12311 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Default Sensors who think they are Intuitives

I'm really quite annoyed at all the people who I tell about the MBTI types who keep thinking that they are Intuitives. They take the mbti personality test and pretty much answer on how they want to be.
    I've got an ISFJ friend who thinks he's an INTJ saying "Yea, that's definitely me"
    Then I got my ISFP friend who thinks he's an INFP.
    It just makes me wonder how people who claim they are N are really an S.
    Is being a sensor really so bad that people can't accept it as part of their personality?

EDIT:
    This thread is about natural sensors who think they are intuitives not about my friends. To cancel out further misunderstandings.
    Last edited by Oaky; 08-06-2009 at 07:11 PM. Reason: Additional information about thread

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Ragingkatsuki View Post
    Is being a sensor really so bad that people can't accept it as part of their personality?
    I think a lot of people have associated tradition and security with "what their parents did," and since they do things differently, they feel that they're not into tradition. That's one reason why a person that has chosen to do things differently than their parents might not identify with SJ.

Now, with SP, it's a little less clear. I think ESPs should know what type they are and be happy with it. But ISPs... might not be as impulsive, and feel that they're more cautious and measured, maybe identifying more with the creativity of N types than the impulsiveness of SPs.

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Why does it annoy you? People can see themselves as however they want, it doesn't affect my life in the slightest way.

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Personally, I have no idea if I'm a sensor or an intuitive, and I've been at this thing longer than I care to admit, namely 11 years....
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Perhaps some people (Ns included, at times) perceive Sensors as being less intelligent or adept at dealing with people. If there's one thing that I've learned/had reinforced on this forum, it's that they are just as insightful, but that they gather the information to arrive at their conclusions in a different way. They have a whole different skillset than the Ns have, but sometimes it is taken for granted and given less value. I have really come to appreciate all the practical here and now skills Sensors possess which I do not, and also their ability to appreciate the present more fully than I do.

Another reason I see is that there is a significantly smaller population of Ns in the world. Many people want to be rare and unique (in a good way).

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    Why does it annoy you? People can see themselves as however they want, it doesn't affect my life in the slightest way.
    It may not affect your life but it does to mine. My mates always refer back to their 'fake' personalities according to how they do things now. They also decide to bring me into their retarded lives and the so called 'INTJ' friend likes to think we think pretty much the same way.

Sensors who want to be 'different' or 'unique' are pretty much wanting to be something they are not. It's become more of a cultural thing where young people strive to be unique then give up at some point in their lives.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

Yes Sensors should know their place and get back to the herd!

Don't blame them, blame the test.

Anyway, do you really know them better than they know themselves?
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

MBTI
    ESFP
    Socionics
    ESFP

and what is the lesson learned? Don't bring up mbti around sensors, they usually don't give a damn. And in your case if they do, they'll just have fun with it, not exactly take it as serious as us.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

It may not affect your life but it does to mine. My mates always refer back to their 'fake' personalities according to how they do things now. They also decide to bring me into their retarded lives and the so called 'INTJ' friend likes to think we think pretty much the same way.

Sensors who want to be 'different' or 'unique' are pretty much wanting to be something they are not. It's become more of a cultural thing where young people strive to be unique then give up at some point in their lives.
    How do you know what they are?
    Go to sleep, iguana.

Widdles in your cream.
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    LII

...then find some new friends if you find them so very infuriating?