• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What do Ts get from Fs in a relationship?

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My wife an Fe dom has a hard time seeing beyond the trees that surround her to the forest. A Ti dom would be like an eagle that can detach from the situation and fly above it all and see things from an external perspective.

What you see is not always reality.

That sounds like your Se-aux. INTPs come off as even more detached from reality because Ne is so abstract. Jung even wrote that Ti has a subjective foundation and is less objective than extroverted rational functions. Introverted functions are always more concerned with their own thoughts than the external, and they approach the external very subjectively. This can make them very disconnected from reality.

The main point is, everyone type has a limited perspective and a subjective viewpoint, so I don't believe that Thinkers always get Feelers in touch with reality. I think a Feeler could get a Thinker in touch with reality just as well.

mcmartinez84

MBTI Type
ISTP
I dont mind Fs in general, but I am not able to support with Fi. I am more like a rock, instead of someone that you can feed off of for excitement.

I *am* friends with Fs, but most of my friends are Ts (I'm a programmer, it just happens)... Some Fs create too much drama for me to handle all of the time. Also, I don't really associate with the constant living by feeling rationale. I ignore my feelings so much of the time that it's hard for me to comprehend and especially to sympathize/empathize with them. Thus I'm insensitive and we don't really hit it off unless they have some nerdy interests like mine. One of my best friends is an INFP. We play video games, watch movies and talk about computer things and random advances in technology - for the most part.

I didn't mean to make myself sound like I only hang with Ts. :-|

PoprocksAndCoke

A Benign Tumor
MBTI Type
ENTP
I dont mind Fs in general, but I am not able to support with Fi. I am more like a rock, instead of someone that you can feed off of for excitement.

When I do feed off of anyone, it's other Fs. They're more tasty. That came out wrong.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
That sounds like your Se-aux. INTPs come off as even more detached from reality because Ne is so abstract. Jung even wrote that Ti has a subjective foundation and is less objective than extroverted rational functions. Introverted functions are always more concerned with their own thoughts than the external, and they approach the external very subjectively. This can make them very disconnected from reality.

The main point is, everyone type has a limited perspective and a subjective viewpoint, so I don't believe that Thinkers always get Feelers in touch with reality. I think a Feeler could get a Thinker in touch with reality just as well.

This is good, would probably just depend on whether you're Fi+Te or Ti+Fe. Fe and Te have more objective and "realistic" conceptions of logic/ethics because they're based on what produces empirical real world results, rather than on a subjective foundation.

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
What's so obvious about what Fs get from Ts in a relationship? And if that's obvious, shouldn't it be equally obvious what Ts get from Fs in a relationship?

I've never dated an F, I think. But in my friendships with Fs, I get a lot of patience, understanding and just a general feeling of acceptance, which allows me to let my guard down and just be as feeling and whatever as I like at the moment. And with my feeling moments being incredibly awkward and random, it feels good to have someone that will not bash it with their T or hold it over your head.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
If I was ever in a relationship with an F, it was over 30 years ago and it lasted less than 3 months, so I can't help in that regard. However, I have had a couple of friends who were F's in the last 10 years and what I liked was how they cared about my feelings, and asked me about my feelings. Since I have a really difficult time getting in touch with my feelings, a friend who cares about my feelings and lets me talk about my feelings is very valuable to me.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You really think Thinking is more realistic? I don't see it that way. For instance, I see a Ti-dom as more detached from reality than a Fe-dom, or a Se or Ne dom Feeler. Extroverts seem more aware of reality, because they are more concerned with the external than their own mind.

I would say that extroverts are more aware of people. Not necessarily reality.

I don't think Ti means detached from reality. If anything, I have caught and saved my Fe-dom friends from making bad situations worse many times because they have a difficult time stopping and stepping away from the situation that upset them to handle things in an appropriate manner to get their best advantage.

However, I'm sure they have similarly saved my ass in some fashion. Just can't think of what it is at this moment.

Ulaes

loopy
MBTI Type
crak
Enneagram
sax
F's can give me an opportunity to grow as a person.

Last edited:

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
when i'm buzzing hard it's difficult to reject me.

i am flowing oh so perfectly. my imagination is free. i am playful and spontaneous, balanced, centered. i am deeply compassionate and benevolent. i can sensitively deal with the interior of anyone, regardless of how buried and deep their fears and concerns lie. i can show them the overall picture of themselves from many different angles. if their judgment continues to create causal links, i will draw them out until they tangle and catch themselves in their own web of lies. this is called being human, and it is being an ethical creature.

i like Ts bc they don't put up with my shit when i'm lamenting an off-day and drifting towards nihilism. they want to push me in the direction i need to go in order to get there (again and again). they get me back on track faster and more efficiently. they make me move on, accept the world, consider specific actions, relationships, movements, comparisons, create goals and go after them. i need more empirical foundation in order to learn especially in the fields i am weakest. they solve problems far better than i do, i either become infected or i massage them away, dissolve them into another substance, free them up and let them move on. but at times the toxins need to be directly removed or directly addressed, in which case i can go into paralytic shock. most of all they ask me the questions i need to hear to solve my own problems. when i hear the critical question, i, of course, immediately know the answer. but i do not ask the question, or know to ask the question, or rely on a method of investigation to uncover the question, so i wander aimlessly around the tunnels of my mind, randomly mixing beakers of ideas until something precipitates.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
Fi can help T's get past some political correctness limits they think they have to stop at. Or maybe that's the Ne, because dominant Fi types and FJs seem to glare at me when I encourage them to keep going.