years and what I liked was how they cared about my feelings, and asked me about my feelings. Since I have a really difficult time getting in touch with my feelings, a friend who cares about my feelings and lets me talk about my feelings is very valuable to me.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    You really think Thinking is more realistic? I don't see it that way. For instance, I see a Ti-dom as more detached from reality than a Fe-dom, or a Se or Ne dom Feeler. Extroverts seem more aware of reality, because they are more concerned with the external than their own mind.
    I would say that extroverts are more aware of people. Not necessarily reality.

I don't think Ti means detached from reality. If anything, I have caught and saved my Fe-dom friends from making bad situations worse many times because they have a difficult time stopping and stepping away from the situation that upset them to handle things in an appropriate manner to get their best advantage.

However, I'm sure they have similarly saved my ass in some fashion. Just can't think of what it is at this moment.
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

MBTI
    crak
    Enneagram
    sax
    Socionics
    adhd

F's can give me an opportunity to grow as a person.
    Last edited by Ulaes; 11-27-2009 at 01:59 AM.

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

when i'm buzzing hard it's difficult to reject me.

i am flowing oh so perfectly. my imagination is free. i am playful and spontaneous, balanced, centered. i am deeply compassionate and benevolent. i can sensitively deal with the interior of anyone, regardless of how buried and deep their fears and concerns lie. i can show them the overall picture of themselves from many different angles. if their judgment continues to create causal links, i will draw them out until they tangle and catch themselves in their own web of lies. this is called being human, and it is being an ethical creature.

i like Ts bc they don't put up with my shit when i'm lamenting an off-day and drifting towards nihilism. they want to push me in the direction i need to go in order to get there (again and again). they get me back on track faster and more efficiently. they make me move on, accept the world, consider specific actions, relationships, movements, comparisons, create goals and go after them. i need more empirical foundation in order to learn especially in the fields i am weakest. they solve problems far better than i do, i either become infected or i massage them away, dissolve them into another substance, free them up and let them move on. but at times the toxins need to be directly removed or directly addressed, in which case i can go into paralytic shock. most of all they ask me the questions i need to hear to solve my own problems. when i hear the critical question, i, of course, immediately know the answer. but i do not ask the question, or know to ask the question, or rely on a method of investigation to uncover the question, so i wander aimlessly around the tunnels of my mind, randomly mixing beakers of ideas until something precipitates.