User Tag List

First 89101112 Last

Results 91 to 100 of 131

  1. #91
    Once Was Synarch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    8,470

    Default

    I've thought about this a lot. "Feelers" often see the significance of things. For me, I am so busy pulling everything apart that I lose my way. I lose track of what is valuable. Feelers are good at keeping me connected to humanity.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

  2. #92
    half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp
    Posts
    6,387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    I've thought about this a lot. "Feelers" often see the significance of things. For me, I am so busy pulling everything apart that I lose my way. I lose track of what is valuable. Feelers are good at keeping me connected to humanity.
    Syn, I don't really understand this perspective. I agree that everyone has their place in society but what does "connected to humanity" mean? Does this mean "connected to other Fs"? Why do we need to see the significance of things that we don't feel are significant from our own natural standpoint?

  3. #93
    Senior Member Moiety's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Posts
    6,020

    Default

    This really begs the question (I haven't read the whole topic but) : What do Fs get from Ts in a relationship?

  4. #94
    Once Was Synarch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    8,470

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    Syn, I don't really understand this perspective. I agree that everyone has their place in society but what does "connected to humanity" mean? Does this mean "connected to other Fs"? Why do we need to see the significance of things that we don't feel are significant from our own natural standpoint?
    For me, it means I stay human. Otherwise I become more and more uncivilized until I stop caring about anything. When I am around strong T's, all we talk about is how meaningless it all is and how people are just animals and how life has no apparent meaning, etc. etc. I like that Feelers have thought our reasons for giving a fuck.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

  5. #95
    now! in shell form INA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    intp
    Posts
    3,198

    Default

    Now we get to the nitty gritty of what stops Ts from howling at the moon and eating our young.
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery

  6. #96
    Senior Member WoodsWoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    884

    Default

    If Ts get grounded in humanity Fs need and get grounding in reality.

  7. #97
    Sugar Hiccup OrangeAppled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni
    Posts
    7,661

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WoodsWoman View Post
    If Ts get grounded in humanity Fs need and get grounding in reality.
    You really think Thinking is more realistic? I don't see it that way. For instance, I see a Ti-dom as more detached from reality than a Fe-dom, or a Se or Ne dom Feeler. Extroverts seem more aware of reality, because they are more concerned with the external than their own mind.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

    INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

  8. #98
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,702

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    You really think Thinking is more realistic? I don't see it that way. For instance, I see a Ti-dom as more detached from reality than a Fe-dom, or a Se or Ne dom Feeler. Extroverts seem more aware of reality, because they are more concerned with the external than their own mind.
    Hmm

    I disagree

    Which ISTPs are you meeting?

  9. #99
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    STP
    Posts
    10,501

    Default

    Someone to bring out our feelings. Not always good, but feelings none the less.

  10. #100
    Senior Member Saslou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Posts
    4,915

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    This really begs the question (I haven't read the whole topic but) : What do Fs get from Ts in a relationship?
    Balance
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

Similar Threads

  1. What kind of feelings/perceptions do you get from these examples?
    By UnitOfPopulation in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-08-2012, 11:46 AM
  2. [ISFP] ISFPs: what do you find most fulfilling in life?
    By BlueScreen in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 03-26-2009, 10:40 AM
  3. [ISTJ] ISTJs - what do you want from Santa??
    By batumi in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 12-24-2008, 11:10 PM
  4. Little Lesson, Big Lesson...What do you learn from your "mistakes?"
    By ygolo in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 08-24-2008, 10:41 AM
  5. [SJ] What do SJ's look for in a partner? Crush? You get the drift --
    By CzeCze in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-30-2007, 04:35 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO